OT: Cam Newton signs 1 year deal

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You know a certain demographic of people never & will never like Cam because of having personality. They need the players to be mute & boring.

Oh trust me I know. Maybe he’s just not “classy” enough for a certain group.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Oh trust me I know. Maybe he’s just not “classy” enough for a certain group.
Not classy and probably a really spoiled dude
I do remember him offering money to a passenger to get his favourite 1st class seat, with that kind of mentality ''everyone has a price''

Last edited:

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
Could be a great move for New England. I'll bet Bill squeezes all that talent out of Cam. Dude dealt with a pretty crap injury last year, hopefully he's healed up.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
You know a certain demographic of people never & will never like Cam because of having personality. They need the players to be mute & boring.
And people have their right to not like him because of his crybaby selfish antics with the media after he played poorly. He does it repeatedly. The finger should be pointed at himself & nobody else imo.

Last edited:

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score

Richard Sherman
⁦‪@RSherman_25‬⁩

You must be registered for see images

How many former League MVPs have had to sign for the min? (Asking for a friend.) just ridiculous. A transcendent talent and less talented QBs are getting 15/16m a year. Disgusting
Oh btw Richard, you forgot to include he keeps getting hurt, has struggled to throw the ball & has played average at best. Just sayin

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Not sure I like this fit for Cam. He would’ve been great for the Chargers if he’s recovered from the Lisfranc.

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Maybe, but I wouldnt consider myself that demographic. I love the audacity of sports. The ego of it all. A guy like Charles Barkley is, without too much reflection, an example of an athlete wth bombast, prone to some eyebrow raising quotes, but who for the most part, was well informed, intelligent, and worthy of the attention he received for his over the top personality.

Cam Nweton to me has always come across as a me first player. His fashion sense (not that I care, he can wear whatever the heck he wants as far as Im concerned) always seems to be for attention, not because he actually thinks he looks good like that. (though I know that sounds crappy, it just always feels forced to me, more for the cameras, than for how it makes him feel).

He feels inauthentic in his bombast, and while I will concede his insame athletic ability, ad that there are myriad reasons outside his control that would keep him from reaching his ultimate potential, he is more known for whining about perceived slights against him, than he is for finding glory of the field of battle...

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He is a narcissist, no doubt, but if he's healthy (I know, big if), he's a top 10-12 QB in the league. Good enough to get the Patriots back in the SB, again, if healthy.

He's a huge bargain at the price.

I don't enjoy some of the personality quirks as has been mentioned in the thread but that wouldn't keep me from liking my favorite team if they signed him.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If he’s healthy the pats will be good. I was really excited for them to be bad.

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave