Thunder @ Suns Monday game thread 8-10-20 (season restart)

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Payne really took a hard elbow.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Umm... Payne seems a tad concussed. Not sure he should be out there right now.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
LMAO, we're 5-0 in a bubble we should never have been in - against teams that are all statistically better than we are, here we are growing as a team - watching Booker come into his own on a national stage while our diaper dandies continue to improve… and people aint happy in here.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
LMAO, we're 5-0 in a bubble we should never have been in - against teams that are all statistically better than we are, here we are growing as a team - watching Booker come into his own on a national stage while our diaper dandies continue to improve… and people aint happy in here.

Because our 2nd best player doesn't take the game, or situation, seriously. He's in the bubble, he can't leave. How the hell does he miss his testing window? How many other NBA players have had that happen so far?

This isn't Ayton's first big mistake this year. Throw in his PED suspension and he's single handedly derailed the season.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Halftime:

Suns 65 - Thunder 64

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How much did we trail by there? Felt like 50. Up by 1, wild half. Cam Johnson and Booker playing strong.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Carter and Payne play tenacious defense off the bench.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Because our 2nd best player doesn't take the game, or situation, seriously. He's in the bubble, he can't leave. How the hell does he miss his testing window? How many other NBA players have had that happen so far?

This isn't Ayton's first big mistake this year. Throw in his PED suspension and he's single handedly derailed the season.
Do you have any details? That's the main problem with this board, the ENTIRE board -- we are all alarmists.

What doesn't make sense is calling Ayton worthless based on his play, but then in the same breath, saying he "derailed" the season. Seems like most of the people on here don't want him to play because he sucks, or hate him because he DOESN'T play at all. Which is it?

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Win every game in the Bubble but don't make the playoffs. Win the draft lottery. Take a high quality player or move the pick for a very important piece.

Now thats the dream.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think Monty would let Ayton play if missing the test was for frivolous reasons.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I don't think Monty would let Ayton play if missing the test was for frivolous reasons.
Someone brought up to me that a player rep could’ve failed to notify him. I’m not sure.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
After his failed drug test this year Ayton doesn't deserve benefit of doubt.
But he didn't fail a test this time. Not you or Chris know anything about this. It might not have even been Ayton's fault, but you are so quick to jump on the Ayton is a pothead bandwagon that you don't think logically.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Someone brought up to me that a player rep could’ve failed to notify him. I’m not sure.

I don't know but Monty holds players accountable so I'm not going to get down on Ayton without further information.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I’m sure Monty will address it post game in some form.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice to see Rubio hit the first shot to open second half.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wish Ayton would hold his arms straight up defending shots.