xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How did the Clippers let this happen. Reggie Jackson was guarding Luka on defense???

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Much, much worse from this angle.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I think we all just have to admit, the suns blew the most important pick in their history. Even if Ayton turns into a monster he’s never going to reach Luka‘s level. That’s a second year player, playing without his #2, against the 2 seed (a team many picked to win it all), putting up 43/17/15 - each one of those numbers alone are huge/together it’s got to be one of the best individual playoff efforts of all time - and oh yeah a step back filthy 3 to win it and go up 2-1. Ridiculous. So ridiculous.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I think we all just have to admit, the suns blew the most important pick in their history.

Yes, but to play devil's advocate, Doncic might not have developed this way on the Suns. You have to take the two organizations' different qualities into account too.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Don’t get me wrong, I 100% wish we would of drafted Luka, but I still wonder how effective a Booker/Doncic back court would have looked since they both play best with the ball in their hands. Im bummed we didn’t get to find out though.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yes, but to play devil's advocate, Doncic might not have developed this way on the Suns. You have to take the two organizations' different qualities into account too.
While anything is possible, he was a stud coming in last year and this year only further cemented that he’s even better than we thought last year. While a good staff can work wonders, some players have “it.” He undeniably had it. He showed it in Europe. Many of us saw it, just didn’t recognize to what extent. He’s been in the nba two years. Pretty sure he was gonna be this guy no matter what. I mean, Lebron came into a load of crap in Cleveland. Didn’t hold him back from becoming what he was going to become. Some players just transcend organization’s dysfunction. Safe to say doncic fits that mode imo.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
It's too bad Bill Simmons isn't doing his NBA Trade Value Power Rankings column anymore. You might have to put Doncic #1 at this point.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Don’t get me wrong, I 100% wish we would of drafted Luka, but I still wonder how effective a Booker/Doncic back court would have looked since they both play best with the ball in their hands. Im bummed we didn’t get to find out though.
While it would’ve suffered defensively it would have easily been the most dominant backcourt in the nba. They both pass the ball. Something tells me they would have figured it out.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think we all just have to admit, the suns blew the most important pick in their history. Even if Ayton turns into a monster he’s never going to reach Luka‘s level. That’s a second year player, playing without his #2, against the 2 seed (a team many picked to win it all), putting up 43/17/15 - each one of those numbers alone are huge/together it’s got to be one of the best individual playoff efforts of all time - and oh yeah a step back filthy 3 to win it and go up 2-1. Ridiculous. So ridiculous.

The only thing that soothes the pain a bit, no one knew how good Doncic would be.

We all thought he would be good but a generational talent like Kobe or Lebron... I don't think so.

At least the Suns didn't draft Anthony Bennett number 1.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
The only thing that soothes the pain a bit, no one knew how good Doncic would be.

We all thought he would be good but a generational talent like Kobe or Lebron... I don't think so.

At least the Suns didn't draft Anthony Bennett number 1.
Yea, the truth is (although no team would admit it) is that 80% plus of the league would of drafted Ayton #1 overall. The only teams that wouldn’t of are the teams that already had an all star Center on their team, and they probably would of traded the pick to someone wanting to draft Ayton.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea, the truth is (although no team would admit it) is that 80% plus of the league would of drafted Ayton #1 overall. The only teams that wouldn’t of are the teams that already had an all star Center on their team, and they probably would of traded the pick to someone wanting to draft Ayton.

Although the Hawks got a terrific pick in Trae Young, it still has to sting they traded out of the third spot in the draft where Doncic was selected.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No surprise but Raptors eliminate Nets 4-0.

Final: Raptors 150 - Nets 122.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Although the Hawks got a terrific pick in Trae Young, it still has to sting they traded out of the third spot in the draft where Doncic was selected.

The Kings save us all. I think you can justify what we did and what Atlanta did, it's hard to fathom Vlade's decision. That is, assuming it was his decision.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
as i recall, that big-mouth Gambo played a part in seeding doubt about Doncic before the draft with rumors of him being immature and not getting along with teammates?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yeah, I’ll bet they live young, but it smarts to watch doncic.

im willing to bet the kings are the ones hurting most. They arguably got the worst of the lot in a very strong draft class.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jazz beat Nuggets 129-127. Utah goes up in series 3-1.

Donovan Mitchell was unreal with 51 points.

So was Jamal Murray with 50 but Mitchell carries that Jazz team.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Was basically going to add what Ouchie did...

Yeah, I’ll bet they live young, but it smarts to watch doncic.

im willing to bet the kings are the ones hurting most. They arguably got the worst of the lot in a very strong draft class.

At least we aren't Sacramento. THEY really dropped the ball.

Another silver lining is Monty as the Suns coach now. If they took Luka then Igor would still be the Suns head coach. There's no way he gets canned after just 1 season. When you look at it as Ayton & Monty vs Luka, it evens out a little more. It's still in Dallas' favor but not by a huge margin.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was basically going to add what Ouchie did...

At least we aren't Sacramento. THEY really dropped the ball.

Another silver lining is Monty as the Suns coach now. If they took Luka then Igor would still be the Suns head coach. There's no way he gets canned after just 1 season. When you look at it as Ayton & Monty vs Luka, it evens out a little more. It's still in Dallas' favor but not by a huge margin.

For sure, thank you Kings.

No way Igor gets canned if the Suns draft Doncic. I suspect everyone would now be talking about what a great coach he is because the Suns would be in the playoffs.

It would be hard to mess up the combination of Booker and Doncic. Also the Suns would have two bona fide stars on their hands.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
150 - 122? My god, has the concept of defense just left every team in the NBA?

So, I still think the Suns played great basketball, but now that I’m just watching the playoffs, there is a little juice seemingly missing from these games. The D overall has been questionable, there’s been some big injuries and down the stretch of our 8-0 run we absolutely did what we needed to do, but it was against mostly JV teams the last three games.

it was a great end to the season and a really good building block, but I hope future personnel decisions take into account the bubble and don’t ignore what came in the previous 65 games beforehand.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ayton is a really good player, despite his shortcomings he is still a borderline all-star level player... but Luka's first 2 years are possibly the most incredible first 2 years of any player's career ever. If anyone claims that NOW they'd take Ayton over him they are lying to themselves.

I agree with the points that Luka and Booker would not be a good fit, to the extent that we would have had to trade Booker. Because of that, I am not sure that we'd be better than Dallas is right now... or even as good as we appear to be at the moment. But still... Doncic is one of the top 5 players in the league, not taking him hurts.

Even so, we still have one of the best young rosters in the league. Our situation is brighter than it's been in a decade.

I'd also take Ayton over anyone BUT Doncic in that draft.

... at least we aren't the Kings. Bagley sucks.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wow just wow. The maveriks, no KP, Luka still gets them the win over Leonard, PG, LouW and Jackson. The Clippers are stacked but couldn't get it done.

Do some of you feel like Rivers is an overrated coach? He's good, dont get me wrong but his teams fall short. The series isn't over but to be tied 2-2, with KP out and all those weapons on the clippers who would have thought?

I'm a fan of Luka, but I thought as a rookie he was going to limited physically, i thought he wasn't quick enough for the NBA. But he is so smart and crafty. He crosses over until the defender gets going one way, then he attacks.

They might just have to double him every time and let the other maverik players shoot. I know they tried to get physical with Luka, but he's so big. He guarded Morris and Harrel very well a few times even with a bum ankle.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave