Nuk getting a new contact and trade rumor

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Who’s Chuck Harris and does he have legit connections to the Cards?

I would like to see a Reddick trade for a pick if there are any takers.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Who’s Chuck Harris and does he have legit connections to the Cards?

I would like to see a Reddick trade for a pick if there are any takers.

I guess he is one of the guy of revenge of the birds
The rumor started with him, he never mentioned Ngakoue btw, but he said he heard something
Not supposed to be a just a speculation but an anticipation of something imminent

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
my guess is that if the Cards are acquiring a player -- its a middle of the roster guy to provide depth / spot starter

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Athletic has "Six hypothetical trades that should happen before week 1":

Jets trade a conditional sixth-round pick to the Cardinals for LB Haason Reddick
Why it makes sense for the Jets: They have one of the least talented defenses. They traded Adams and linebacker C.J. Mosley opted out. Reddick turns 26 in September and is in the final year of his contract. His versatility as an off-ball linebacker and as a pass rusher could be maximized in Gregg Williams’ scheme. Reddick could offer the Jets a competent starting option, and if he looks like a good fit, the organization can look into keeping him long term. The Jets need talented, young players on defense. Reddick is worth taking a flier on.

Why it makes sense for the Cardinals: Reddick has been ping-ponged between different positions and different schemes since the Cardinals selected him with the 13th pick in 2017. He spent the majority of last season as an off-ball linebacker. But the Cardinals used their first-round pick on Isaiah Simmons and signed De’Vondre Campbell. They still have Jordan Hicks, too. In other words, barring multiple injuries, Reddick is unlikely to have a role as an off-ball linebacker. The Cardinals instead may try him out as a rotational edge rusher. But Reddick had one sack in 131 pass-rush opportunities last season. The Cardinals declined his fifth-year option and clearly don’t see him as a part of their future. Rather than wasting a year trying to force him into a role in which he’s unlikely to succeed, they can acquire a Day 3 pick for Reddick.

...dave

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I couldn't chime in on this early and I see it's now been confirmed that Ngakoue is not the guy.

But why would any team trade for Ngakoue?

He's basically a short Clowney. And you can pick up Clowney in FA for surely less money without losing a draft pick.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Dudes we could trade for...(I think I have posted something like this before)

1 - Royce Freeman - RB - Broncos
2 - Kerryon Johnson - RB - Lions
3 - Xavien Howard - CB - Dolphins
4 - Ryan Anderson - OLB - Washington
5 - Leonard Fournette - RB - Jacksonville
6 - William Jackson III - CB - Cincy
7 - OJ Howard - TE - Tampa

There are reasons all of these dudes would be available and they all have their concerns. They also all fit areas of need for the Cardinals (with the possible exception of OJ Howard depending how you view the position for the Cardinals).

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

There are reasons all of these dudes would be available and they all have their concerns. They also all fit areas of need for the Cardinals (with the possible exception of OJ Howard depending how you view the position for the Cardinals).
Highly doubt we would be able to get either of the CBs.

Lagerfilled

Professional Tailgater
Reaction score

I suspect we would have taken CB Jackson the year he came out if he wasn’t picked before us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Highly doubt we would be able to get either of the CBs.
There are some teams who are going to view this as a lost season. I think the Bengals are one of those teams. Jackson will be a free agent next year, and I am not sure they like him enough to sign him to the long-term deal he wants. They are also going to be aggressive in FA so he does not make sense to let go to better their comp pick formula. A 3rd rounder probably gets it done.

Howard is interesting because of the resources the Dolphins have spent at the CB position. They just signed Byron Jones to a huge deal. They drafted Noah Igbinoghene in round 1. They have Eric Rowe on the books for next year at 5 mil. Howard is 27, coming off an injury, at a position of depth, and costs 13 mil. You dangle a conditional 2nd or 3rd rounder that increases if he stays healthy, and they will think on it. That deal is too easy to get out of (5.6 in dead money if traded) for me not to consider that this was a sign and trade option especially looking at the players they acquired at CB after they signed that deal.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
There are some teams who are going to view this as a lost season. I think the Bengals are one of those teams. Jackson will be a free agent next year, and I am not sure they like him enough to sign him to the long-term deal he wants. They are also going to be aggressive in FA so he does not make sense to let go to better their comp pick formula. A 3rd rounder probably gets it done.

Howard is interesting because of the resources the Dolphins have spent at the CB position. They just signed Byron Jones to a huge deal. They drafted Noah Igbinoghene in round 1. They have Eric Rowe on the books for next year at 5 mil. Howard is 27, coming off an injury, at a position of depth, and costs 13 mil. You dangle a conditional 2nd or 3rd rounder that increases if he stays healthy, and they will think on it. That deal is too easy to get out of (5.6 in dead money if traded) for me not to consider that this was a sign and trade option especially looking at the players they acquired at CB after they signed that deal.

What do you think the value of draft picks for a trade will be due to the college season being in flux... though even now they will always have value

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
What do you think the value of draft picks for a trade will be due to the college season being in flux... though even now they will always have value
It depends on the team. Top 90 picks will likely still have value. Teams have already scouted many of those players. This draft should be loaded with players which also brings value. Bad teams want the most chances to hit on good players which means get as many as possible. I don't believe it changes much.

Cap uncertainty may actually bring up there value tbh.

Minski

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It will be interesting if the season is cut short or cancelled altogether. Would the draft order just be the same as last year?

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
So that trade rumor just kinda died out did it?

Yeah, but the Hopkins "hold in" is going strong...Tells me there was something to a new contract for him. Florio was looking up Hopkins' name on NFLPA Agent list this morning and noticed him missing...meaning he may be in between agents right now (5 day waiting period)...he also said it could just be an error...but it's probably not a coincidence he is sitting out practice, with an "injury" and also wants a new deal. It's highly likely that a new deal is imminent and he's not taking any chances until it's signed.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave