Game #15 Arizona Diamondbacks @ San Diego Padres. 08/08/20

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
And again-again, Daulton sits on the bench in lieu of the light hitting Jon Jay.

Vogt, Lamb (still?), Jay and Ahmed occupying the last four positions in the
lineup is like throwing the game.

Too stressful to watch!

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
And again-again, Daulton sits on the bench in lieu of the light hitting Jon Jay.

Vogt, Lamb (still?), Jay and Ahmed occupying the last four positions in the
lineup is like throwing the game.

Too stressful to watch!

I've stopped watching. Our best hope at this point is that things go off the rails enough for Lovullo to be fired, such that we don't have to endure this nonsense anymore.

Azjose86

Veteran
Reaction score
This seriously seems like some sick joke Torey is playing on the fans. How much more does Lamb need to suck for him to get off this team?!! You have 2 young studs that could actually add something to the team and have shown better plate appearances in the few times they've been given an opportunity, yet we keep putting Lamb out there. I'm sure Lamb is a great guy and all, but last time I checked. Major league sports was not a charity. It's a perform to play league.

So much for a short leash Lovullo lied about in the beginning of the season.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why the hell is Jake lamb still in the lineup?

The only explanation I can come up with is they are praying he suddenly snaps out of this and returns to form so they can sucker someone into trading for him? I cannot think of any other logical (even illogical) reason.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Dbacks win 3-2. Lamb?

Predictably, Lamb did nothing, and he is now batting below .050.

Meanwhile, Lovullo had another brain fart in the 8th, this time putting in Rondon in a hold situation, rather than Guerra. Predictably, Rondon gave up a run (as he always does, with his E.R.A. over 12), and we nearly blew the game.