The Athletic ranks NFL offenses for 2020

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
It is in the range of outcomes for sure but the mental makeup between the two is dramatically different
I just find this surreal. A year ago today, Mayfield's "mental makeup" was part of the excitement around the entire team. His passion for the game was considered unparalleled. Now we're pretending that was never the narrative?

He and Kyler deserve to be judged separately, but it's so frustrating to see people dismiss the possibility that the hype has gotten out of hand. I'm personally uncomfortable expecting lighting to strike thrice, with Mahomes, Jackson, and now Murray, when normal NFL QB development is a much messier thing. Many of the top QBs in this league took a long time to grow, or experienced sophomore slumps.

It feels like some posters can't identify a flaw or concern about this team no matter what.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I just find this surreal. A year ago today, Mayfield's "mental makeup" was part of the excitement around the entire team. His passion for the game was considered unparalleled. Now we're pretending that was never the narrative?

He and Kyler deserve to be judged separately, but it's so frustrating to see people dismiss the possibility that the hype has gotten out of hand. I'm personally uncomfortable expecting lighting to strike thrice, with Mahomes, Jackson, and now Murray, when normal NFL QB development is a much messier thing. Many of the top QBs in this league took a long time to grow, or experienced sophomore slumps.

It feels like some posters can't identify a flaw or concern about this team no matter what.

It feels like one poster, who uses 100 words when 10 will do, sees nothing but flaws and concerns no matter what.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
It feels like one poster, who uses 100 words when 10 will do, sees nothing but flaws and concerns no matter what.
I think we're going to be much improved this year. But saying a 5-11 team can't possibly end up being a disappointing 6-10 is kool-aid drinking.

10 words doesn't do for a fleshed out discussion, by the way.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think we're going to be much improved this year. But saying a 5-11 team can't possibly end up being a disappointing 6-10 is kool-aid drinking.

5-10-1*

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Anyone who dares disagree with you is certain to be deemed a Kool-Aid drinker.

Plus ça change.

As a famous French auteur once wrote: "I would have written a shorter letter, if I had more time'.

Given that your views are well known, you can safely move to a précis without the gratuitous put downs.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Anyone who dares disagree with you is certain to be deemed a Kool-Aid drinker.

Plus ça change.

As a famous French auteur once wrote: "I would have written a shorter letter, if I had more time'.

Given that your views are well known, you can safely move to a précis without the gratuitous put downs.
I've been disagreed with before. I don't participate in a ton of threads. I only bring it up when people are insistent we can't be that bad. This looks almost exactly like the Browns hype to me, and we're a historically cursed org.

Lagerfilled

Professional Tailgater
Reaction score
I've been disagreed with before. I don't participate in a ton of threads. I only bring it up when people are insistent we can't be that bad. This looks almost exactly like the Browns hype to me, and we're a historically cursed org.

Sounds like proof positive to me. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Mayfield's rookie year numbers were either similar or better than Kyler's, sans some rushing. And with 3 less games.

It's pure homerism to say Kyler can't regress like Mayfield did.

You should seriously consider using this old hat as your avatar... it would be quite fitting :)
You must be registered for see images attach