Fire Robert Sarver

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

If there is any truth to this, Ayton should file a grievance with the Players Association. That would get Adam Silver's attention and likely net us some much needed intervention by the NBA.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
while I believe that story could be true, without corroboration or hard evidence, it's pretty meaningless in the grand scheme of things.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
while I believe that story could be true, without corroboration or hard evidence, it's pretty meaningless in the grand scheme of things.
It may or may not be fact, but does the possibility (based on how we've seen Sarver make a fool of himself) make it meaningless?

The assessment of an employee is now on the record, which makes it an issue. There is no basis to blow it off, just as there is no
basis to jump to conclusions. I guess time will tell.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
It may or may not be fact, but does the possibility (based on how we've seen Sarver make a fool of himself) make it meaningless?

The assessment of an employee is now on the record, which makes it an issue. There is no basis to blow it off, just as there is no
In this case, yes. You can make a big deal about it all you want BC, but it's not going to change anything. Such a story isn't going to get much play, let alone force Sarver out. Come on now.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
In this case, yes. You can make a big deal about it all you want BC, but it's not going to change anything. Such a story isn't going to get much play, let alone force Sarver out. Come on now.

It's all in Ayton's hands. If there is any truth to the account, Ayton will either pursue action, or he won't.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

it makes it meaningless as far as the league doing anything about it. if Ayton or someone else corroborated the story, there would be something for the league to possibly do. but until then, it's just an old employee talking on twitter.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the story is embellished considerably (basically ripped Ayton from his car???) but it's no big deal AFAIC. Are we supposed to be shocked that Ayton and the team performed so weakly that Sarver erupted and yelled at them?

I'm thrilled every single day that Robert doesn't have an outburst like that court-side while cameras are rolling. Look how angry fans get about this team, I'd be more pissed if Sarver just laughed off each lackluster performance. If he crossed a line, that will have to come from people that were actually present, not a security guard outside the room.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the story is embellished considerably (basically ripped Ayton from his car???) but it's no big deal AFAIC. Are we supposed to be shocked that Ayton and the team performed so weakly that Sarver erupted and yelled at them?

I'm thrilled every single day that Robert doesn't have an outburst like that court-side while cameras are rolling. Look how angry fans get about this team, I'd be more pissed if Sarver just laughed off each lackluster performance. If he crossed a line, that will have to come from people that were actually present, not a security guard outside the room.

if this was early in the season (i think that's what the tweet said), if the story is true, it's probably from the first couple nights of the season when Ayton played very well on opening night and then was it an hour later or a day later, we learned about his suspension. That would definitely piss the hell out of Sarver.

but who knows.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Reading other answers from that thread, it seems like the Ayton incident happened right before he was benched midseason, which wasn't long after his return from suspension. He came off the bench for a game or two and then things were good again, with Ayton playing much more engaged and better.

We don't know if it's true or not, of course, but if it is, it really isn't that big of a deal, IMO. If Colangelo did the same thing, rip into a player for being lazy or playing uninterested, he'd be praised for his passion and how much he cares but since it's Sarver, he's an unprofessional buffoon. I won't put much stock in it either way since it's too easy to spin for one's own preconceived notions.

Here is a link to the AMA (Ask Me Anything) on Reddit...

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Reading other answers from that thread, it seems like the Ayton incident happened right before he was benched midseason, which wasn't long after his return from suspension. He came off the bench for a game or two and then things were good again, with Ayton playing much more engaged and better.

We don't know if it's true or not, of course, but if it is, it really isn't that big of a deal, IMO. If Colangelo did the same thing, rip into a player for being lazy or playing uninterested, he'd be praised for his passion and how much he cares but since it's Sarver, he's an unprofessional buffoon. I won't put much stock in it either way since it's too easy to spin for one's own preconceived notions.

Here is a link to the AMA (Ask Me Anything) on Reddit...

we'd never heard about Jerry throwing and breaking things as was intimated in that article.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bet you this happens in all sports more than we know it or care to realize.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Here's a good 2020 meme that is Suns related. Wanted to share this here when I saw it initially but didn't know where to put it but a thread like this is a good spot
You must be registered for see images attach