Suns chances at play in

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe anything is more fun in a bracket style event. I also believe at the end here, they should have had a flex style schedule so the games that matter aren't being played at noon.

No doubt a tournament for the teams outside the playoffs would have been better.

Perhaps the teams already in the playoffs could have played each other. There would have to be some kind of perk related to the lottery or money. The standings would have remained the same before the restart.

If there was a tie there could have been a coin flip.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Sarver has evidently backed off (finally) and let his people do their job courtside and on the court.

Perhaps, as I recently posted, someone in a position of authority got through to him.

I wondered if it could be Ann Meyers Drysdale, who has the title of V.P. on both the
Mercury and Suns.

That is not a laughing matter!

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sarver has evidently backed off (finally) and let his people do their job courtside and on the court.

Perhaps, as I recently posted, someone in a position of authority got through to him.

I wondered if it could be Ann Meyers Drysdale, who has the title of V.P. on both the
Mercury and Suns.

That is not a laughing matter!

When did he back off? The problem with your theory is that you've complained at multiple points this season that he hadn't changed and was too involved. You even said Draymond's words should be a wake up call for him less than a week ago, which wouldn't be necessary if he'd backed off like you now claim.

Now all of the sudden, the Suns win and it's not because players are playing to their potential, Monty is coaching them up, or they've developed some chemistry with each other after having played 50-60 games with each other. It's simply that someone* told Sarver to back off and he has. In doing so that's caused a domino effect that has the Suns winning games now.

*You think the someone who told him back off recently is Ann Meyers Drysdale despite having no evidence to back that up. She's worked with Sarver for more than a decade as part of the Mercury and Suns front offices, which would get anyone else labeled as one of Sarver's stooges by you.

Sarver is a bad owner, no one here will claim otherwise, but this idea that you have where his mere presence sullies everything in his vicinity has stretched far beyond the point of being comical and into the realm of delusional.

Last edited:

Beaver

Maximum Effort
Reaction score
PHX wins today
MEM loses today

PHX wins on THR, they are one of the play in teams. Do I have this right?

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
When is it the last time that Sarver has hogged the spotlight?

Hoophead, as a Suns fan, I am giving him credit for that. And it
has shown in the Suns finally competing for post-season.

Despite having you on ignore because of your personal attacks,
I opened the preceding one. SOS!

I am enjoying the Suns performance, as is everyone else. What
are you griping about?

Don't bother answering. You are back on 'ignore'. I am here to
share opinions, not get in a catfight.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
When is it the last time that Sarver has hogged the spotlight?

Hoophead, as a Suns fan, I am giving him credit for that. And it
has shown in the Suns finally competing for post-season.

Despite having you on ignore because of your personal attacks,
I opened the preceding one. SOS!

I am enjoying the Suns performance, as is everyone else. What
are you griping about?

Don't bother answering. You are back on 'ignore'. I am here to
share opinions, not get in a catfight.

How have I personally attacked you? I take offense to that and at that this point I honestly don't believe you know what a personal attack is. You claim you're being personally attacked whenever anyone asks you to back up something you post and you can't. I've seen you do that to many posters here and it's ridiculous.

Regardless, Sarver was in the spotlight just recently fighting for as many teams as possible to be included in the NBA bubble. In fact he was applauded by some members of the press as being one of the most outspoken voices for the inclusion of all teams rather than just playoff teams playing in Orlando. So 2 months ago he was in the spotlight and heavily featured in NBA news. Of course giving him credit for that would go against your usual MO of decrying Sarver as the bogeyman of Arizona basketball. And that's not a personal attack either, it's simply pointing out a pattern in your post history.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
7 straight wins in the bubble is a total win for the Suns regardless what happens in game 8 (and them likely missing out due to a tie-breaker anyway).

mission accomplished

i can't say i'm too surprised.
i felt the rest would return them to the form they started the season with,
and they were highly motivated to take advantage of the opportunity.

though i did think it would take Oubre and Baynes playing to make the play-in

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
PHX wins today
MEM loses today

PHX wins on THR, they are one of the play in teams. Do I have this right?

We have to win Thursday and either one of Portland or Memphis has to lose their next game for us to get in.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If Portland wins today with Memphis losing

If suns win Thursday do we get play in gm

Only if Portland blows its lead today, or else Portland loses to Brooklyn or Memphis loses to Milwaukee.

Portland is currently a half game up on us, and Memphis holds the tiebreaker against us, having won the season series.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
99-98 Blazers up with 10:18 to go in the 4th against the Mavs.

Luka needs to take over. This is his last game of the regular season after all...

I hope it's his last and they sit him against the Suns.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Lillard over 50 again. Headed down to the wire.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lillard ties it with a huge 3. 130-130 with 1:18 to go. Looks like Porzingis fouled out but it's being challenged. Lillard has 61.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Trey Burke just cost the Mavs the win.

Passed it to Finney Smith and barrelled into Lillard for the offensive foul as Finney Smith drained a corner 3. The Mavs should be up 134-132 with 4.5 to play but instead it's Blazers ball 132-131 with 4.5 to play.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Now Suns have to win Thursday and hope for a loss by either Memphis or Portland... the hard way.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Now Suns have to win Thursday and hope for a loss by either Memphis or Portland... the hard way.

Best chance is a memphis loss. It's possible - but probably not likely considering who Millwaukee is likely to be playing.

To be honest, Lillard deserved that win, that is one of the best offensive performances I have ever seen.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave