2020 Draft

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I would trade Oubre to move up 5-7 places.

If we trade Oubre, I would rather get an established starting power forward in Gordon, or even Markkanen. Neither Toppin (given his lack of defense) nor Haliburton (given his ceiling as a combo guard off the bench) is worth giving up Oubre.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Oubre for Gordon all efing day id even throw in Frank and Jerome. Im high on Toppen because he seems to have an NBA ready body and attacks the rim but not for Oubre.

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Oubre is one year at $15 million, then he walks. And with Cam and Mikal his position is crowded. I would trade that to get a very useful player on a rookie deal.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Some interesting thoughts and nuggets on some players that the Suns may be targeting.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Jalen Smith intrigues me.

This is such a crapshoot that I only want to move up in the draft so Jones can take his top pick, not because there’s anyone I’m dying to draft or because I’m convinced there’s top talent nearer the top than at 10.

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Some interesting thoughts and nuggets on some players that the Suns may be targeting.

According to this, the last draft that had this much uncertainty was 2013, when Anthony Bennett went first and Giannis went 15th. Could be a good year to have a mid first rounder.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
LeMelo Ball shot 37% from the field and 25% from 3pt range in AUSTRALIA

Yeah but the ball spins the other direction there, hard to get used to.

His status as a high lotto pick is absolutely astounding. He looks putrid.

EDIT: I know I am preaching to the choir here, but seriously, I don't freaking get it. The dude is riding hype from his brother and his status as a freshman in high school. If his last name was "Jenkins" I don't know if he'd be on the board.

I agree. Does anyone think he's way better than Lonzo? And where would Lonzo go in this draft, based on what we know now?

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The only point guards in this draft I even consider taking in the first round, let alone Top 4, are Haliburton, Hayes and Lewis.

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah but the ball spins the other direction there, hard to get used to.

I agree. Does anyone think he's way better than Lonzo? And where would Lonzo go in this draft, based on what we know now?
Not as good a shooter as Lonzo was in college (though he throws them up more often and from everywhere). Not as good a defender as Lonzo. Maybe a slightly better passer than Lonzo. The kid cannot be better.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I seem to know less and less each year about college prospects and this year is no different but I find myself intrigued by the late hype on Patrick Williams. Unfortunately the recent attention he's drawing will likely take him out of our range unless we move up.

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If I was drafting later, I would definitely consider Vernon Carey. He will be the late first round steal of this draft.

Jalen Smith is interesting too. 6-10. Shoots the three AND blocks shots as well as a double-digit rebounder.

I also really like Tyler Bey, but we don't really need another wing.

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I was drafting later, I would definitely consider Vernon Carey. He will be the late first round steal of this draft.

Jalen Smith is interesting too. 6-10. Shoots the three AND blocks shots as well as a double-digit rebounder.

I also really like Tyler Bey, but we don't really need another wing.

Jalen Smith is ranked #22 in the Tankathon mock.

When we were doing threads on players I liked him a lot. If he drops the Suns should consider buying a pick.

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jalen Smith is ranked #22 in the Tankathon mock.

When we were doing threads on players I liked him a lot. If he drops the Suns should consider buying a pick.
Smith has a pogo stick like jump, kinda like Shawn Marion. He doesn't go high, but he goes up quickly. In this draft, you have to forget about where the draft sites slot players and just take the best player on your board. I would have no problem with the Suns taking him at #10 if they believe he is the BPA.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So the top four picks:

#1 Timberwolves

#2 Warriors

#3 Hornets

#4 Bulls

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What a masterful job the Warriors have done tanking. I have a hunch that team is not going to be as dominating as they once were though. They were built in a certain type of chemistry and that is hard to maintain with any kind of turnover.

I wonder how the TWolves will blow it.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Now that the expected is confirmed, here is who I realistically target at 10 (with the understanding that if Toppin, Okongwu or Haliburton falls, the Suns should grab one of them):

Achiuwa
Jalen Smith
Carey
Stewart
Vassell
Nesmith
Lewis
Saddiq Bey

Avoid Anthony and Mannion at all costs.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Smith has a pogo stick like jump, kinda like Shawn Marion. He doesn't go high, but he goes up quickly. In this draft, you have to forget about where the draft sites slot players and just take the best player on your board. I would have no problem with the Suns taking him at #10 if they believe he is the BPA.

Agree. I don't have much confidence in the players being slotted properly without workouts.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
What a masterful job the Warriors have done tanking. I have a hunch that team is not going to be as dominating as they once were though. They were built in a certain type of chemistry and that is hard to maintain with any kind of turnover.

I wonder how the TWolves will blow it.

We better hope they blow it...