2015 NBA Draft Thread

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still, thats a loss of a big man.

I certainly wanted to give Patric Young a look. I guess the Suns did not give him any guaranteed money. It's hard to blame him.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Not sure if this has been brought up in other threads, but with the addition of Payne we now have the 13th (Booker), 14th (Payne) and 15th (Oubre) picks from that draft on the roster.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Not sure if this has been brought up in other threads, but with the addition of Payne we now have the 13th (Booker), 14th (Payne) and 15th (Oubre) picks from that draft on the roster.
And we pursued terry rozier who was the 16th pick and lots of people on this board craved Trey Lyles, the 12th pick. Weird.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
We also have the 9th pick from that draft in Frank Kaminsky.

There was also talk for a while of trading Ayton for Karl-Anthony Towns.

Maybe we can go after Willie Cauley-Stein and/or Montrezl Harrell in the offseason.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went through this thread a couple of weeks ago to see how some here judged the Booker pick and I wasn't too surprised he wasn't at the top of anyone's wishlist but I did find it interesting how some didn't like the pick, primarily @Mainstreet . He seemed most against the selection. Most were indifferent.

So many weakness in his game. Please say no.

Aren't you glad you were wrong?

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went through this thread a couple of weeks ago to see how some here judged the Booker pick and I wasn't too surprised he wasn't at the top of anyone's wishlist but I did find it interesting how some didn't like the pick, primarily @Mainstreet . He seemed most against the selection. Most were indifferent.

I jumped on the Booker bandwagon right after we drafted him but up until then I wanted Portis. As I recall, Chris Sanders was the only one strongly pushing for Devin although there were a handful that were neutral or mildly in favor of him as our pick.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol... my hate of Kaminiski was strong then, hasn’t cooled since.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t know how there as entire draft thread on which I made no comment.

I didn’t either. That’s... odd.

I wasn't here either but I didn't post a lot back then anyway.

I know the Bledsoe/Knight team was a personal low point for me as a fan. That team was worse than the Beasley team from a few years prior, IMO. There was no real direction to the team and no one was particularly likable. After they fired Hornacek, they even had an unlikable head coach in Watson.

A team that starts Chandler, Markieff, Tucker, Knight, and Bledsoe has like a 30 win ceiling, and without luck at the lottery there was no real hope for improvement because adding late lottery picks like Booker and Warren helps round out a competitive team but doesn't generally give you a centerpiece.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wasn't here either but I didn't post a lot back then anyway.

I know the Bledsoe/Knight team was a personal low point for me as a fan. That team was worse than the Beasley team from a few years prior, IMO. There was no real direction to the team and no one was particularly likable. After they fired Hornacek, they even had an unlikable head coach in Watson.

A team that starts Chandler, Markieff, Tucker, Knight, and Bledsoe has like a 30 win ceiling, and without luck at the lottery there was no real hope for improvement because adding late lottery picks like Booker and Warren helps round out a competitive team but doesn't generally give you a centerpiece.

NOTHING is worse than the Beasley year.

NOTHING!!! NOTHING!!! I FEEL LIKE I AM TAKING CRAZY PILLS!!!

(Zoolander reference... also... as most know, Beasley's signing was, in my opinion, probably the stupidest signing in franchise history).

That said, trading for Knight was a baaaaaad move, probably the worst move McD made. A panic, short sighted, knee jerk, overpay, to try to find direction for a team that had rapidly lost it.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

In retrospect the Booker pick was amazing. And yes, I'm thrilled the Suns drafted him.

Without looking it up, I really liked Myles Turner, Trey Lyles and Bobby Portis where the Suns were selecting in the 2015 draft.

I suspect I wasn't the only person who was looking at other players or Booker wouldn't have fallen to #13.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Thread batted about .050 with mostly strikeouts. Big yikes. Same people chirping in the current threads like they have inside info :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose