Free Agency 2020

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know the story on Willie Cauley-Stein but he is from Kentucky.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think @Hoop Head mentioned it the other day but Alec Burks would be nice depth at shooting guard.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Christian Wood blew up after Drummond was traded. He looks like an ideal fit offensively but defense needs work. Interesting to see what offers he gets after his late year performance.

Ibaka could be expensive and is getting old.

Harrell could be a nice fit if spacing with Ayton could be worked out.

Trade market may present better options.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Christian Wood blew up after Drummond was traded. He looks like an ideal fit offensively but defense needs work. Interesting to see what offers he gets after his late year performance.

Ibaka could be expensive and is getting old.

Harrell could be a nice fit if spacing with Ayton could be worked out.

Trade market may present better options.

The problem with Wood is the Pistons have plenty of money to spend so I suspect that they will keep him.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The problem with Wood is the Pistons have plenty of money to spend so I suspect that they will keep him.
There's speculation they could be looking at a bigger piece(s) to use their cap space on. Wood is a big gamble considering before the Drummond trade he didn't look more than a MLE guy. So were the last 15 games showcasing on a bad team or is he developing into a potential star?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's speculation they could be looking at a bigger piece(s) to use their cap space on. Wood is a big gamble considering before the Drummond trade he didn't look more than a MLE guy. So were the last 15 games showcasing on a bad team or is he developing into a potential star?

I don't think the Suns need a star at power forward so I would consider him as an option but not the only one. Also I'm not sure he would bring more to the Suns than what they already have. The Suns need a rim defender but he doesn't fit this mode.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ibaka is the closest thing to a Rasheed Wallace type of player right now that I can think of. But I am thinking of a younger Ibaka, not present Ibaka.

a younger Ibaka who hits FA would break the bank for us. I'm not sure older Ibaka would at this point.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Can't defend (0.1 blocks per game) or rebound (5.3 per game in an up year with 4.9 career average) and isn't athletic. Would make our primary weaknesses (interior defense, rebounding, athleticism and toughness) even weaker.

He’s a much better version of Saric but he’ll get a deal north of 3 years which the Suns can’t do.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I think we need someone like a young Cam Johnson. Maybe more boards, and blocks.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I think we need someone like a young Cam Johnson. Maybe more boards, and blocks.

And athleticism, and strength, and toughness, and rim protection, and interior defense...

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Comapred to Saric he looks like superman!

That's not saying much. Even the improved version of Saric in the bubble plays like his feet are glued to the floor.

We need better than both Saric and Cam at the starting power forward spot.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Comapred to Saric he looks like superman!
Please, let's set our sights higher than better-than-bad. Saric as a starter was bad in a power role,
especially on a team with a soft Center.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I agree that a player like Rasheed Wallace would be perfect for us right now.

Sadly, the most apt current comparison for Rasheed is Draymond Green.

I hate Draymond Green.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I agree that a player like Rasheed Wallace would be perfect for us right now.

Sadly, the most apt current comparison for Rasheed is Draymond Green.

I hate Draymond Green.
I hated Danny Ainge until he became a Phoenix Sun!

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Hawks ($58,202,336) and Pistons ($68,822,376) are set up perfectly to sign free agents and absorb players in trade.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Anthony Davis. It's not a pipe dream. Its definitely a long, long shot, but the team is poised, we can come up with the money, and Monty has the relationship. Now all we need is for things in Lakerland to sour.

As far as I can tell (and I always get this wrong so please be patient) according to Spotrac we are presently at $3 mil over the cap with cap holds for next year.

If we release Saric, Baynes, that puts us at $17 million available.
Then we decline the options on Kaminsky and Diallo. Add another $7.8, so $24.8 million.

Then you trade Oubre for space ($14.375 million). There will be plenty of takers. Think someone might take #10 pick and Oubre for the Suns to move up into the #4-6 range?

$39 million available.

Draft Toppin as the backup 4. Pick up a vet min back up C.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson