Suns @ Heat Saturday game thread 8-8-20 (season restart)

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And for those slamming Ayton for sleepwalking through the first half today before contributing in the second half, Cam did just the opposite, having a stellar first half and then disappearing completely in the second half...

Ayton was the number 1 pick in a loaded draft. Cam was the last lotto pick in a weak draft no one expected anything out of... most of all YOU.

let it go dude. You look like you were wrong about Cam. So was I. It’s a GOOD thing to be wrong sometimes.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Ayton was the number 1 pick in a loaded draft. Cam was the last lotto pick in a weak draft no one expected anything out of... most of all YOU.

let it go dude. You look like you were wrong about Cam. So was I. It’s a GOOD thing to be wrong sometimes.
Not to him.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And for those slamming Ayton for sleepwalking through the first half today before contributing in the second half, Cam did just the opposite, having a stellar first half and then disappearing completely in the second half...

Just get over it. Cam is productive improving player. You were wrong about him - just admit it.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Cam has played well in the Bubble, and I hated the pick almost as much as you

I'm just saying it is WAY premature to declare him the answer as a stretch 4.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

I've admitted I was wrong about Cam possibly being a productive role player, but don't you think it is taking it too far to declare him the answer as our starting power forward, and more absurd, to start making comparisons to Booker? And don't you think it hypocritical to slam Ayton for a bad first half today while saying nothing about Cam's bad second half?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I've admitted I was wrong about Cam possibly being a productive role player, but don't you think it is taking it too far to declare him the answer as our starting power forward, and more absurd, to start making comparisons to Booker? And don't you think it hypocritical to slam Ayton for a bad first half today while saying nothing about Cam's bad second half?
Pretty much this whole post is outright incorrect and way off base.

But hey, at least you didn’t mention your boy TJ Warren.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
I've had ignore on him from the beginning. Like I said, you still get many posters responding to him out of nowhere. Still annoying.

True you can only do so much. Some people just need to NOT FEED HIM the attention he so clearly wants and then he'll go away or get banned again (whichever happens first)

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I can't believe you guys continue to have discourse with him.

Whats annoying is to see people STILL debating with him.

He has been so smug even though he has been epically wrong. I thought Cam was just the mind of player the Suns needed: a try hard, role player who can shoot. The Suns needed good solid players and they got one in Cam.

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
I didn't think Cam was a good pick just because I wanted Clark or Washington but hes showing alot of promise at the 4 , i still think his best position is 3 and if he keeps playing like this he may take mikals spot if they do get a PF like okongwu. if mikals offense doesn't start being more consistent that is.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't think Cam was a good pick just because I wanted Clark or Washington but hes showing alot of promise at the 4 , i still think his best position is 3 and if he keeps playing like this he may take mikals spot if they do get a PF like okongwu. if mikals offense doesn't start being more consistent that is.

I had no real opinion on Cam but I also wanted PJ or Clarke. I accepted that Cameron was over-drafted but considering the rumors about teams such as the Warriors wanting him, I wasn't overly concerned about where we got him - just disappointed about who we missed out on.

cwamjn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I've had ignore on him from the beginning. Like I said, you still get many posters responding to him out of nowhere. Still annoying.
It sometimes makes parts of the board seem bizarre. Like yesterday I was like why all of the sudden is tj Warren being discussed. Makes sense now.

cwamjn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Pretty much this whole post is outright incorrect and way off base.

But hey, at least you didn’t mention your boy TJ Warren.
Was anyone even a Warren fan at the end when he played here? He missed games all the time for what seemed like silly reasons. I'm wondering if he was a locker room cancer.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Was anyone even a Warren fan at the end when he played here? He missed games all the time for what seemed like silly reasons. I'm wondering if he was a locker room cancer.
He basically refused to play for us at the end, that's my opinion, but there were rumors. So going onto the off season, the Suns keep a guy who wasn't playing, wether he was really hurt or not, or to try and trade him to make room for other players who would play. Everyone in the league knew the Suns had to move him. So why give the Suns anything? Just wait for them to waive TJ, or for his contract to expire. Basically I understand why Jones had to give up assests for a team to take him off our hands.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He basically refused to play for us at the end, that's my opinion, but there were rumors. So going onto the off season, the Suns keep a guy who wasn't playing, wether he was really hurt or not, or to try and trade him to make room for other players who would play. Everyone in the league knew the Suns had to move him. So why give the Suns anything? Just wait for them to waive TJ, or for his contract to expire. Basically I understand why Jones had to give up assests for a team to take him off our hands.

I think your assessment is pretty accurate. The question in my mind is could have James Jones traded him the summer earlier much like Bledsoe.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I think your assessment is pretty accurate. The question in my mind is could have James Jones traded him the summer earlier much like Bledsoe.
They could gave traded him then, but out lineup was pretty thin as it was. We needed a PG pretty bad then. Not knowing what we could have gotten back for TJ, it is hard to say if there was or was not a reason James Jones did not pull the trigger then.

Last edited:

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I don't think we had any desire to trade him back then, we still had high hopes for him. But with another questionable and sustained absence and the development of Oubre plus Bridges in addition to other more pressing needs led to us selling cheaply on TJ. It was a mistake, to varying degrees we all thought so at the time and it looks worse now with the way Warren is playing. But it's worked out in some ways so while it's a poor trade, it's not a horrible move IMO.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think we had any desire to trade him back then, we still had high hopes for him. But with another questionable and sustained absence and the development of Oubre plus Bridges in addition to other more pressing needs led to us selling cheaply on TJ. It was a mistake, to varying degrees we all thought so at the time and it looks worse now with the way Warren is playing. But it's worked out in some ways so while it's a poor trade, it's not a horrible move IMO.

The thing is, we really don't know how long Warren wanted out.

If he wanted out the previous summer, the Suns misread the situation like they have so many times before with other players.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The thing is, we really don't know how long Warren wanted out.

If he wanted out the previous summer, the Suns misread the situation like they have so many times before with other players.

He started missing time before the All-Star break, which is when he should have been dealt. Of course his health didn't help us find a taker at that time. There were rumors he had played his last game as a Sun though right when he sat. A lot of people thought he was sitting with an "injury" just because he was being dealt and then he'd be fine, like happens quite frequently, but that never came to pass. There was always something fishy going on though. Usually injured players show up on the bench occasionally but TJ never did and he also wasn't made available to the media. The relationship had gone south and wasn't handled well on either side. TJ tanked his trade value and the Suns didn't even bother trying to negotiate a return for him, based on all reports.