Brett Kollman’s take on Arizona’s defense

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I'd rather role with Chris Jones that one of these no hope retread.

The only one I'd give any rope is Kirkpatrick and I'm borderline on him.

Kirkpatrick would be a solid #2 option based on his career performance so far.

I'm honestly not that worried about CB. I think PP21 bounces back to his usual level, and with Chris Jones, Murphy, Webb, and Crawley it should be NFL average at least.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Which would be who? Kennard is on the other side already.

Your options are Reddick, Kylie Fitz or never played there Gardeck.

Few teams have great back up options for edge rushers.

Reddick will be fine as a snap water who can get the occasional pressure. I'd like for the Cardinals to add a young edge guy next year.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Few teams have great back up options for edge rushers.

Reddick will be fine as a snap water who can get the occasional pressure. I'd like for the Cardinals to add a young edge guy next year.

Most teams have a young edge guy coming through, or at least a journeyman like Marsh.

We have Reddick, Fitts and a long shot with Gardeck. It's by far our worst depth. Fitts has 95 NFL snaps. Reddick has about what? 20-30 snaps at OLB? And Gardeck has zero.

I'm seriously hoping for a miracle when the cut's to 53 come around.

Even the corpse of Cam Wake would be a major improvement. Or a journeyman like Nate Orchard. Both of who are FA.

Lagerfilled

Professional Tailgater
Reaction score
Another great Kolmann vid... Beginning is hilarious!

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
two things, and both involve the FO:

1. this really makes me wonder about the Suggs signing

why would you sign a guy that forces your best defensive player into his Plan B position? This wasnt Suggs in his prime -- this was "maybe he has one year left" Suggs.

at least Keim had the guts to cut him and recognize he made a mistake

2. forcing Reddick into the lineup at a MLB also has Keims fingerprints all over it -- desperately trying to save a 1st round pick

football karma

Reaction score
I agree with the rest, but the goal from day 1 was to make Reddick an ILB.
agree on day 1, but this was going into year 3.

maybe this was about finding out once and for all in a rebuilding year if he could play the position --

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Another thing this video highlights if brains over brawn.

Being physically gifted doesn't matter if you don't have the brains to go with it. Budda Baker isn't special physically but his mental processing is great.

Chandler Jones isn't the biggest, strongest or fastest edge rusher but he always has a plan A and plan B. He outsmarts his opponents.

lester

Rookie
Reaction score
two things, and both involve the FO:

1. this really makes me wonder about the Suggs signing

why would you sign a guy that forces your best defensive player into his Plan B position? This wasnt Suggs in his prime -- this was "maybe he has one year left" Suggs.

at least Keim had the guts to cut him and recognize he made a mistake

2. forcing Reddick into the lineup at a MLB also has Keims fingerprints all over it -- desperately trying to save a 1st round pick
And just think all those years ago we.could have had Suggs on draft day,but noooooo

Last edited:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Another thing this video highlights if brains over brawn.

Being physically gifted doesn't matter if you don't have the brains to go with it. Budda Baker isn't special physically but his mental processing is great.

Chandler Jones isn't the biggest, strongest or fastest edge rusher but he always has a plan A and plan B. He outsmarts his opponents.

I don't know man. Chandler isn't super quick, but he is really strong and he knows how to use leverage to get around tackles.

Does anyone remember when the Cardinals beat the Patriots in Foxboro? That was Chandler's rookie year and he about beat D'Anthony Baptiste on every play. I was specifically watching Baptiste on every play and Chandler was too much for him to handle.

That was when I became a Chandler Jones fan. Even though Baptiste was the worst LT I've ever seen, Chandler was demonstrating he was going to be a monster.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't know man. Chandler isn't super quick, but he is really strong and he knows how to use leverage to get around tackles.

Does anyone remember when the Cardinals beat the Patriots in Foxboro? That was Chandler's rookie year and he about beat D'Anthony Baptiste on every play. I was specifically watching Baptiste on every play and Chandler was too much for him to handle.

That was when I became a Chandler Jones fan. Even though Baptiste was the worst LT I've ever seen, Chandler was demonstrating he was going to be a monster.

I'm not saying he isn't gifted, all NFL players are specimens to some degree, compared to normal folk. His ability to beat guys is as much about his smarts as his skill, although he does have elite hands. There are quite a few edge rushers in the NFL who are more physically gifted that Jones for pace, size or strength but they don't get near his sack total because Jones outsmarts guys. Always has a plan A and plan B on how he's going to beat his man.

I think it's why he's so underrated. Doesn't get the splash plays where he blows someone up like Bosa or performs some elite duck and bend like Von Miller. But always has a plan and knows how to execute it.

That's the way I see him anyway.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I'm not saying he isn't gifted, all NFL players are specimens to some degree, compared to normal folk. His ability to beat guys is as much about his smarts as his skill, although he does have elite hands. There are quite a few edge rushers in the NFL who are more physically gifted that Jones for pace, size or strength but they don't get near his sack total because Jones outsmarts guys. Always has a plan A and plan B on how he's going to beat his man.

I think it's why he's so underrated. Doesn't get the splash plays where he blows someone up like Bosa or performs some elite duck and bend like Von Miller. But always has a plan and knows how to execute it.

That's the way I see him anyway.

I think even in Jones' twilight years, he'll still be a passable starter because of his understanding of leverage and strong hands. He looks pretty slow compared to other edge guys, and I think he'll end up being a 6-8 sack guy at the end of his career.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think even in Jones' twilight years, he'll still be a passable starter because of his understanding of leverage and strong hands. He looks pretty slow compared to other edge guys, and I think he'll end up being a 6-8 sack guy at the end of his career.

Good point. He could play much longer and still have good production. Especially if we can eventually put a threat across from him.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

He's not slow, he's a long strider, which looks slower.

football karma

Reaction score
Seems like all Keim to me.

Not sure how it could be Vance watching that video

Suggs felt like it had some good local PR value to the signing beyond football -- which suggests Mike B as well

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave