Mavericks @ Suns Thursday game thread 8-13-20 (season restart)

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score

It really sucks the season is ending like this.

If we miss out, there is nothing negative about what the Suns are accomplishing.

A foundation and hope for next season and the years to follow. As long as we
don't see a reversal by management.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
What. A. Bubble. The best this team has been in at least 10 years, maybe even more. Just spectacular. And if they don't make it, the NBA is going to be kicking themselves. I'm guessing they simply assumed this wouldn't happen.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No matter what happens you can honestly say the Suns left everything on the floor to have a shot.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Man, I don't want this ride to end. It's so much more rewarding to watch Suns games when there's something on the line.
Especially with the Diamondbacks bumbling and fumbling . . .

And the Mercury getting closer to having to rebuild, with
Diana Taurasi, the WNBA G-O-A-T, at the age of 38.

The Suns have stepped up just in the nick of time!

And the biggest benefit of all? That Devin Booker,
who made All Star only as a replacement, will not
have to look elsewhere to reach his goals.

Whew! It is finally coming true! :suns: :thumbup: :suns:

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
So let’s put all this into perspective. Admittedly, outside of the watching the Suns, the whole bubble experiment just hasn’t been very entertaining to me. Lots of players either sitting out resting, or hurt, or just not making the trip. I don’t think it’s been great basketball, with questionable effort.

Suns go 8-0, the only team to not lose in the bubble. I couldn’t even tell you the last time they won 8 in a row. Nash era I would presume? I give them all the credit for playing hard and beating the teams in front of them. But, coincidentally, this streak does come at a strange time and circumstance for the league. Clearly the Suns took positive steps both with their play, and hopefully rebuilding their national reputation. They also clearly benefitted from opposing teams resting players or not having players available when you look at Philly, OKC, Miami, Indy w/o Sabonis, and maybe the Clippers w/o Montrell and Lou Williams first game back since his ATL wings trip. I give the Suns full credit for that win just as a disclosure. I actually think their toughest game from an effort standpoint was Washington. Those guys played hard and the Suns had a hard time putting them away. This last Dallas game I wouldn’t call a super quality win considering Dallas didn’t play Luka or KP too much.

So where do you all think this team really is? I mentioned above all the teams that were missing key players but I would be a hypocrite if I didn’t give the Suns credit for winning without Oubre. I was happy to see the play of Cam Johnson and Bridges. They showed real growth, and should be pieces of this team moving forward for a long time. Booker got a chance to shine on a national stage and didn’t disappoint. He was fantastic and shined a good light on the organization which was so refreshing. This team still needs another star IMO and Ayton was a disappointment in an environment where he could’ve flourished. How much of this do you feel can carry over? In a normal environment, does this team ever win 8 in a row? What are the realistic expectation going into next season?

Sad that we won’t get to find out for a few months now unless the Nets pull off another shocker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
It is in the hands of our General Manager to balance out the roster.

I hope the experience he's gained so far will grow with the team.

Part of it is always luck, but the good teams make their own luck.

With the 8-0 performance, the bar has certainly been raised.

We will see! We will see! At least now, expectations are, well,
expected rather blind hopes!

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Especially with the Diamondbacks bumbling and fumbling . . .

And the Mercury getting closer to having to rebuild, with
Diana Taurasi, the WNBA G-O-A-T, at the age of 38.

The Suns have stepped up just in the nick of time!

And the biggest benefit of all? That Devin Booker,
who made All Star only as a replacement, will not
have to look elsewhere to reach his goals.

Whew! It is finally coming true! :suns: :thumbup: :suns:

Kyler Murray.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sooo proud of suns no one on the planet thought they go 8 0 and they did

This will be good for media attention and hopefully fa next yr

Great job suns a ++++++++ effort

Suns definitely got more fans after bubble

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
So let’s put all this into perspective. Admittedly, outside of the watching the Suns, the whole bubble experiment just hasn’t been very entertaining to me. Lots of players either sitting out resting, or hurt, or just not making the trip. I don’t think it’s been great basketball, with questionable effort.

Suns go 8-0, the only team to not lose in the bubble. I couldn’t even tell you the last time they won 8 in a row. Nash era I would presume? I give them all the credit for playing hard and beating the teams in front of them. But, coincidentally, this streak does come at a strange time and circumstance for the league. Clearly the Suns took positive steps both with their play, and hopefully rebuilding their national reputation. They also clearly benefitted from opposing teams resting players or not having players available when you look at Philly, OKC, Miami, Indy w/o Sabonis, and maybe the Clippers w/o Montrell and Lou Williams first game back since his ATL wings trip. I give the Suns full credit for that win just as a disclosure. I actually think their toughest game from an effort standpoint was Washington. Those guys played hard and the Suns had a hard time putting them away. This last Dallas game I wouldn’t call a super quality win considering Dallas didn’t play Luka or KP too much.

So where do you all think this team really is? I mentioned above all the teams that were missing key players but I would be a hypocrite if I didn’t give the Suns credit for winning without Oubre. I was happy to see the play of Cam Johnson and Bridges. They showed real growth, and should be pieces of this team moving forward for a long time. Booker got a chance to shine on a national stage and didn’t disappoint. He was fantastic and shined a good light on the organization which was so refreshing. This team still needs another star IMO and Ayton was a disappointment in an environment where he could’ve flourished. How much of this do you feel can carry over? In a normal environment, does this team ever win 8 in a row? What are the realistic expectation going into next season?

Sad that we won’t get to find out for a few months now unless the Nets pull off another shocker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grizz blazers spers pelicans and Kings all needed to win too. None of them could do it.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Suns record at the end of season restart is 34-39.
Projected over a full season that’s a 38 season. That doubles our record from last season and exceeds my expectation. And despite my complaints about Ayton, that’s with Ayton missing 36 games. Realistically this team could’ve have a .500+ record.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Agreed. I think that’s huge. Maybe FA huge. Hopefully referee huge. I didn’t feel as if we were being railroaded by the refs as much during the 8 game stretch.
Like it or not, refs and umpires are influenced by playing to the fans. Probably the League offices, too.

In other words, teams have to earn the calls. The rich get richer. It may not be right, but it is the status quo.

As of right now, the Suns are in a shining "moment" to reach the next plateau. I hope they do!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson