Kenyan Drake Gets the Transition Tag

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
I dont get all the drake hate. I went back and watched every game of 2019 on NFL game pass. KD played at an extremely high level. $10 million is probably a little more than he is worth, but $5 million is pretty low based on all factors. I think the Cards made the best decision by giving him the transition tag. I hope he gets a multi-year contract next year. He is young enough we can get a solid 3-4 years out of him.

Speaking of watching every game, Kyler took a lot of negative yards playing hero ball. Rookie or not, rewatching a lot of that was pretty concerning to me the 2nd time around. I really hope he knocks that ish off, because it was pretty unacceptable. Granted, the kid is a gamer and is as chill as ice, and made some spectacular plays, but the negative yards of 16-20 something yards was atrocious.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dont get all the drake hate. I went back and watched every game of 2019 on NFL game pass. KD played at an extremely high level. $10 million is probably a little more than he is worth, but $5 million is pretty low based on all factors. I think the Cards made the best decision by giving him the transition tag. I hope he gets a multi-year contract next year. He is young enough we can get a solid 3-4 years out of him.

Speaking of watching every game, Kyler took a lot of negative yards playing hero ball. Rookie or not, rewatching a lot of that was pretty concerning to me the 2nd time around. I really hope he knocks that ish off, because it was pretty unacceptable. Granted, the kid is a gamer and is as chill as ice, and made some spectacular plays, but the negative yards of 16-20 something yards was atrocious.

It isn't hate. He just isn't worth the transition tag. He had exactly one half of one good year and wants to be paid like a top 10 back.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It isn't hate. He just isn't worth the transition tag. He had exactly one half of one good year and wants to be paid like a top 10 back.

In that half season he was very very good, so it's worth the tag, he is 26, fresh tyres, I m all to pay him the tag then paying big salary to the washed up players
In 21 years i follow the cards, he was the best pure runner i watched with the Cardinals jersey

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I hope Kenyan gets paid top 10 RB money whether it’s from us or another non-divisional team. Never against a player trying to get all the money they can get.

Last edited:

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
Next year looks to be loaded for RBs that will be available. I like Drake but I don’t want to lock him in long term at this point with so many good players available at his position next year.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
We have two things really working in our favor. And I think his cost will be dramatically reduced because of it.

1. The 2021 RB Free Agent class is LOADED

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

2. The 2021 RB Rookie Class is LOADED

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
We have two things really working in our favor. And I think his cost will be dramatically reduced because of it.

1. The 2021 RB Free Agent class is LOADED

2. The 2021 RB Rookie Class is LOADED

The biggest thing, is that since he signed his tag, the team can still negotiate with him, throughout the league year. Drake and his agent...and the Cardinals, I'm sure, will all be watching the production of those backs...and will likely agree to a contract, before he becomes a FA. JMO

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Yeah, I have no problem with him as a stopgap but we just luckily got out of a bad RB situation. Hard to figure why we'd do it again, based on 8 games, of which I'll argue only 3 were really any good.

Keep him on the transition tag, and don't sign him long term. As @Dr. Jones mentioned, there's a ton of talent next year. We can likely save money or upgrade.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I have no problem with him as a stopgap but we just luckily got out of a bad RB situation. Hard to figure why we'd do it again, based on 8 games, of which I'll argue only 3 were really any good.

Keep him on the transition tag, and don't sign him long term. As @Dr. Jones mentioned, there's a ton of talent next year. We can likely save money or upgrade.

Exactly. I don't like to be paying Drake 8.5M or 10M or whatever it is.

It is worth it to be rid of DJs contract though.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

More like *5, but sure.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
The salary cap could go down as much as $50 million next season with all of the revenue the league will lose this season from not having fans in the stands. It makes little sense to give anyone an extension at this point unless you absolutely have to.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave