David Njoku asks for a trade

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thoughts?

I might give up to a third rounder for him. Based it on performance. He showed signs his first two years before and injury last year and is under control for two more years at $2 & $6 for those years.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No. Great athlete but not a great footballer. He bolted from the U of Miami too early. Never learned to play the game.

"the Browns signed Austin Hooper to a massive free agent deal and drafted Harrison Bryant in the fourth round."

and DN fired his agent 2 days ago and hired Drew Rosenhaus. Looking for a new contract without any leverage.

Not for me.

P S Cards have Dylan Cantrell for that spot.

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Id trade him for a conditional late rounter 5+

He is athletic but cannot block and catch consistently.

If he got it together in a more comfortable offense like Kliffs, maybe he could be something

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Y'all are crazy. Guy had a really nice start to his career with 300+ and 600+ yards his first and second seasons. That's fantastic for a tight end. He got hurt last year, it happens. He's turning 24 which will be the start of his prime.

No he's not worth a 3rd but he is a big upgrade over anything on our roster. Our offense would be insane with that many weapons.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would be interested depending on his contract demands, and the acquisition price.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Yes. Anything 5th round or later is worth it. Murray needs to develop and will be best with talent around him. It is the Kenyan Drake argument in some ways. Get talent as cheaply as possible, maximize it, and then let it go if it is too expensive to keep.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Like it’s said he had a good first two years.

Is it him or Cleveland? Cause the wheels kind of came off last year. Even OBJ was telling guys on other teams to trade for him. Baker took a huge step backwards and the coach was fired.

I’d give up a 3rd easy for him. The draft is a total crap shoot

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so he listed 8 teams, plus 3 more sleepers. Add in Cleveland who he plays for now and that's about 40% of the league?

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
5 rounder max. Bump it up to a 4th if he reaches certain milestones

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Can’t believe guys are requesting trades when this will be the equivalent of the MBL 60 game sideshow. Just play the game

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I would still make this move. 7th round pick that can move up to a 5th based upon production. We could trade an unproven WR for him. Lots of options but he is a scary athlete and would open up the offense even further. Also, his option has been picked up so you can hold onto him for another year if you want. building a roster is about adding assets below their actual value so can either are getting a better production to dollar ratio or something to acquire more assets in the future.

It is worth a 7th rounder just to have this group on 3rd down.

QB - Kyler Murray
RB - Kenyan Drake
WR - DeAndre Hopkins
WR - Christian Kirk
WR - Larry Fitzgerald
TE - David Njoku

Significant matchup problems in the group. If Edmonds or Isabella or Butler or Dan Arnold were more proven, I could understand the argument against. But they aren't, and shouldn't be counted on until they show they can be.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I may as well for that price but the Browns have no significant reason to move him yet. He's going to be worth more if they turn it around this year and he's still on his rookie deal.

Plus.....

If he can't block we may not want him.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-signature-stat-spotlight-tight-ends
Run-Blocking/Pass-Blocking Grades
Arizona Cardinals veteran tight end Maxx Williams led all qualifiers at his position in PFF run-blocking grade (84.7) in 2019. He was also the only NFL tight end with 300-plus offensive snaps played that earned a PFF run-blocking grade above 80.0.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA