Fire Robert Sarver

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
stop promoting this non-sense

Booker doesn't have an emotional connection to Phoenix but Davis somehow did?

Stop making this media BS a story that it is clearly is not.

Booker has not even started his 5 year extension WITHOUT ANY option and repeatedly says that he wants to be here, wants to build a team here!

This is a total nonstory for at least 3.5 more years. And if we still suck in 3.5 years well I probably won't care much about Booker wanting out if he can't lead this team to wins, we are clearly going to be stacked in terms of talent.

Our situation is not even close to comparable to New Orleans, they did not draft a single worthwhile player since drafting Davis while here on the other hand it is not even a given that Booker is going to be the clearly best player on this team in 3 years.

You’re trying to make it an apples to apples comparison and it’s not. Stop.

Pelicans have made just one top 9 draft selection since getting Davis in 2012 while the Suns have had 4 since getting Booker in 2015 and counting. The only one the Pelicans had was Hield who is a pretty good player but they traded him for Cousins which worked out damn well till Cousins tore his Achilles. Their other top 9 pick they traded for their current 2nd best player by far in Holliday.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Players have finally woken up and realized that they have as much right as owners do to look out for themselves. If owners aren't loyal, honest AND competent players are going to move on to a better situation. Of course winning is the true measure of competency.

As it should be.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
You’re trying to make it an apples to apples comparison and it’s not. Stop.

Pelicans have made just one top 9 draft selection since getting Davis in 2012 while the Suns have had 4 since getting Booker in 2015 and counting. The only one the Pelicans had was Hield who is a pretty good player but they traded him for Cousins which worked out damn well till Cousins tore his Achilles. Their other top 9 pick they traded for their current 2nd best player by far in Holliday.

I rarely agree with Slin, but on this one he is right. I'd suggest that you are the one trying to make it an apples to apples comparison. Davis situation and Booker situation are very different. In seven years, New Orleans was not able to get much talent outside of Holiday. Sure, there was Buddy Heild turned into DMC, and then finally they got some one-year help this year. There were also Anderson and Gordon who had some injuries. Some of these folks were pretty good players, but Davis really didn't have much help. I am not a New Orleans historian, but they made some questionable decisions, crippling themselves financially in the process. They saved the Suns by matching that Gordon offer sheet, they spent a lot of money on Asik, they gave Solomon Hill a large contract, they maxed out Holiday (which was probably OK in the grand scheme of things), and they basically got screwed in the Cousins situations. I don't fault them for what happened there, but it did screw them over. They also lost three first-round picks because they kept doing stupid stuff.

Suns screwed up the 2016 draft big time, but they still have some serious talent. Ayton is going to be very good. Bridges, Jackson, Oubre are all showing a lot of promise. Now, is it possible that the talent level is going to end up being about the same surrounding Booker as it was in NOLA surrounding Davis? Sure, but we won't know that for a while. Big difference is that the Suns don't have any cap issues and terrible contracts. Warren is on a nice contract, Booker is maxed out, JJ, Bridges, and Ayton are still on rookie contracts, and we'll see how Oubre and Holmes situations play out.

Suns have some time. If next year is not significantly better, and the year after that even better, Suns will have a problem with Booker, but right now, the two situations are very different.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I rarely agree with Slin, but on this one he is right. I'd suggest that you are the one trying to make it an apples to apples comparison. Davis situation and Booker situation are very different. In seven years, New Orleans was not able to get much talent outside of Holiday. Sure, there was Buddy Heild turned into DMC, and then finally they got some one-year help this year. There were also Anderson and Gordon who had some injuries. Some of these folks were pretty good players, but Davis really didn't have much help. I am not a New Orleans historian, but they made some questionable decisions, crippling themselves financially in the process. They saved the Suns by matching that Gordon offer sheet, they spent a lot of money on Asik, they gave Solomon Hill a large contract, they maxed out Holiday (which was probably OK in the grand scheme of things), and they basically got screwed in the Cousins situations. I don't fault them for what happened there, but it did screw them over. They also lost three first-round picks because they kept doing stupid stuff.

Suns screwed up the 2016 draft big time, but they still have some serious talent. Ayton is going to be very good. Bridges, Jackson, Oubre are all showing a lot of promise. Now, is it possible that the talent level is going to end up being about the same surrounding Booker as it was in NOLA surrounding Davis? Sure, but we won't know that for a while. Big difference is that the Suns don't have any cap issues and terrible contracts. Warren is on a nice contract, Booker is maxed out, JJ, Bridges, and Ayton are still on rookie contracts, and we'll see how Oubre and Holmes situations play out.

Suns have some time. If next year is not significantly better, and the year after that even better, Suns will have a problem with Booker, but right now, the two situations are very different.
I think next year will need to be significantly better. Sarver promised the Suns to be in contention by the year 2020 so I do think he’s expecting the progress too.

I’m not saying Booker will demand out aka Anthony Davis. Even the image i posted was more so in reference to Booker’s possible frustration with ownership. I agree the Davis comparison is not apples to apples when it comes to Booker.

Snoopdog323

Veteran
Reaction score
Big difference. Booker is under contract for quite awhile. Davis has leverage of his impending free agency.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

If this is true then Sarver takes over the mantle as the worst owner in professional sports.

I can actually see this perhaps pressuring him to sell as well because knowing how much he cares about public perception, he will hate having that distinction.

Last edited:

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
As if Twitter wasn't already irritating enough, this increasing trend of anything getting deleted as soon as someone objects makes it basically useless.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

If this is true then Sarver takes over the mantle as the worst owner in professional sports.

I can actually see this perhaps pressuring him to sell as well because knowing how much he cares about public perception, he will hate having that distinction.
Any way we can convince Sarver to sell his controlling stake in the Suns and buy the Knicks?? :)

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Two meddling owners, only Dolan has been doing it longer.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Any way we can convince Sarver to sell his controlling stake in the Suns and buy the Knicks?? :)

Look how the fans turned on Randy Johnson in the Big Apple. They are ruthless!

I think Sarver has, at least, enough common sense to realize what they would do to him in New York. Whereas, his antics are relatively safe in Phoenix.

Western Font

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Server is going to sell only if there’s a business case for it, like a change in the league model, or cashing out for another play. He’s not going to do it for the sake of the team or the fans, or be bullied or embarrassed into it.

There’s nothing particularly special about the Suns case that warrants league intervention. The Sixers were publicly acting in bad faith, even if some fans respected the process. Even then I’m sure the league has mixed feelings, especially after what happened with Bryan Colangelo.

Back to the Suns: I think our only hope with Sarver is something like landing Zion and luring not only free agents but a GM/coach combo that’s good at managing up.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
It’s getting harder and harder to imagine a scenario where the Suns emerge from this under Sarver. There are no signs of life. It has been a steady death spiral for years now. The franchise is the joke of the league. It may be the biggest joke in professional sports.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
It’s getting harder and harder to imagine a scenario where the Suns emerge from this under Sarver. There are no signs of life. It has been a steady death spiral for years now. The franchise is the joke of the league. It may be the biggest joke in professional sports.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's true. Whatever one might think of the other parts of the franchise that aren't working, Sarver is THE anchor dragging the franchise down.

For the sole reason that everyone across the league - players, coaches, and front office personnel alike - know he is a meddling, ego-driven buffoon, and no one who has any other more viable employment options wants to be a part of any franchise he's running. I can't see any chance of the Suns climbing out of that hole unless we just get lucky to find talent that can turn around the franchise through the draft.

And of course, if we somehow accumulate enough talent and find competent FO/coaching to make it all work, the pitfall of that is you just KNOW he is still going to find a way to screw it up by interfering in some way or another. And if the team does eventually come back to some level of success in spite of Sarver, he is even less inclined to sell his interest or reduce his role running the team.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
It's true. Whatever one might think of the other parts of the franchise that aren't working, Sarver is THE anchor dragging the franchise down.

For the sole reason that everyone across the league - players, coaches, and front office personnel alike - know he is a meddling, ego-driven buffoon, and no one who has any other more viable employment options wants to be a part of any franchise he's running. I can't see any chance of the Suns climbing out of that hole unless we just get lucky to find talent that can turn around the franchise through the draft.

And of course, if we somehow accumulate enough talent and find competent FO/coaching to make it all work, the pitfall of that is you just KNOW he is still going to find a way to screw it up by interfering in some way or another. And if the team does eventually come back to some level of success in spite of Sarver, he is even less inclined to sell his interest or reduce his role running the team.
He did step out of the public limelight after threatening to move the team to Seattle or Las Vegas.

But what we can see makes it obvious that he is still mis-managing the team behind the scenes.

OP
OP
Timm Rosenbach

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
After the past two days, I advise all Suns fans to cease any financial support for this franchise. Let him move the team or be a pariah

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score