Be a Good to Yourselves

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I’ve reached a point where I no longer believe we can talk about upcoming sports seasons and avoid this pandemic. I believe it’s a false choice to think otherwise. The idea threads can just disappear when they cross some imaginary line is not appealing to me especially if I’m interested in the ongoing discussion. So I choose to take leave rather than get stressed about it. Assuming I survive this thing I’ll be back. If not it’s been great fun. Try to make sure you don’t get so obsessed with this virus that you forget to live your life. Take care. Keep safe.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I think I read the same post last year
Unfortunately there isn't much to talk about football right now
Yep, it's a definite holding pattern. By now we'd have some OTAs or workouts to discuss, and would be getting geared up for training camp in a matter of weeks. We'd talk about who was going, what days, what they wanted to watch...

Now we're hoping for a watered down product just to be televised.

Hope everything works out Harry, and we see you soon.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I don't disagree with Harry, but I find it easier to get through the day by pretending that there will be a PS. And if there is, this is what I'll be looking for:
1. Where we'll be playing Isaiah Simmons (what position)?
2. The improvement in KM's game, especially not taking sacks, when he had time to get rid of the ball.
3. Have we learned how to defend the TE's?
4. Are PP, Alford and Murphy an above average CB group?
5. Do we have a 'second' pass rusher?
6. Who will be our two biggest surprises from TC (one good, one bad)?

Hope to read what others think.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve reached a point where I no longer believe we can talk about upcoming sports seasons and avoid this pandemic. I believe it’s a false choice to think otherwise. The idea threads can just disappear when they cross some imaginary line is not appealing to me especially if I’m interested in the ongoing discussion. So I choose to take leave rather than get stressed about it. Assuming I survive this thing I’ll be back. If not it’s been great fun. Try to make sure you don’t get so obsessed with this virus that you forget to live your life. Take care. Keep safe.
Harry, threads don't disappear, once they get too political, they are moved here:

https://www.arizonasportsfans.com/forum/forums/politics-and-religion.22/

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We all have our own unique ways of dealing with stress and unpleasantness.

Stay well, Harry. And if you have a change of heart, we look forward to staying in touch.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I don't get the big deal to navigate to another area of the message board.

Can someone help me here?
I would guess the frustration stems more from threads derailing from pure football discussion as it pertains to the issue.

Ultimately we crash into something someone takes personal each time, and we don't keep to the topic. I'm guilty of this.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I see no way we can have a season. Sure, it will be initially decided by money to attempt doing so but it will also be prevented by money due to the law suits for someone, anyone getting infected, when attempting this

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I see no way we can have a season. Sure, it will be initially decided by money to attempt doing so but it will also be prevented by money due to the law suits for someone, anyone getting infected, when attempting this

I don't know why u guys are so negative about
I'm from Europe, we have been hit by the virus 30/40 days earlier, then since June all the soccer games( with a new schedule) are played
Yes, no crowd, and it can look weird for u, but games are played
The few Players who has been infected previously are healthy now and they are playing, and some of them are playing well

tnmike

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If the season starts it won't go very far before it all falls apart

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm from Europe, we have been hit by the virus 30/40 days earlier, then since June all the soccer games( with a new schedule) are played
The few Players who has been infected previously are healthy now and they are playing, and some of them are playing well

The U.S. hasn't responded as well to the virus as most countries. I guess that's why fans here worry more about it.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Soccer in the states is starting to ramp up. I am cautiously optimistic about an NFL season.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The U.S. hasn't responded as well to the virus as most countries. I guess that's why fans here worry more about it.
We're continuing to navigate across uncharted waters.

We're told one day that such & such is scientifically true; and a day or so later that - oops! - the opposite is true.

Not to point fingers at anyone - we learn something new each day. But it does mean that, as we learn more, we're going to be wrong more than we'd like and we'd better be nimble of foot as we design programs and policies with COVID-19 in mind.

What's apparently caught us by surprise is the relationship between a bio-medical phenominon and our day-to-day lifestyle. The virus is the Honey Badger of life as we know it - It just don't care. Think of the many ways this tiny microbe impacts the way we work, play, eat out, congregate, relate to each other etc.

Expect 50% + of us to be wrong about how the upcoming season will or will not unfold. It is what it is, but it is the weirdest "it" that we've ever run across as humans. Best we can do is deal with whatever life throw at us and hope the odds favor us.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We're continuing to navigate across uncharted waters.

We're told one day that such & such is scientifically true; and a day or so later that - oops! - the opposite is true.

Not to point fingers at anyone - we learn something new each day. But it does mean that, as we learn more, we're going to be wrong more than we'd like and we'd better be nimble of foot as we design programs and policies with COVID-19 in mind.

What's apparently caught us by surprise is the relationship between a bio-medical phenominon and our day-to-day lifestyle. The virus is the Honey Badger of life as we know it - It just don't care. Think of the many ways this tiny microbe impacts the way we work, play, eat out, congregate, relate to each other etc.

Expect 50% + of us to be wrong about how the upcoming season will or will not unfold. It is what it is, but it is the weirdest "it" that we've ever run across as humans. Best we can do is deal with whatever life throw at us and hope the odds favor us.

We know enough scientifically about the virus to mitigate it's spread such as wearing a face mask, social distancing, sanitation and stay-at-home when infected.

The problem as I see it, there was never a national plan to handle the virus.

If there was a plan (and it was implemented early), we would probably be optimistically looking forward to the NFL season with some restrictions.

Instead we are still in the first wave of the virus and wondering if the season is going to happen.

Last edited:

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Because in America, this virus has also infected our ongoing culture war. A significant chunk of the country simply doesn't care about not spreading it, or outright believes it either doesn't exist or is no big deal. Cases are spiraling out of control to where states are seeing rollbacks to more restrictions, which doesn't bode well for sports. Even if/when games are played, players are still opting out for their safety or to be with their families, which hurts the competitiveness of these games.

Take Major League Soccer, for example. I'm not even following it but I know Vancouver is missing three of its top players who weren't comfortable going to Florida, and Dallas dropped out of the tournament before it was even played when 5 of their players got sick. Vancouver advances to the next round but is still without their top 3. That's kinda blah to even care about.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score

I told you why :)

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I told you why :)

And I told u why u have like 2 months to makes those changes and take the process seriously
As they playing here they can play games there too
Players are tested before every games
If someone is positive they put him in quarantine, the other players of the team get tested every day and isn't put in quarantine the whole team, they are monitored every day
The other day one member of the Parma team tested positive, they put him in quarantine, the rest of the team was checked and risulted negative, so they are going through a ''soft'' quarantine for 14days, but they are playing

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA