Kyler Murray, does he make NFLTOP100 list?

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I'm a huge Murray guy, as everyone on this board knows. I'd rather he not make that list & carry a huge chip on his shoulder until he explodes on the scene. I thought he had a great rookie season, but I don't want his head to swell until he's throwing 40 touchdowns every season.

That's irrelevant and let me tell you why, if he's a franchise OB that will not affect him at all :)

Cardsfan77

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
DK Metcalf ahead of him are you kidding me? Had to be the playoff performance I suppose :shrug:

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
My top 5

Mahomes
Russell Wilson
Lamar Jackson
Michael Thomas over 5500 yards in just 4 season, had the best one last year 1725yards
Christian McCaffrey crazy numbers in 2019 (1387 rushing yards 1005 receiving yards 19tds)
No Aaron Donald?

Mahomes and Donald will be 1 &2.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Kyler below DK (81ish) & Josh Jacobs (72ish) seems nuts to me.

Mahomes
Donald
Michael Thomas
Lamar
Russ

That seems like a locked in top 5 to me, but who knows. CMC could slip in there I guess.

Cardsfan77

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Kyler below DK (81ish) & Josh Jacobs (72ish) seems nuts to me.

Mahomes
Donald
Michael Thomas
Lamar
Russ

That seems like a locked in top 5 to me, but who knows. CMC could slip in there I guess.
Agreed seems disrespectful. Hopefully he takes it as a slap in the face that the players felt he didn’t deserve OROY and carries a chip about it. Josh Jacobs that high is laughable, bell cow rookie RBs seem to do well by default a lot of the time.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
the top 100 list is about 90% marketing vehicle for the NFL

i dont think its a "true" ranking

i think the NFL puts their thumb on the scale to make sure players from teams that will be featured in the upcoming season get highlighted

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I doubt he makes it, nor should he. He was a middling rookie QB on a 5 win team. If it's based om a potential breakout year, then yes, but nothing about last year screams top 100.

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
He already made it last night
Like I said, they must be voting on potential and not last years performance.

I’m not saying he had a bad year, but he wasn’t a top half QB in the league. He was a rookie, played pretty decent and showed promise.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Like I said, they must be voting on potential and not last years performance.

I’m not saying he had a bad year, but he wasn’t a top half QB in the league. He was a rookie, played pretty decent and showed promise.
I think your dead wrong @Cbus cardsfan

Setting a rookie turnover mark for a part of the season followed by the best rookie QB season since Cam Newton means something to me. What was it? 3500 passing and 500 rushing? Only 6 QB's have ever done that. And he's the 2nd rookie to accomplish it. Finally, his second half got much better than the first which tells you how fast he is learning.

That's quite a foundation IMO. And well worth a top 12 to 17 level QB ranking.

In short..... I would much rather have him over Josh Allen, Sam Darnold, Goff, Minshew, Baker and the other young QB's. Only Lamar (way above for now) and Wentz (probably just above) compare IMO.

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score

Setting a rookie turnover mark for a part of the season followed by the best rookie QB season since Cam Newton means something to me. What was it? 3500 passing and 500 rushing? Only 6 QB's have ever done that. And he's the 2nd rookie to accomplish it. Finally, his second half got much better than the first which tells you how fast he is learning.

In short..... I would much rather have him over Josh Allen, Sam Darnold, Goff, Minshew, Baker and the other young QB's. Only Lamar (way above for now) and Wentz (probably just above) compare IMO.
I agree he showed promise. But, no way was he a top 100 player in the league last year. That’s all I’m saying.

i don’t know the voting criteria. If he takes the Forward steps expected This year, then I agree.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

This is spin. Andrew Luck passed for 4300+ yards and 23 TDs while rushing for another 250 yards and 5 TDs while leading the Colts to the playoffs.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
This is spin. Andrew Luck passed for 4300+ yards and 23 TDs while rushing for another 250 yards and 5 TDs while leading the Colts to the playoffs.
Call it spin.....Call it a catfish..... I don't care what you call it....... The kid is a top 100 payer in the league.

Two things are super funny in your comparison. One..... They were a playoff team before Peyton got hurt, then tanked the season he was out, and then miraculously were a playoff team again. Who would have thunk it. And two....I find it funny that you didn't mention Luck's 18 interceptions in your recap. Cumulative wins is a reflection of how good your TEAM is. Not the player. Ask Big Ben in his rookie year.

It was on par with Russ & Dak, and Better than Deshaun (by pace since he got hurt), & Wentz.

There is a lot to be excited about. He's not a finished product..... Just a lot to be excited about.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
It was on par with Russ & Dak, and Better than Deshaun (by pace since he got hurt), & Wentz.

So he played as well as two mid-round picks and a guy who was EXTREMELY questionable after his rookie season and hasn’t won anything?

Be careful what you wish for. Weird how quickly dem goalposts move.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I'm not here to trash on Kyler really, but wow, I feel like he's overrated on this board. I'm happy he made the top 100.

He has lots to go.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score

Call it spin.....Call it a catfish..... I don't care what you call it....... The kid is a top 100 payer in the league.

Two things are super funny in your comparison. One..... They were a playoff team before Peyton got hurt, then tanked the season he was out, and then miraculously were a playoff team again. Who would have thunk it. And two....I find it funny that you didn't mention Luck's 18 interceptions in your recap. Cumulative wins is a reflection of how good your TEAM is. Not the player. Ask Big Ben in his rookie year.

There is a lot to be excited about. He's not a finished product..... Just a lot to be excited about.

So he played as well as two mid-round picks and a guy who was EXTREMELY questionable after his rookie season and hasn’t won anything?

Be careful what you wish for. Weird how quickly dem goalposts move.

Ahhhh.... yes...... When I said "best rookie QB season since Cam", you thought I meant best rookie QB season by a #1 pick since Cam.

Consider the goalposts..... "Moved".

You must be registered for see images attach

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

I can agree that he is a top 100 player.

I will disagree that his rookie season was as good as Luck's.

The Colts were a playoff team with a Hall Of Fame QB. They lost that Hall of Fame QB and were terrible. Luck's talent was what enabled them to go back to the playoffs, not the roster. You have that part flat wrong.