Game #21 San Diego Padres @ Arizona Diamondbacks 08/15/20

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Go dbacks!!! Let's inch closer to .500 hope the bats continue to be hot

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Alex Young gets the start for the D-backs. And he gives up a 2-out solo HR in the 1st.

And, I guess, because Varsho had a bunt base bunt hit, he is rewarded with another
start at DH. What a simple-minded approach to developing a young player.

I'll play you in another game when you show me you can produce.
But I know you probably can't produce until I let you get in the groove.

Or maybe Torey doesn't know! :)

You must be registered for see images attach

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Ahmed has terrible body language at the dish. Most terrible hitters do but he seems to think every called strike is a poor call from what I gather.

Varsho needs to be in the lineup everyday for development. He’s not going to burn a year of control.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
In the bottom of the 2nd, David Peralta pokes a hit into left field. Then he steals 2B. And is stranded.

But he "can't fight City Hall" when the coaching staff and the rest of the players care only about hitting into the shift.

The Freight Train is, of course, one of my favorite D-backs. He just took a step up!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And, guess what? Varsho pokes a double into LF rather than hitting into the shift. And is also stranded.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And Steve quotes Lovullo as saying that he is starting Varsho back-to-back because he likes to give players a chance.

Uh, Torey, does the name Kevin Cron mean anything to you? Who do you think you're shi**ing? If you can remember
what you say from day to day, prove it!

And get Hazen to trade Cron so he gets a chance before he retires.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BTW, they announced at the start of the game that the roof will be opened some time in the middle innings.

Last edited:

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
D-backs tie the game in the bottom of the 4th.
1-1.

And Ginkel in to pitch with one out in the 5th.

Alex Young did a good job, giving up just one
run covering for MadBum. He did leave the
bases loaded one inning.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good challenge. Great throw by Machado but Hosmer didn’t touch the bag

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members