Big 10 and Pac 12 postpone Fall Sports season

jmt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The Big 10 has cancelled. I would expect the rest to follow suit. Not a good portent for the NFL.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Way, way, way harder for colleges, than the NFL, but I still think it's less than 50/50 we see an NFL season.

OP
OP
jmt

jmt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I agree but it’s still not a good sign. I don’t think they play either but one can hope!

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We need to trade every pick next year. Keim can't scout with recent game film.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
What a mess. Even if CFB goes into spring, it'll have a profound impact on the NFL w/ the draft, combine, etc.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The Big Ten is expected to make another decision on its college football season Tuesday, but the impact of it could vary widely, as league presidents are considering pushing back the start of the season to Sept. 26 or postponing it to the spring, a conference source told ESPN.

The presidents are expected to meet at 10:30 a.m. ET, and although they are still considering becoming the first Power 5 conference to postpone fall sports, the majority of their athletic directors aren't ready to "pull the plug," the source said.
https://www.espn.com/college-footba...sidents-expected-meet-tuesday-decide-football

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
PAC 12 and big 10 postpone all fall sports.
I think it will have big ramifications on these schools financially for years to come. Tuition will likely increase & guess whom will suffer? Yes, students who aren’t athletes.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
if I am running the XFL:

i immediately figure out a way to get 6-8 teams into some sort of controlled environment. I pick up the seniors and other draft eligible players from the Big 10 and Pac 12 and play a 8 game season starting in November.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
if I am running the XFL:

i immediately figure out a way to get 6-8 teams into some sort of controlled environment. I pick up the seniors and other draft eligible players from the Big 10 and Pac 12 and play a 8 game season starting in November.

Florio was talking about his exact scenario last week, once the postponement rumors started flying.

Buckybird

Reaction score
if I am running the XFL:

All guys who think they will be drafted high would never do it & most others whom think they will be would pass as well. The only guys I could see are fringe players or that think their shot at the NFL is small. A small group imo.

And the Rock is the proud new owner of the league

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
:titanic::doi::madarms::moon::nono:

Somewhere , down the road, H S athletes are going to base choice of school on these decisions. Recruiting is a brutal business.

Yeah I agree.

Do you want to go to a conference that values the Safety of their Student Athletes vs the Revenue Generated from College Football?

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
All guys who think they will be drafted high would never do it & most others whom think they will be would pass as well. The only guys I could see are fringe players or that think their shot at the NFL is small. A small group imo.

And the Rock is the proud new owner of the league

maybe the clear top 15 guys, like Justin Fields of OSU or Penei Sewell of Oregon --

but what about guys like Frank Darby, WR ASU?

Ranking in the 30s -- and he will be competing against SEC, Big 12 and ACC WRs for draft positioning -- I would think he would want to put game tape out, all while getting paid.

there are lots of guys like Frank Darby out there.....

Buckybird

Reaction score
I’m just not buying it because then they would be joining an NFL team right after playing XFL ball. The body needs rest from a grueling season.

Do you really believe even the college kids are going to be excited about a potential spring NCAA season (talked about), then playing another season shortly after that? Again, a small portion imo.
maybe the clear top 15 guys, like Justin Fields of OSU or Penei Sewell of Oregon --

but what about guys like Frank Darby, WR ASU?

Ranking in the 30s -- and he will be competing against SEC, Big 12 and ACC WRs for draft positioning -- I would think he would want to put game tape out, all while getting paid.

there are lots of guys like Frank Darby out there.....

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I’m just not buying it because then they would be joining an NFL team right after playing XFL ball. The body needs rest from a grueling season.

Do you really believe even the college kids are going to be excited about a potential spring NCAA season (talked about), then playing another season shortly after that? Again, a small portion imo.
Dude...you act like the players will actually play in the spring season. There is now way a top 90 kid is going to play Spring College ball. There is actually a higher chance that the player would play an indoor winter league like the XFL, make some money, and then train for the draft. For guys who NEED money, a winter XFL deal would look very appealing.

Pat Friermuth could establish himself as a first rounder.

Rashad Bateman and Rondale Moore would have more film to put up against Ja'Marr Chase and DaVonta Smith and Jaylan Waddle.

Journey Brown could get paid, show his skills, and be a end of 1st or 2nd round pick.

Plenty of Pac 12 DBs who want to make sure they are 2nd rounders and not 4th rounders.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA