Fringe (FOX)

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FYI: All seasons are available for free (with ads) on IMDb TV.

I'll need to check out how to watch this on the Xbox. It looks like it may work through the Amazon Prime app. That would be sweet. I would rather not use the Edge browser. (it sucks)

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll need to check out how to watch this on the Xbox. It looks like it may work through the Amazon Prime app. That would be sweet. I would rather not use the Edge browser. (it sucks)

I believe it does work through Prime. I saw on my device that the IMDb TV was free (by way of Prime) last time I was watching.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BIM’s bump inspired a re-watch. Currently watching Season 1, episode 5.

Friggin love this show. It’s been a few years since I have watched it, surprisingly. I’m catching things I didn’t catch before, which has been fun.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BIM’s bump inspired a re-watch. Currently watching Season 1, episode 5.

Friggin love this show. It’s been a few years since I have watched it, surprisingly. I’m catching things I didn’t catch before, which has been fun.

Just watched the same episode and spotted Hoon Lee (Job from Banshee) as a coworker of the main guy they are seeking. Too cool.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fingers crossed. I'll try and check this week and report back in case anyone is curious.
For anyone still curious since puckhead left all of ASFN hanging (;)), yes this can be watched via Prime as well as the IMDb app.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's a great bit of dialogue in S01E17 Bad Dreams between Olivia, Walter, and Peter.

https://fringe.fandom.com/wiki/Bad_Dreams/transcript

Walter's Hotel Room

WALTER: Where’s the fire? I always loved that expression, which is curious, since my lab assistant was killed in a fire.

OLIVIA: What can you tell me about Cortexiphan?

WALTER: Oh, that takes me back. I remember 'Belly' whipping up a peyote mash--

OLIVIA: Walter!

WALTER: Cortexiphan was a highly experimental drug. William theorized that it might enhance certain abilities in predisposed children.

PETER: Let me guess-- you experimented on people.

WALTER: Oh, no, no. not me. William. We had quite a disagreement about it.

OLIVIA: What abilities?

WALTER: It worked on perception. Carlos Castaneda, Aldus Huxley, Werner Heisenberg, all focused on one single elementary truth. Perception is the key to transformation.

PETER: Reality is both subjective and malleable. If you can dream a better world, you can make a better world.

WALTER: Or perhaps travel between them.

PETER: What did you just say?

OLIVIA: So if Nick Lane was treated with Cortexiphan, he could change reality with his thoughts. He could make somebody do something just by thinking it.

WALTER: Not his thoughts. It’s how you feel that determines your view of the world.

OLIVIA: You’re saying that Cortexiphan worked on feelings.

WALTER: That’s reductive, but essentially, yes.

OLIVIA: What if Nick Lane... wasn't affecting people with his thoughts? What if he was affecting them with his emotions? The psychiatrist said that he was suicidal, right? They said that his moods were contagious. What if he was on the platform because he was considering killing himself?

WALTER: Oh, my.

OLIVIA: Look, at the restaurant, all happy couples. it triggers his own fear of abandonment. And that woman caught his mood.

PETER: For the sake of argument, let's say that Nick’s emotions are contagious, like a virus. Maybe he's even doing this unwittingly, but it still doesn't explain how you're seeing him in your dreams.

WALTER: If William had followed the usual procedures... you see, often when we experimented on children--

PETER: Okay, can we just stop right there and analyze that sentence for a second?

WALTER: ...we would put them in pairs. Like the buddy system in summer camp.

PETER: Listen to him! He’s comparing human experimentation to summer camp!

WALTER: This pairing kept them from becoming frightened or feeling isolated. Sometimes an intense bond could form... a bond... which could be greatly amplified by a drug like Cortexiphan.

PETER: Stop it, both of you. You’re creeping me out. Olivia was never treated with Cortexiphan.

WALTER: Is that true, Agent Dunham?

OLIVIA: I might have been.

PETER: What?

WALTER: Well, that's good news.

OLIVIA: How is that good news, Walter?

WALTER: This Nick Lane of yours -- it means I may know how to find him.

------------------------------------

That bolded section includes kind of a throwaway line by Walter (about traveling between worlds) which caught Peter's ear. He asks about it but is not answered. Given the larger framework of the show as it goes along it is a huge key to everything and I love how it was just sprinkled into this conversation. Definitely wouldn't have caught it or its importance without this rewatch.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That bolded section includes kind of a throwaway line by Walter (about traveling between worlds) which caught Peter's ear. He asks about it but is not answered. Given the larger framework of the show as it goes along it is a huge key to everything and I love how it was just sprinkled into this conversation. Definitely wouldn't have caught it or its importance without this rewatch.

I am really digging my current re-watch for this reason. I am catching things I never noticed before, or maybe didn’t put it together. I am really enjoying this particular re-watch.

I’m currently in season 3. Just finished “Marionette” which is one of my faves of that season (among several others). The middle of season 2 through the middle of season 3 is the best of the show, imo.

I cannot get enough of the “over there” episodes, I LOVE to hate Fauxlivia with a fiery passion. The scene where Fauxlivia fights our Olivia in her apartment.... gahhhh I love this show!

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I am really digging my current re-watch for this reason. I am catching things I never noticed before, or maybe didn’t put it together. I am really enjoying this particular re-watch.

I’m currently in season 3. Just finished “Marionette” which is one of my faves of that season (among several others). The middle of season 2 through the middle of season 3 is the best of the show, imo.

I cannot get enough of the “over there” episodes, I LOVE to hate Fauxlivia with a fiery passion. The scene where Fauxlivia fights our Olivia in her apartment.... gahhhh I love this show!
I'm currently rewatching this as well. I remember thinking before that season 1 was more procedural, but there was a lot more mythology in season 1 than I remembered. I'm currently on episode 4 or 5 of the second season and moving along pretty good.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kinda cool to go back and see Meghan Markle, Duchess of Sussex, as Junior FBI Agent Amy Jessup in a couple of episodes.

Love being in this "world" again and watching things unfold. About 8 episodes into S02 right now.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Kinda cool to go back and see Meghan Markle, Duchess of Sussex, as Junior FBI Agent Amy Jessup in a couple of episodes.

Love being in this "world" again and watching things unfold. About 8 episodes into S02 right now.
Yeah we're about even at this point. I looked up the circumstances surrounding Meghan Markle. She seemed someone who was being groomed to become an additional cast member, almost certainly to replace
Charlie
, but the creators just wanted to keep the story confined to the 3 leads. I always thought from start to finish that Astrid was the only poorly handled character. She was basically representing us (the audience) and it would have been interesting for her to be more of a lead. That opinion hasn't changed.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We're in season 2 also plus we're watching Lie To Me, Chicago Fire, Warehouse 13, Dexter, White Collar, Unforgettable, Grimm, Chuck, Big Bang Theory and Leverage so we only see 3 or 4 Fringe episodes per week.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How many of you googled season 2 episode 11? If you’ve seen it you’ll know exactly why I ask.

I don't ever remember episode numbers but since we're on episode 16 I have a pretty good idea which one you're talking about. I assume that's the out of sequence episode that clearly was filmed in season 1? At first we thought it was perhaps an alternate universe episode but that was easily ruled out as the episode went on so I looked it up for an explanation. Not their best effort, I think I would have left it out rather than insert it somewhere it didn't belong.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I don't ever remember episode numbers but since we're on episode 16 I have a pretty good idea which one you're talking about. I assume that's the out of sequence episode that clearly was filmed in season 1? At first we thought it was perhaps an alternate universe episode but that was easily ruled out as the episode went on so I looked it up for an explanation. Not their best effort, I think I would have left it out rather than insert it somewhere it didn't belong.
Yeah that’s it. I had forgotten about it so it was really strange how out of sequence it was. It wasn’t even that good of an episode either.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah that’s it. I had forgotten about it so it was really strange how out of sequence it was. It wasn’t even that good of an episode either.

I didn't remember seeing it at all the first time through and it's the only episode so far that was completely unfamiliar to me on our re-watch. I'm not sure if that's because we didn't actually see it the first time or if it was just so unremarkable.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How many of you googled season 2 episode 11? If you’ve seen it you’ll know exactly why I ask.
Yeah that episode is bad. Not sure why they added a throw away season 1 ep into season 2. Especially with what went down early in season 2. It’s probably my least fave episode of the series. It reminds me a lot of an early season X-Files episode.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Yeah that episode is bad. Not sure why they added a throw away season 1 ep into season 2. Especially with what went down early in season 2. It’s probably my least fave episode of the series. It reminds me a lot of an early season X-Files episode.
Hey, there were some real good X-Files early season episodes!!

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chadwick Bozeman was “Subject 9” from season 4. Before he got super famous from playing Jackie Robinson.