Suns chances at play in

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Somebody help me out a bit here: the Suns are 2 games back of san antonio and 1 game back of Pelicans and Portland in the loss column.

I looked and the Suns lost the season series to portland and san antonio but won series against pelicans. Season series is the tie breaker. What i also noticed though is this year seeding is based on winning percentage since some teams will have played a different amount of games. It looks like san antonio has played 2 less games than suns as of right now.

Anything im missing here? Does san antonio really need to lose 3 games of their remaining 6 for Suns to get in?

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
Here's a handy chart I found on reddit: https://i.imgur.com/Y4JYhAL.png

EDIT: I was confused as well about the reporting that we're above them in tie breaker even though we lost to them twice but it seems it'll be based on win percentage. More detail:
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Man, looking at the Pelicans schedule... the league REALLY wants them to make it.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Man, looking at the Pelicans schedule... the league REALLY wants them to make it.

They just took the next 8 games on every teams schedule. They just happened to get an easy part, and we got a hard one.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've loved the first 3 games but I think we're still closer to a bottom tier team than we are to the upper level. Making the playoffs isn't even on my radar although I would have liked our chances if we were all restarting with the same record.

I'm just thrilled they are getting a chance to continue to develop. Fortunately there isn't much that separates us from being a legitimate playoff level team so this experience could help considerably next season. And if a minor miracle happens and we do move into 9th place, we'll get even more experience.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've loved the first 3 games but I think we're still closer to a bottom tier team than we are to the upper level. Making the playoffs isn't even on my radar although I would have liked our chances if we were all restarting with the same record.

I'm just thrilled they are getting a chance to continue to develop. Fortunately there isn't much that separates us from being a legitimate playoff level team so this experience could help considerably next season. And if a minor miracle happens and we do move into 9th place, we'll get even more experience.

I agree with this but I'm living the dream as long as possible.

The Suns are probably playing at a higher level that other teams on the restart sort of like they started the season. This is because Monty has prepared them. Having a backup point guard has helped the Suns a lot but it's best to remember the Suns are playing without two key players. Let's hope it's awhile before other teams become acclimated to Orlando.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I've already come to terms with the playoffs being out of reach. I just want to see the Suns play meaningful basketball games and they have so far. I hope they can continue their winning ways but I think best case scenario is being in the hunt until game 7 or 8 because they're outside looking in. They need to rely on too many outside factors to get in and whenever that happens for us it doesn't usually go well.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What would be funny is if the suns got the 8th spot and had to play the 9th seed

Last edited:

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What would be funny is if the suns got the 8th spot and had to play the 9th seed

I mentioned this in another thread but what would really be "funny" would be if we were to win the 8th/9th play-in and then advanced to win the whole thing. We wouldn't know what to do. Would we be satisfied that we finally won a championship or would it be so tainted as to be almost meaningless? I'd be thrilled about it but mostly from the standpoint of what it might mean for our future. I don't think it would feel like winning an actual title would but who knows.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I mentioned this in another thread but what would really be "funny" would be if we were to win the 8th/9th play-in and then advanced to win the whole thing. We wouldn't know what to do. Would we be satisfied that we finally won a championship or would it be so tainted as to be almost meaningless? I'd be thrilled about it but mostly from the standpoint of what it might mean for our future. I don't think it would feel like winning an actual title would but who knows.

Going further into fantasy world.

If the Suns won a championship in Orlando it would feel just as good as any championship.

Just ask me. :wink2:

Also one could make the case the Suns beat two opponents. The other team and Covid.

Last edited:

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Gong further into fantasy world.

If the Suns won a championship in Orlando it would feel just as good as any championship.

Just ask me. :wink2:

Also one could make the case the Suns beat two opponents. The other team and Covid.

Win there and not at our own arena, even more sadness. I'd be happy but still...

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Win there and not at our own arena, even more sadness. I'd be happy but still...

Maybe look at it this way. You'd be able to attend when the Suns win their second championship. :cool:

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Better won than lost.

Especially when you've gone over fifty years without.

Halfway up the ladder is better than always standing on the
floor looking up, holding the ladder steady for someone else.

OK, no more metaphors.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
1 game out of a play-in spot. Crazy, just crazy.

If you told me how this would have gone before the restart, I would've called you insane

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Anyone know our tiebreaker situation with each team we’re trying to beat out
For the 8/9 seed?

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I bet some of the Suns players will be watching the Portland game tonight.

EJ was talking about how Monty gave the team a lot of credit for going and watching games together after their early starts. Apparently after the Clippers games they went to watch the Rockets/Blazers game together. That's something that Monty wants them to do but he can't force them, especially after they finished playing that day.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So no head-to-head? Because I think against Portland, San Antonio and others, our h2h is not favorable.

I just read on 98.7 it's win percentage due to uneven schedule

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cam Payne says the Suns are watching scores all the time...

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media