Streaming service sharing

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Big news dropped today. YouTube tv to carry fsaz.

the deal with Sinclair, YouTube TV will carry the following Fox-branded RSNs: Fox Sports Arizona, Fox Sports Carolinas, Fox Sports Detroit, Fox Sports Florida, Fox Sports Indiana, Fox Sports Kansas City, Fox Sports Midwest, Fox Sports New Orleans, Fox Sports North, Fox Sports Ohio, Fox Sportstime Ohio, Fox Sports Oklahoma, Fox Sports Prime Ticket (L.A.), Fox Sports San Diego, Fox Sports South, Fox Sports Southeast, Fox Sports Southwest, Fox Sports

https://variety.com/2020/digital/news/youtube-tv-sinclair-19-fox-rsns-drops-networks-1203524811/

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So an update on youtube TV. I tried out the trial. The menus are pretty bad and the guide is zoomed in to where you can only see 5 channels or so at a time, those are my only complaints. zooming out would help a lot.

It is not feature rich as there are really only 3 buttons you can do.

But:
Find a show you like, hit a plus sign and it automatically DVRs everything about that show for you.
There is a section, I think called "suggested" it is basically "what is trending" on TV. So you can go to this and find what most people are watching to find major ticket stuff like live sports and etc vs going through the entire menu
No lag

not much else to say. I dont watch a lot of TV so thats about as far as I got during the 5 days but it really is a cool service if you want cable and now FSAZ is coming to it so you will have suns games too. I watched the walking dead with commercials for the first time in my life and that sucked. I would have to get AMC premier to avoid commercials and then I could watch it early to avoid spoilers for an extra $5 a month.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I decided I'm not going to do the YouTube TV trial at this time. I have so much stuff to do packing wise in the next two weeks, I'm sure my TV watching will be slim to none.

Make your wife do it :)

Luciano

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
YouTube TV is raising its monthly cost for all users to $64.99, adding poopy channels, new ViacomCBS channels. Who cares about VH1, MTV etc? You couldn’t pay me to watch that garbage.
That is a big increase in price for not very much.

Looks like I'm out of YTTV, probably do the Disney+ hulu bundle.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
YouTube TV is raising its monthly cost for all users to $64.99, adding ****** channels, new ViacomCBS channels. Who cares about VH1, MTV etc? You couldn’t pay me to watch that garbage.

Yeah I am not excited to pay an extra $15 for comedy central as the other channels are all garbage. However, split three ways, its not a bad cost for now.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
That's hilarious, considering they made the decision to remove their highest rated show (Cobra Kai) from the service.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
YouTube TV is raising its monthly cost for all users to $64.99, adding ****** channels, new ViacomCBS channels. Who cares about VH1, MTV etc? You couldn’t pay me to watch that garbage.

Soon their prices will compete with Dish or DirecTV.

I guess if I keep DirecTV the prices will eventually be about the same.

cwamjn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
That's hilarious, considering they made the decision to remove their highest rated show (Cobra Kai) from the service.
That's the only thing I ever watch on YouTube besides an occasional how too video. It looks like that show is moving to Netflix, good.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why is anyone paying for a live TV service with a cost bloated by live sports contracts when there are currently no live sports to watch? Pause or cancel your contract. You can always pick back up when and if sports returns.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why is anyone paying for a live TV service with a cost bloated by live sports contracts when there are currently no live sports to watch? Pause or cancel your contract. You can always pick back up when and if sports returns.
but then how will I watch impractical jokers marathons?

Luciano

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
For me is Mira Royal Detective and TOTS on Disney channel.
They are not on Disney+
Help keep the screaming low and the wife won’t go insane .

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it is disappointing that youtube tv does not let you delete channels and instead only lets you make a custom guide as when new channels get added, they are not in your custom guide. At this point, I roll the default guide but it is probably 50% channels I would never look at and a complicated pile of channels to scroll through.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
I believe YouTube TV would be location based off your IP. If you shared with an AZ resident you'd still get CO locals and regionals.

True ... my nephew in Seattle shares with us and we get all the Seattle local channels and time zone.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
it is disappointing that youtube tv does not let you delete channels and instead only lets you make a custom guide as when new channels get added, they are not in your custom guide. At this point, I roll the default guide but it is probably 50% channels I would never look at and a complicated pile of channels to scroll through.
I don’t even bother using the guide. I just search and record.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I am looking for someone who has access to local PHX channels for Suns games. Not even sure it would work from Central PA, but we can discuss it.

Have HBO max or ESPN+ for trade.

DM me and we can talk through it.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am looking for someone who has access to local PHX channels for Suns games. Not even sure it would work from Central PA, but we can discuss it.

Suns games are on FSAZ and to my knowledge, youtube tv still does not have FSAZ. Not sure if another streaming service does.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score

Suns games are on FSAZ and to my knowledge, youtube tv still does not have FSAZ. Not sure if another streaming service does.

Fox Sports has a streaming app for the AppleTV and iPhone (I'd assume other devices too). It requires a cable login to use though. So if you can get a friend or parent's Cox login you can use it. I think a DirectTV one will work too if the account has access to FSAZ.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave