Thunder @ Suns Monday game thread 8-10-20 (season restart)

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some information about Ayton missing test.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Even if we get to the play in, I don't like our odds against the Blazers. If it were a best of 3 series then I'd bet on the Suns but with the Blazers needing to win 1 time to the Suns having to win 2, I'm really nervous.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This has happened with a handful of guys.

While Ayton deserves criticism, the blanket visceral statements are not merited in this case. Glad he played well for the 1.5 quarters he played

My confidence was in Monty doing the right thing.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad he was more mature about it than I was. I wanted Ayton to be sent back to his room today.

The Suns should put someone in charge of making sure everyone tests on time... maybe a trainer.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns adjusted game plan with Thunder hitting 3s.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dario was huge again in this game. My prediction of him coming into his own in the bubble seems to be true. He's definitely a keeper at this point. I hope no one drives his price up since he's a restricted free agent and playing well for all the league to see currently.

Saw this of him earlier and tried to finish it during the game but didn't. Was able to get it done though, for the most part. It originally had him in Red & Blue with the Sixers Logo and the #9.

You must be registered for see images attach

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Dario was huge again in this game. My prediction of him coming into his own in the bubble seems to be true. He's definitely a keeper at this point. I hope no one drives his price up since he's a restricted free agent and playing well for all the league to see currently.

Saw this of him earlier and tried to finish it during the game but didn't. Was able to get it done though, for the most part. It originally had him in Red & Blue with the Sixers Logo and the #9.

You must be registered for see images attach

He is still not a starting level power forward, but I wouldn't mind this version of Dario off the bench behind a legitimate NBA starter. We still need more beef and athleticism up front, though.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He is still not a starting level power forward, but I wouldn't mind this version of Dario off the bench behind a legitimate NBA starter. We still need more beef and athleticism up front, though.

agreed. But if we could come up with second unit revolving around Dario, Payne, Carter and one of the wings, that’s a solid building block of talent. Still want to see a little more beef up front with Ayton.

Will be really interesting to see What kind of deal Saric is looking for, what the cap will be after the season, what possible bridge PF could be available and who at the 10th pick we might get to groom for the future.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
agreed. But if we could come up with second unit revolving around Dario, Payne, Carter and one of the wings, that’s a solid building block of talent. Still want to see a little more beef up front with Ayton.

Will be really interesting to see What kind of deal Saric is looking for, what the cap will be after the season, what possible bridge PF could be available and who at the 10th pick we might get to groom for the future.

You hit it here, it just feels... different right now. Like we're really close. We haven't really felt this since the last few years of Nash's tenure here.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Missing a Covid test is pretty lame, but I wonder how often it happens and we just never hear about it. The Suns had the earliest game today. If they had played in any of the other time slots we probably would of never know Ayton missed the test since he would of been cleared well before tipoff. Monty mentioned that Ayton wasn’t the only Sun to miss a test while in the bubble. Still pretty lame though.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Missing a Covid test is pretty lame, but I wonder how often it happens and we just never hear about it. The Suns had the earliest game today. If they had played in any of the other time slots we probably would of never know Ayton missed the test since he would of been cleared well before tipoff. Monty mentioned that Ayton wasn’t the only Sun to miss a test while in the bubble. Still pretty lame though.

Yeah it's come out that Porzingis missed his test today, apparently. So it's not something that only Ayton is guilty of. I'll admit that I jumped to conclusions too soon but it's his own history as far as why I jumped to conclusions. His early season failed drug test killed the benefit of doubt for him, in my eyes. He can only thank himself for killing the trust between fans and himself though.

He needs to take his tests more seriously, not just for fans but primarily for his teammates. If he didn't play at all and the Suns lost then he would almost be responsible for the lost season all on his own because of easily avoidable suspensions. Thankfully that's not what happened though.

I hope this was a wake up call for how quick this run could be over for the team though. Everyone needs to be on their game and focused, on the court and off.

Last edited:

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
He's the only Suns player that's missed game time for missing a covid test. Just another pebble to throw on the mountain of evidence that his mentality is a problem.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ugly start, but ultimately took care of business. Perhaps a blessing in disguise, as management should now be well aware that we still need help inside/up front.

I am starting to worry about Ayton's dependability, even as a serviceable player, long term. I am seeing frightening glimpses of William Bedford both on the court and off of it...

William Bedford... christ. Keep googling "highly drafted busts" to back up your clown show of comparisons.

Ayton had more impact in 3 quarters today than Bedford did in his career. No doubt you're ignorant of that because your knowledge of William Bedford consists of you googling him 5 minutes before making this post and seeing he was bad and drafted high.

I am annoyed as anyone by Ayton's childishness off the court, I tore into him today in this thread, but seriously...

Tell me more about how Cam Johnson can't get a shot off, how Booker is obviously forcing his way out and hates it here, how any number of players secretly have career ending injuries and the team is hiding it...

Keep... on... trolling.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
William Bedford... christ. Keep googling "highly drafted busts" to back up your clown show of comparisons.

Ayton had more impact in 3 quarters today than Bedford did in his career. No doubt you're ignorant of that because your knowledge of William Bedford consists of you googling him 5 minutes before making this post and seeing he was bad and drafted high.

I am annoyed as anyone by Ayton's childishness off the court, I tore into him today in this thread, but seriously...

Tell me more about how Cam Johnson can't get a shot off, how Booker is obviously forcing his way out and hates it here, how any number of players secretly have career ending injuries and the team is hiding it...

Keep... on... trolling.

Laughably bad comparison.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Laughably bad comparison.

I'm referencing specifically the off-court and drug nonsense, as well as lack of motivation on the court. And I lived through the drug scandal of the 80s as a frustrated but devoted fan. I was actually one of the few who applauded the Dan Majerle pick a couple of years later because I knew what Majerle did with the U.S. National team. (The pick I questioned in that draft was Tim Perry over Rony Seikaly.)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave