Josh Rosen for backup QB?

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Eh, it might be a cutthroat business, but it is still business at the end of the day. You don’t rise to the very top being “classy” or whatever the hell that means(I know what it means, I just hate the context of it 99% of the time).
We also only know what we know.. yes, he could have been treated like absolute crap on the way out. Or, he could have made a big whiny deal about it on the way out because he felt butt hurt. Or it's somewhere in the middle and just is what it is. Jmo

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Keim drafted him, but the guy that did want Murray called him. I'm quite sure, that the KM decision was not on Keims mind before KK came in.

That said, if Keim would have been classy, he would have called. Keim isn't that classy in that repart, because of it, he could be viewed as less classy, but wasn't there later after the trade a call from Keim after the "Backlash".

But whatever, Keim being more classy or not, doesn't help the fact that Rosen is a bad fit for us.

Rosen was and always will be a better fit for a play style that is more static less RPO,Air Raid heavy.

Rosen could fit in NE, SF, JAX, NY, NYJ, but he only could florish in an O that has a good to above average o-line. Behind a mediocre or less than average O-line, Rosen can't progress and adapt to the speed of the NFL and that was visible in Arizona and Miami.

With the Tua draft and Fitz, Rosen is QB3 and that will not change, nothing to gain for Miami for now. If Garappolo goes down in preseason or some other QB from a non mobile QB O, than he could be worth up to a 6th rounder.

So I don't think he gets released, maybe traded but not released before end of preseason. And if released during 53 man rooster cut, he has probably PS potential but nothing more.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Behind a mediocre or less than average O-line, Rosen can't progress and adapt to the speed of the NFL and that was visible in Arizona and Miami.

He did not flourish behind the 2 worst O lines in the NFL.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
I’m half kidding but half not too. He’s probably going to get released from Miami and Hundley’s days may be numbered depending on his allegations.

Josh has a little familiarity with what KK runs from talks with him prior to being traded and knows the players and he left on good terms. I don’t recall him burning any bridges on the way out.

I still think he’s got some talent and could step in if needed. I am not saying for starter, just backup.

not poking at you SC, but why should “allegations” number your days till unemployment??

Another instance where cops were never called, she can’t produce photos, but now she is coming forward because she “couldn’t work things out” between the 2 of them (she’s asked for $750k on top of the $13k/month in spousal support).

this BS is getting ridiculous.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Syracusecards

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
not poking at you SC, but why should “allegations” number your days till unemployment??

Another instance where cops were never called, she can’t produce photos, but now she is coming forward because she “couldn’t work things out” between the 2 of them (she’s asked for $750k on top of the $13k/month in spousal support).

this BS is getting ridiculous.
I said “may be” and “depending on the allegations”. If it ends up looking bad for the team image, I could see Bidwill letting him go.

I’m not saying what should happen one way or the other, just what could happen.

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Bill Burr has addressed this.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
I said “may be” and “depending on the allegations”. If it ends up looking bad for the team image, I could see Bidwill letting him go.

I’m not saying what should happen one way or the other, just what could happen.

I would hope MB, in all his experiences as a prosecutor, will hold the line and see past this BS.

as a former prosecutor, he should find it insulting criminal allegations will be “tried” in a civil court. The whole concept is preposterous. But happens daily in “divorce” court.

OP
OP
Syracusecards

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
Bill Burr has addressed this.

dude sounds like a whiny little ********. Nobody is forced into relationships. Make choices with the head above your neck and things work out. Meet the parents before getting serious. Listen to her when she’s talking to her friends, not you. It’s not rocket science. If you go all in for the booty, you get your just desserts.

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
dude sounds like a whiny little ********. Nobody is forced into relationships. Make choices with the head above your neck and things work out. Meet the parents before getting serious. Listen to her when she’s talking to her friends, not you. It’s not rocket science. If you go all in for the booty, you get your just desserts.
But most of this "great" man never learnd to use theire head or didn't need to.

DumboD

Rookie
Reaction score
Rosen is a completely different type of QB than Murray. For one thing, he's not mobile, or at least in comparison to Murray. And that alone makes him unable to run the plays Murray does. Teams rarely want a backup who needs to run a different offensive scheme to be successful. I hope Rosen gets another shot, but after his second season, he is worth less than he was after his first season. And now worth much less than he was coming into the draft. So his options are limited to anyone giving him another chance.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m half kidding but half not too. He’s probably going to get released from Miami and Hundley’s days may be numbered depending on his allegations.

Josh has a little familiarity with what KK runs from talks with him prior to being traded and knows the players and he left on good terms. I don’t recall him burning any bridges on the way out.

I still think he’s got some talent and could step in if needed. I am not saying for starter, just backup.

I am assuming this is a joke.

First off he would not want to come back here under any circumstances. Second off he stinks - I seriously would rather give Strevler a chance over Rosen.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score

it seems obvious now

but i remember when i heard the first rumor of the Cards taking Murray and it was WTF?!?

but imagine where the Cards would be now had they gone conventional wisdom.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson