Cardinals CB Patrick Peterson laying low, eyeing big 2020 campaign

Lagerfilled

Professional Tailgater
Reaction score
Give him an extension before the start of the season. I suspect he’s gonna bounce back and the price tag he’ll seek after a successful year is gonna be too costly.

No thanks! P2 is a fraud. He’s who I’d trade if the opportunity presented itself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
No thanks! P2 is a fraud. He’s who I’d trade if the opportunity presented itself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

He’s a diva for sure, but I don’t think he’s a fraud by any means...He struggled out of the gate after the suspension but there were games late where we straight up dominated, like the Cleveland game for example.

I can not bare the thought of him leaving and killing it in another uniform like the Honey Badger...It still hurts to see him crushing it with KC.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He's NOTHING like David Johnson...hahaha

Re: your TAG:

“Nancy Astor the Viscountess Astor: "Winston, you are a drunk!"
Winston Churchill: "And you, madam, are ugly. But I shall be sober in the morning."

“Nancy Astor: "Sir, if you were my husband, I'd poison your tea."
Winston Churchill: "Madame, if you were my wife, I'd drink it!"

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Before I comment you should know I think P2 has always been overrated.

He came out of college with a big rep, a high draft position and big expectations and he started off well and lived up to that. I think 12,13 and 15 were his best years and he's coasted on rep since. Helped a great deal by rarely being challenged by QBs because there were plenty of other options.

Now thats not to say he's not good. I just don't think he's lived up to his billing for quite some time.

To me, his PED use is a huge red flag. The fact he used a masking agent says he did it on purpose in which case he must be feeling past his prime. On top of that I expected him to return in Game 7 with a huge chip on his shoulder and he sucked big time, for at least 6 games, only really looking starter worthy at the end of the season.

Right now I'd put it 60% he's cooked vs 40% practicing against Hopkins and contract year lifts his game.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Peterson is a for sure ROH guy.
8x Pro-Bowl
3x 1st team All-Pro
All Decade team

I'm guessing that he's already a HOF lock. Maybe one or two more pro-bowls secures it but damn man..... .The dude is easily the 2nd best CB in team history (and that's still saying something) and a total lock for the ROH.

I bet he finishes with at least 10 pro bowls and 4 all-pro selections.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Forgot to mention:

Knowing this is a contract year, and the buzz I am hearing on the Underground podcast..... I expect Pat P to be a monster this season. Maybe even a comeback POY candidate.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
Forgot to mention:

Knowing this is a contract year, and the buzz I am hearing on the Underground podcast..... I expect Pat P to be a monster this season. Maybe even a comeback POY candidate.

It's a no brainier to me. Contract year, full season of play, no distractions, better overall defense.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Before I comment you should know I think P2 has always been overrated.

He came out of college with a big rep, a high draft position and big expectations and he started off well and lived up to that. I think 12,13 and 15 were his best years and he's coasted on rep since. Helped a great deal by rarely being challenged by QBs because there were plenty of other options.

Now thats not to say he's not good. I just don't think he's lived up to his billing for quite some time.

To me, his PED use is a huge red flag. The fact he used a masking agent says he did it on purpose in which case he must be feeling past his prime. On top of that I expected him to return in Game 7 with a huge chip on his shoulder and he sucked big time, for at least 6 games, only really looking starter worthy at the end of the season.

Right now I'd put it 60% he's cooked vs 40% practicing against Hopkins and contract year lifts his game.

He doesn't get challenged by many QBs because his man is rarely open.

There isn't a man who's gameplanned against more on our defense than PP21, and that includes Chandler Jones. It's the reason why the opposite CBs since he came into the league have allowed embarrassing passing stats.

Last season was obviously a tumultuous one for many reasons save for the last quarter, but before that, he'd never missed a game for any reason, had always been known as a top-five at worst CB, and made the pro bowl eight out of nine seasons.

Wayyy too early to write his obituary, despite people's desire to do so.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
8x Pro-Bowl
3x 1st team All-Pro
All Decade team

I'm guessing that he's already a HOF lock. Maybe one or two more pro-bowls secures it but damn man..... .The dude is easily the 2nd best CB in team history (and that's still saying something) and a total lock for the ROH.

He'll be in the HoF for sure. Anyone who says otherwise is freebasing. It might take a few years after he's eligible, but he's getting in.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
8x Pro-Bowl
3x 1st team All-Pro
All Decade team

I agree he is better than Aeneas.