What have you replaced Sports with during our pandemic?

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Been rewatching mst 3000 and rifftraxf! Love that show lol servo being my favorite and time chassers favorite episode

Also been playing madden 20 ut and nba 2k20 my carrer and my team

Sooooo hoping we see nfl in late September early October at latest

Pretty crappy yr sport wise :(

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Actually I have been pretty busy. I have a small wood shop so been in there. Just finished making two filing cabinets for the office and I made a desk top for my daughter and now beginning to build a table for the office that will match the cabinets and desks. Then it's on to a book shelf. Add in golfing and some Netflix binge watching (Hell on Wheels, really good series 5 seasons; Medici, Knightfall, about the Templar knights and a few others). Soccer is back on so that garners my interest too. A bit of online gaming and the hours pretty much fly by.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
My brother who is a die hard Falcon fan and I have talked about this recently too. It has become such a business. It has become now a political platform. It has become a revolving door of free agency where it's hard to give loyalty to a group of guys who understandably have to take care of their own and not a franchise all after money. It has become a sport which has constant changing rules. In the end the athletes are not calling you as their confidant when they lose or they citing you personally if they win. I am 52 now and sports are great but it hardly holds my interest as it once did. As one who has been a college professor, and aware of the university as a business, I really no longer care for college sports to the degree I once did. I still think sports are a wonderful fabric of our society, but it has its place which for me is no longer a deciding one. I'm a professional artist which also makes me I guess not the status quo for a accurate social opinion while my brother is a cancer doctor. He will watch his Falcons still and I my Cardinals, our black and red colored bird inspired teams but the interest is no longer personal enough to affect our lives as when we were young, like holding an allegiance to a rock group when you are in high school lol

Honestly I feel exactly the same. I would rather spend time with humanity than obsess over sports or anything else really. I think a lot of people are in the same boat. Being told we can't be around each other has forced us to value that time even more.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
I was unemployed for a pretty good stint. It was nice to be unemployed with my kids home from school for the time it lasted. Im glad the money stress is over (I was running on gas fumes), but it was nice to just hang with the boys all day everyday.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m now my special needs son’s primary caretaker. For many years, we had a woman who came to the house, got him up, dressed him, fed him, and took him into the community. With the virus, everything changed. In addition to his care, I also work from home brokering transportation. There are not enough hours in the day right now. What I’m most proud of is that my son has lost some much needed weight because I walk with him every day & I’m not over feeding him as I suspect his previous caretakers did. He’s always been a Daddy’s boy, but now even more so. Whatever love you give a special needs child, they return it a hundredfold.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
I have a life too. Or at least I thought I did. I watched every DBacks game in person or on TV last year. With the extra innings and travel time on the games I saw in person that was about 600 hours. I watched at leasts 100 hours of the Suns and Coyotes each and about another 100 on the Cardinals as I watched each gave in person or on TV and watched the DVR copy at least once. So that is about 900 hours per year not counting other sports. That calculates our to 37.5 days a year using 24 hours a day. That is over 1 full day of 24 hours of watching sports for every 10 days. And guess what, I don't miss it. Because of all the greed of both sides I will never go back there. I will watch highlights as I see fit. And I will watch whatever playoff games are played by our big 4. But that is it. I am going on 69 and want to spend the rest of my life doing what I want. The sports salaries and owner's greed has made my decision easy for me. Everything is relative.
Full disclosure. My wife saw my post and said "you will NEVER stop watching the Cardinals' games. Out of the mouth of my soulmate.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I been trying to get back into D&D
Hard to find a group to play with though

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I work from home now so.....

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk
Don't be tempted:)
My little brother works from home too since the outbreak of Covid 19, and he told him he works even more then before cause he is constantly monitored

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't be tempted:)
My little brother works from home too since the outbreak of Covid 19, and he told him he works even more then before cause he is constantly monitored
I get paid based on results but we have limits on new business so it keeps me from working too much and when I am working they don't need to monitor me.

However when you're grinding all day at home and have a cell phone with easy access to the internet sometimes you gotta walk away and refocus

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson