2020 Draft

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
I'd be fine with achiuwa and I'd be willing to bet hes available when the sun's pick, today's NBA causes bigs to fall down the board, it's all about the guards and teams are going to reach for those positions

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It looks like foreign and college players have more time to decide about draft.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So we won't draft when they are represented by that firm, right?

I'd be happy just to have the chance to draft a player like Anthony Edwards. Indications are Rich Paul may become CEO of Klutch Sports. I'm not sure how the Suns feel about it anymore.

Ask Eric Bledsoe. :wink2:

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So we won't draft when they are represented by that firm, right?

I'd rather not see the Suns go after a player repped by Klutch but I have no say. Since McD has been fired, I believe the Suns have a clean slate with them. It's basically Lebron's agency since Rich Paul made his career by being his long time friend and repping him. It's no secret that Lebron and James Jones are good friends though so I think any past issues will be swept aside and put on McD, whether they were fully McD's issues or not.

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
One recent mock draft has Phoenix getting lucky getting the 4th pick and drafting Wiseman. Interesting pick considering they have ayton but Wiseman and ayton would be both athletic enough and have shooting potential to possibly make it work

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One recent mock draft has Phoenix getting lucky getting the 4th pick and drafting Wiseman. Interesting pick considering they have ayton but Wiseman and ayton would be both athletic enough and have shooting potential to possibly make it work

A part of me wants Wiseman but I'm not sure if it would be the right move into today's NBA. A point guard or combo guard might be better to pair with Booker down the road. The NBA seems headed towards having a big man, wings and guards. If the Suns don't draft a guard it might be better to look at power forward candidates.

Admittedly a part of me wants to go back in time and have a twin towers approach. Ayton is versatile enough where it might work but I'm not sure I want him shooting a lot of 3s and spreading the court. We sort of had this discussion before about Ayton playing power forward and not many thought it was a good idea.

Raze

Suns fan since '89
Reaction score
A part of me wants Wiseman but I'm not sure if it would be the right move into today's NBA. A point guard or combo guard might be better to pair with Booker down the road. The NBA seems headed towards having a big man, wings and guards. If the Suns don't draft a guard it might be better to look at power forward candidates.

Admittedly a part of me wants to go back in time and have a twin towers approach. Ayton is versatile enough where it might work but I'm not sure I want him shooting a lot of 3s and spreading the court. We sort of had this discussion before about Ayton playing power forward and not many thought it was a good idea.
While this is interesting and all, it pales in comparison to the fact that I was your 10,000th "Like".

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Tankathon has us taking Cole Anthony.

I have no idea why. The guy can't shoot, and he can't pass. In fact he is bad at everything but rebounding. Nobody should even consider him at the 10th pick.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bleacher Report's latest mock has Deni Avdija going to the Suns at #10. I'm not that high on him but given who they have going before him, I guess this would be BPA.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...tions-for-isaac-okoro-top-perimeter-defenders

I would take Vasell,Achiuwa,Bey, Nesmith all before Avdija. I might even take the polish kid Pokuševski.

I want someone that has some potential or at the very least can hit the 3 at a good rate.

I actually feel like the suns should try and trade up for Hayes, Haliburton, or Toppin. I don't think it would be that expensive, although we don't have much to offer.

The more I think about it, trading Oubre to Golden State to get Toppin, or Ball, and getting one or two of their young bench players may not be a terrible idea.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would take Vasell,Achiuwa,Bey, Nesmith all before Avdija. I might even take the polish kid Pokuševski.

I want someone that has some potential or at the very least can hit the 3 at a good rate.

I actually feel like the suns should try and trade up for Hayes, Haliburton, or Toppin. I don't think it would be that expensive, although we don't have much to offer.

The more I think about it, trading Oubre to Golden State to get Toppin, or Ball, and getting one or two of their young bench players may not be a terrible idea.

I missed Achiuwa. He wouldn't be a bad selection but I'm not sure I'd be upset if they past for Avdija. I think Avdija is less of a project than Achiuwa so he would help more next season but might not have the better career.

I would like to see them trade up a few spots also but there really isn't anyone on the roster they can deal that would make it work. If Baynes or Saric were under contract then they might be enough to get them up to 7 or 8, with our own pick, but I can't see anyone like Lecque, Okobo, or Jerome being enough to move them up. Cam might be enough but if they dealt him to move up 2-3 spaces then I'd be calling for James Jones job. I like Cam as a backup scorer/shooter. He may not ever be a starter but I think he's a solid rotation player that can give you 8-12 points a game on positive shooting numbers.

There's no way I would trade Oubre to move up this draft, not even for #1. I think the top of this draft is even worse than the 2017 draft where Fultz, Ball, Tatum, and Jackson were the top 4 players. I can't see a team including players with the #1 or #2 pick in a deal for Oubre and our own pick either, not even Golden State.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There's no way I would trade Oubre to move up this draft, not even for #1. I think the top of this draft is even worse than the 2017 draft where Fultz, Ball, Tatum, and Jackson were the top 4 players. I can't see a team including players with the #1 or #2 pick in a deal for Oubre and our own pick either, not even Golden State.

It was a Golden State writer that suggested they should trade for Oubre with just that kind of package - I did add the additional player but if we give them back one of our backup PG's I think we could get something back. The warriors are in win mode now, they don't want a draft pick, they want a plug and play piece that gets them in to title contention. I think it is a realistic possibility.

Lamelo Ball is better than Lonzo. Is he historically a good #1 pick - No.

I just see the Suns trading Oubre one way or another, I feel like Toppin could be our answer at PF and Ball could be our long term PG.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don’t think Lamelo is better than Lonzo. He is an awful defender and his shooting stats are worse than Lonzo’s against vastly inferior competition.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tankathon has us taking Cole Anthony.

I have no idea why. The guy can't shoot, and he can't pass. In fact he is bad at everything but rebounding. Nobody should even consider him at the 10th pick.

He was never healthy for long last year but yeah I went from him being my favorite player in the class to not thrilled at all, he just doesn't play like a 1 and he's not a good enough shooter for a 2. Classic example of athleticism masking lots of flaws in HS that become obvious as you move up the ladder. He can still be good but he has to totally change how he plays, he thinks shoot first.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave