2 Suns Test Positive for COVID-19; Workouts shut down

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still have a hard time seeing the NBA finish the season.

Just give Milwaukee the trophy.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...-positive-coronavirus-sources-say/3240663001/

No surprise really.

Hope they get through it OK.

This "season" is really the one on life support.

This is silly. There is no reason to shut down the training facility. Just send those two home.

The media has really scared everyone into being completely irrational about corona. Every single NBA player could catch it and the stats say none would likely even get seriously ill.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
This is silly. There is no reason to shut down the training facility. Just send those two home.

The media has really scared everyone into being completely irrational about corona. Every single NBA player could catch it and the stats say none would likely even get seriously ill.
Please don't politicize a virus. And all their parents and grandparents could die.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Players testing positive is to be expected. I hope it turns well for the players, family and any staff that were exposed.

I have no problem temporarily closing down voluntary workouts for sanitation and having the effected players stay at home.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

Wow, so disconnected from what is happening.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

Thank you, Dr. Proximo, for your well-informed opinion on COVID-19. I’m sure the medical community agrees with everything you stated...

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
COVID-19 is back on the rise. Logically, it will affect sports just as the rest of society,
if not more, because of its close contact. Bowling, archery, golf are some sports
where you might be able to enforce the 6-foot rule.

What is more demoralizing for players, management and fans than a shutdown?

A second shutdown! This virus will likely take at least two years to be a thing of
the past. Perhaps longer. Or, as some medical professionals have said, we will
never return to what we consider to be normal.

So sad, but highly possible. It is a worldwide phenomenon. A killer phenomenon.

This is a sports board of enthusiasts, so that is our priority. But it is nowhere
near the magnitude of how it has affected every society and businesses all
over the world.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns will still continue voluntary workouts.

The Arizona Republic reported Tuesday that two players tested positive for coronavirus, leading to a temporary shutdown of workouts, though it was not reported when the players tested positive or when workouts were canceled.

The Suns would not comment on the report but confirmed there was a workout Tuesday morning and more scheduled for the rest of the week.

Jerome, Johnson, Lecque and Carter were working out at the Coliseum on Tuesday, according to their Instagram accounts.

It is not known whether the players who reportedly tested positive had taken part in workouts at the Coliseum.

https://arizonasports.com/story/231...inue-after-report-positive-coronavirus-tests/

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
It does not say who, probably due to Hippa. Guys that don't show up probably are it.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Or just give no one a trophy and wipe this season out of the record books

There is a lot of money riding on this (I believe the NBA is at risk of losing their lucrative TV contract) so they'll make every attempt to start up again but I think it will be destined to fail. I just can't see any league returning and lasting long enough to complete even a mini-season/postseason before they are forced to once again shut down. IOW, they will either wipe the season out of the books or reward the championship to the league leader as it currently stands.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is a lot of money riding on this (I believe the NBA is at risk of losing their lucrative TV contract) so they'll make every attempt to start up again but I think it will be destined to fail. I just can't see any league returning and lasting long enough to complete even a mini-season/postseason before they are forced to once again shut down. IOW, they will either wipe the season out of the books or reward the championship to the league leader as it currently stands.

Yeah, they have to give it every effort. The NBA would lose something like 2 billion if the season gets cancelled and the players over a billion. They need to fulfill regional sports contracts to get 100% of revenue which requires at least 70 games.

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
I agree, but Imagine the astrix on that title , would the players even want that? I mean Milwaukee was the best team in the regular season but what's the percentage of the team the with the best record winning it all? It wouldn't be unfair to crown them if they can't resume play but still playoffs are way different anything can happen

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I hate to be the negative Nancy, but I don't see how this is going to be anything but a big failure.

The players are in a bubble but all of the Disney staff go home every night. One player gets Covid and he's down for 14 days and he could wipe out half a roster really quick. Imagine that happening during the "playoffs".

And they're just tempting fate trying to pull this off during the 2020 hurricane season in Florida.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hate to be the negative Nancy, but I don't see how this is going to be anything but a big failure.

The players are in a bubble but all of the Disney staff go home every night. One player gets Covid and he's down for 14 days and he could wipe out half a roster really quick. Imagine that happening during the "playoffs".

And they're just tempting fate trying to pull this off during the 2020 hurricane season in Florida.

If nothing else, it's about all the teams playing 70 games to fulfill television contracts. That's worth billions of dollars to the NBA and players.

For example, the Suns only need to play only 5 games to reach the 70 mark.

I think the NBA is sincere in finishing the season and the playoffs but after the season is finished, everything else is gravy. The NBA is also allowing teams to add replacement players for those who might test positive.

I can't speak about the hurricanes.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
It does not say who, probably due to Hippa. Guys that don't show up probably are it.

Nope. Several other players on other teams have been identified. This is Suns management being their typical devious, deceitful and secretive selves. I would bet just about anything at this point that at least one of the two is Booker or Ayton, if not the two being Booker AND Ayton.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nope. Several other players on other teams have been identified. This is Suns management being their typical devious, deceitful and secretive selves. I would bet just about anything at this point that at least one of the two is Booker or Ayton, if not the two being Booker AND Ayton.
Like when Baynes was secretly dead and they never told us.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Like when Baynes was secretly dead and they never told us.

Such an underrated moment of the season but I think that proves the Suns were in it for the long haul. They knew the pandemic was near and decided to sacrifice one of their own in an attempt to see if they could reanimate them successfully. They'll be the only team not to have a player miss any time due to Covid-19 when things resume.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave