Orlando: Suns restart 2019-20 season

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
I am starting to wonder if Cam Johnson was one of the Suns players that had a positive Covid test. He is usually relatively active on his Instagram account and it has been completely silent the last week or so. He also doesn’t seem to be showing up in any of the pictures that are being released. Monty raved about him in the Phoenix practices but hasn’t mentioned him since they got to Orlando.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I guess my short career as a NBA Covid investigator is over.

Rubio, Bridges. Baynes, Okobo, Lecque and Owens are the only players not confirmed to be in the bubble.

Last edited:

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I guess my short career as a NBA Covid investigator is over.

Rubio, Bridges. Baynes, Okobo, Lecque and Owens are the only players not confirmed to be in the bubble.

Yeah, I am really thinking it is Rubio and Bridges at this point. Those are guys they normally like to talk with the media yet they are still hidden.

Maybe Baynes too - since he was not in the video guarding Ayton.

Last edited:

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

This is what I want to see from him. Being able to take people with the dribble will take him to a completely different level.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I see so much Hakeem in those videos of Ayton on offense. He's so naturally gifted it's ridiculous... and one of the reasons he bugs me so much. if he ever puts it all together, he can be not just the best player on the team, but one of the best in the league, period.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I see so much Hakeem in those videos of Ayton on offense. He's so naturally gifted it's ridiculous... and one of the reasons he bugs me so much. if he ever puts it all together, he can be not just the best player on the team, but one of the best in the league, period.
I am hoping Hakeem. He looks more Patrick Ewing right now. I would take a Ewing for PHX. Hakeem the quadruple double maker, he is a way way way away from that now. I definitely see he could be a Patrick Ewing in just a short time, though.

Gotta remember in the video he was playing against a coach who is cloer to my level than closer to Ayton's level, LOL!

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ty Jerome has been working on his body and speed during the break.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cam Johnson reportedly put on 10-12 pounds of muscle during break.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Monty says Ty Jerome has a thirst for knowledge of the game.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ty Jerome has been working out against De'Andre Hunter (former teammate at Virginia and 4th pick in the 2019 draft) has to be a good thing.

From Duane Rankin at azcentral:

"We just got after it, but having a guy like that to compete against, it elevates your game to another level," Jerome continued. "Seeing a guy like that, a big-time defender and a great offensive player, playing with him every day, it definitely helped my game."

---------------------

"He's been in the gym working on his body," Williams said. "That's something that he knows he has to improve. Speed of the game. Physicality of the game. A lot of guards try to pressure him a lot last year in the backcourt. I know that's something that's been on his mind. Working on his body, his conditioning and his speed so that he can initiate offense and get better, but he's looked good."

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...ing-unique-first-year-nba-restart/5444312002/

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am hoping Hakeem. He looks more Patrick Ewing right now. I would take a Ewing for PHX. Hakeem the quadruple double maker, he is a way way way away from that now. I definitely see he could be a Patrick Ewing in just a short time, though.

Gotta remember in the video he was playing against a coach who is cloer to my level than closer to Ayton's level, LOL!

He was playing against Diallo and Saric in that last video. Not sure what coach you see him playing with. He's got size on both so he should be able to take both of them however he wants but I'll give Diallo some credit for being a decent defender.

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
He was playing against Diallo and Saric in that last video. Not sure what coach you see him playing with. He's got size on both so he should be able to take both of them however he wants but I'll give Diallo some credit for being a decent defender.
Oh man Saric looks like me on defense! LMAO!

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Oh man Saric looks like me on defense! LMAO!
How I wish they would move him along. Somewhere!

Better-than-bad is not something to root for.

Any minutes he plays for the Suns would rob
minutes from someone with potential.

'Nothing against him personally. But there is
something key missing from his NBA game.

This is, after all, the best basketball league
in the world. There is no shame in not being
that calibre.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Mikal Bridges says he is in Orlando.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Reportedly Steve Blake and Larry Greer are no longer on Suns coaching staff.

I haven't heard why.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is the link to the story from Kellan Olson at Arizona Sports:

Phoenix Suns assistant coaches Steve Blake and Larry Greer are no longer on the Suns’ coaching staff, the team confirmed to Arizona Sports Thursday.

There was no information provided on the reason for the two coaches departing and if it was related to the bubble in Orlando.

Both Blake and Greer joined new head coach Monty Williams’ staff for their first seasons in Phoenix.

https://arizonasports.com/story/232...lake-larry-greer-no-longer-on-coaching-staff/

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Here is the link to the story from Kellan Olson at Arizona Sports:

Phoenix Suns assistant coaches Steve Blake and Larry Greer are no longer on the Suns’ coaching staff, the team confirmed to Arizona Sports Thursday.

There was no information provided on the reason for the two coaches departing and if it was related to the bubble in Orlando.

Both Blake and Greer joined new head coach Monty Williams’ staff for their first seasons in Phoenix.

https://arizonasports.com/story/232...lake-larry-greer-no-longer-on-coaching-staff/

Little disappointed Blake is no longer part of the staff. He's someone who I saw mentioned frequently working out with the players. Perhaps the lack of progress with our backup PG is the reason he's been let go. I know I often read how he was working with guys like Carter, Okobo, and Jerome.

Can't recall hearing anything about Greer so I don't think that is much of a loss.

Glad that Mark Bryant is still part of the staff. Hoping he's someone they keep for an extended period because Ayton has spoken highly of the work they've done together and you can see some results on the court also.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave