The 2019-2020 Around the NBA thread

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Offseason rules for teams once eliminated.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow just wow. The maveriks, no KP, Luka still gets them the win over Leonard, PG, LouW and Jackson. The Clippers are stacked but couldn't get it done.

Do some of you feel like Rivers is an overrated coach? He's good, dont get me wrong but his teams fall short. The series isn't over but to be tied 2-2, with KP out and all those weapons on the clippers who would have thought?

I'm a fan of Luka, but I thought as a rookie he was going to limited physically, i thought he wasn't quick enough for the NBA. But he is so smart and crafty. He crosses over until the defender gets going one way, then he attacks.

They might just have to double him every time and let the other maverik players shoot. I know they tried to get physical with Luka, but he's so big. He guarded Morris and Harrel very well a few times even with a bum ankle.

Luka is quick like a cat and I mean that almost literally.

If you have ever watched a cat play with a mouse you know what I mean. You can see the cat's movement with the eye and it looks tantalizing slow. However, it's really not.

Great players make the game look easy.

Also Luka has so many offensive moves in his arsenal it's impossible to predict which one he is going to use.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score

If you have ever watched a cat play with a mouse you know what I mean. You can see the cat's movement with the eye and it looks tantalizing slow. However, it's really not.

Also Luka has so many offensive moves in his arsenal it's impossible to predict which one he is going to use.
I don't think he is particularly quick, but just has an array of moves and great footwork.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

he’s also VERY strong. He can get to the basket and take contact and still get the ball in the basket. I didn’t realize that at all from the highlights.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
he’s also VERY strong. He can get to the basket and take contact and still get the ball in the basket. I didn’t realize that at all from the highlights.

Exactly. He has no fear going inside against anyone.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not a surprise, their offense looks like a clogged toilet. However, that could have something to do with their GM creating a roster built for the NBA of the 90s.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nets interested in Gregg Popovich. It hard to see him leaving Spurs.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Heat eliminate Pacers 99-87 winning the series 4-0.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Yes, but to play devil's advocate, Doncic might not have developed this way on the Suns. You have to take the two organizations' different qualities into account too.
Especially with Booker and him on the same team. Someone's stats, if not both, would have suffered.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Especially with Booker and him on the same team. Someone's stats, if not both, would have suffered.

Doncic and Booker would have been one of the most phenomenal back courts of all time.

If the Suns had a do-over, I couldn't draft Luka quick enough.

Plenty of stats to go around. Besides it's about winning. Who is going to guard both of them?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lakers taking it serious tonight beating the Trail Blazers 135-115.

They lead series 3-1.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score

That's exactly right. One thing nobody talked about before the draft was his size. People didn't realize just how big he is. He dropped some fat, added some muscle, and he is even stronger now, yet most people still don't realize that he has a body of a legitimate power forward.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That's exactly right. One thing nobody talked about before the draft was his size. People didn't realize just how big he is. He dropped some fat, added some muscle, and he is even stronger now, yet most people still don't realize that he has a body of a legitimate power forward.
He really didn’t though. He was more of a sf body. But 19 year olds tend to fill out as they mature. NOW he is a legit pf body.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Timberwolves may be sold.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Luka will have to win another game tonight with the assistance of his tenacious teammates with Porzingis out.