Jamal Adams traded to Shehags

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah, this looks like a really bad trade.

I would never give up two first rounders for any safety. Position just is not worth that - then they are going to have to eat up big time cap space on a safety.

Might make them better this year, but a stupid move for the long run.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
and he wants a new contract

on one hand, the Seahawks are all in with Russ

but... their o-line was bad last year, and they arguably got worse there in the offseason. I dont think you need to be great there, but i think a SB team needs to be at least "average", even with Russell Wilson.

the cheapest way to build that is via the draft, but that just got far more difficult

so is it really about counting on Russ to make magic week in and week out?

the Seahawks will be good but not great -- good enough to look like a SB team for stretches, but not good enough to clinch home field, and, will lose on the road in the playoffs (or shorter, the same Seattle team weve seen for the last five years)

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's a flippin safety. Laugh my azz off at the Seahawks.

On March 12, 2018, the Seattle Seahawks re-signed McDougald to a three-year, $13.95 million contract with $6.50 million guaranteed and a signing bonus of $4 million.

Adams wanted mega $$$$$$.

" The Jets aren’t shopping Adams, according to Robinson. They’re also clearly not hanging up on anyone who calls. But the Jets are asking for a first- and third-round pick for Adams, which would be a bigger haul than the compensation for cornerback Jalen Ramsey (who netted a first- and fourth-round pick). Though Adams is arguably better at his position than Ramsey, the trade market for a safety must be less robust than that for a cornerback.

So perhaps, if Adams moves, it’ll be for a first-round pick. Here’s who might be willing to part ways with that kind of capital to add Adams and give him a contract extension."

and everybody laughed at the Jets asking price.

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's a flippin safety. Laugh my azz off at the Seahawks.

On March 12, 2018, the Seattle Seahawks re-signed McDougald to a three-year, $13.95 million contract with $6.50 million guaranteed and a signing bonus of $4 million.

Adams wanted mega $$$$$$.

" The Jets aren’t shopping Adams, according to Robinson. They’re also clearly not hanging up on anyone who calls. But the Jets are asking for a first- and third-round pick for Adams, which would be a bigger haul than the compensation for cornerback Jalen Ramsey (who netted a first- and fourth-round pick). Though Adams is arguably better at his position than Ramsey, the trade market for a safety must be less robust than that for a cornerback.

So perhaps, if Adams moves, it’ll be for a first-round pick. Here’s who might be willing to part ways with that kind of capital to add Adams and give him a contract extension."

and everybody laughed at the Jets asking price.

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Idiotic on their part

They gave up 2 1sts and a second and still have to pay the man.

Begging for cap hell

Cardinals future looking brighter and brighter.

Cardinal Bob

Glutton for Punishment
Reaction score
Reports here in Jets-land is Adams wants to be the highest paid defensive player - not the highest paid safety, but the highest paid defensive player - in the NFL. So if they win the next Super Bowl, maybe it's worth it. If they don't, then this deal is a YOOOGE mistake, cuz they'll be in cap hell for a pretty good while. But it's the Seahags, so screw 'em. I hope it all fails for them.

Cardsfan77

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Wow this one is right up there on Bill O’Brien level. Great way to mortgage your future Sea Hags and on a friggin safety of all positions haha... The future is looking brighter for our ascension to best in the west sooner than later imo :clapping:

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I love Adams but I’m not giving up two 1st rounders and a 3 for a downhill SS who is going to break the bank soon.

aren’t they already in cap trouble wasn’t that the reason they couldn’t sign Clark and now Clowney

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did Paul Allen's sister, Jody Allen, make this deal?

The only saving grace possibilty is if Adam's plays on his current contract, hawks win the SB.
If not they trade him away and try to recoup some of that draft capital. That's a whole bunch of " what if's".

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Idiotic on their part

They gave up 2 1sts and a second and still have to pay the man.

Begging for cap hell

Cardinals future looking brighter and brighter.

The next draft will be more of a crap shoot than ever. It will be interesting to see who has the worse cap situation in two years considering Jones, Budda and Hopkins will be paid by then (and possibly PP).

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
aren’t they already in cap trouble wasn’t that the reason they couldn’t sign Clark and now Clowney

Not really.

Those are valuation moves. It's not that they couldn't pay Clark, but didn't want to offer what he'd want and receive

Clowney has been in that holding pattern with everyone - he wants more than the offers that are out there

Seattle could find themselves in a similar conversation with Adams

Their recent valuations have been all over the place though

Adams is a great player and even better fit. That price is really steep though, more than I'd be willing to pay.

Counterweighted a little that they got Riggs for a reasonable deal, if Dunbar plays they didn't give up much there and they didn't pay much for Clowney either

Which again shows their valuations are a bit all over the place

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
The next draft will be more of a crap shoot than ever.

I wonder if this will impact trade valuations with draft picks.

There may not be much of a college season or development of players

Obviously talent will be there, but will be tough next year

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The next draft will be more of a crap shoot than ever. It will be interesting to see who has the worse cap situation in two years considering Jones, Budda and Hopkins will be paid by then (and possibly PP).

Cardinals should be in decent shape since Murray would still be on a rookie deal.

Next draft will be insane. Idk how you could evaluate college players.

A spring league?

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Also, i love how agressive our division is.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk