The 2019-2020 Around the NBA thread

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Giannis is questionable for Sunday's game.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Raptors take down Celtics 100-93 to even series 2-2.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Preparing for his exit? This is the biggest game of the season for the Bucks so he should play. The only reason to sit is to save face by missing the final game, in which sweeps them out of the playoffs.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Preparing for his exit? This is the biggest game of the season for the Bucks so he should play. The only reason to sit is to save face by missing the final game, in which sweeps them out of the playoffs.

Unless it's something more serious I think Giannis needs to play. With the Bucks down 3-0 it's a must win.

My guess is Giannis will play. He doesn't strike me as the type player that cares about saving face.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If we’re going to throw money at someone to try and play the 4, I keep watching Ibaka and thinking he’s perfect. Veteran presence, title winner, good defender, will block a shot and can stretch for the 3 ball.

I’m still liking Grant from the Nuggets. I’m not sure how much he’ll command once he declines his team option.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If we’re going to throw money at someone to try and play the 4, I keep watching Ibaka and thinking he’s perfect. Veteran presence, title winner, good defender, will block a shot and can stretch for the 3 ball.

I've been saying for a while, he'd be perfect for us. Can play with Ayton and back up Ayton.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

We've seen several teams roll over and die in the bubble. I think in a traditional playoffs that they'd try harder but so far we've seen Portland, Orlando, Brooklyn, Indy, Philly and now, Milwaukee, give up when the odds got stacked against them. That doesn't even count the bubble teams who pooped the bed, like New Orleans, Sacramento, Washington and, arguably, the Grizz.

I think it will lessen as the stakes get higher, but so far, a lot of these teams seem to favor going home over fighting back.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
We've seen several teams roll over and die in the bubble. I think in a traditional playoffs that they'd try harder but so far we've seen Portland, Orlando, Brooklyn, Indy, Philly and now, Milwaukee, give up when the odds got stacked against them. That doesn't even count the bubble teams who pooped the bed, like New Orleans, Sacramento, Washington and, arguably, the Grizz.

I think it will lessen as the stakes get higher, but so far, a lot of these teams seem to favor going home over fighting back.
I know one team that didn't roll over in the bubble despite all odds being against them...

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Also I think when teams are down, the idea of going home, resting, recharging and playing before a home crowd helped a lot. Generally I've been very pleased with the play in the bubble. There have been some very exciting games thus far. What the Bucks do will be very interesting and telling.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I respect honesty. Jokic on why he is patient on offense.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Giannis is driving the ball to the basket on almost every possession. He has 18 of the Bucks 24 points.

Heat lead 31-29.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Giannis turns ankle and leaves the game.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Giannis is out for the game.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Ayton/Bridges/2020 1st (10)/2022 unprotected first for Giannis.

I pull the trigger.

Rubio/Booker/Oubre/Cam/Giannis + Saric/Payne and a couple ring chasers would be a top4 seed in the West next year.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ayton/Bridges/2020 1st (10)/2022 unprotected first for Giannis.

I pull the trigger.

Rubio/Booker/Oubre/Cam/Giannis + Saric/Payne and a couple ring chasers would be a top4 seed in the West next year.

Even if he walks after next season? He will be a free agent then.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Even if he walks after next season? He will be a free agent then.

I’m gambling on elite Booker/Rubio/Cam/Oubre Valley Boyz synergy. I think he would want to stay in a warm climate with a young superstar scorer.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m gambling on elite Booker/Rubio/Cam/Oubre Valley Boyz synergy. I think he would want to stay in a warm climate with a young superstar scorer.

Raptors were NBA Champions and Kawhi Leonard left as a free agent.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose