The Infamous "I TOLD YOU SO!" Thread

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Looking back over the years, what is something you emphatically stated, predicted, or strongly argued for or against that has proven correct over time and which you could say, "I told you so!"

The only one I can think of, and am not totally sure the discussion was on this board, was a debate as to who you would prefer to have and would be considered th best WR, Larry Fitzgerald or Antonio Brown. At the time Brown looked all world with the Steelers, but I argued for Fitz. I argued the fact that Fitz's longevity still topped Brown's few years of stardom. You couldn't say Brown was better or more valuable until he did it for more years, as Larry had. I think history proved me correct and to those who thought me blind at the time, I think I can now say, "I told you so!"

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Way back in the day we went 3-0 but were utter garbage. Sadly I was right when I slammed Tango for proclaiming us as having arrived. I think we finished 4-12 or 5-11.

Edit: Looking back, it was a 4-2 start in 2003. We finished 5-11. I think we went 3-0 when I was in high school, then went on to get creamed, and thus the confusion. But that was well before message boards and predictions :)

Edit Edit: It was either '89 or '91 I'm (mis)remembering, when we started 2-0 each of those two seasons.

Last edited:

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Way back in the day we went 3-0 but were utter garbage. Sadly I was right when I slammed Tango for proclaiming us as having arrived. I think we finished 4-12 or 5-11.

Edit: Looking back, it was a 4-2 start in 2003. We finished 5-11. I think we went 3-0 when I was in high school, then went on to get creamed, and thus the confusion. But that was well before message boards and predictions :)

Edit Edit: It was either '89 or '91 I'm (mis)remembering, when we started 2-0 each of those two seasons.
one of those years didnt we win all our PS games then start out 4-0 only to end up 5-11??? I vaguely remember an interview with an opposing player and he mentions we are basically 8-0 since we won all the PS games.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Drafting Robert Bustdiche!!!

I said he wasn’t a 1st rounder months before the draft based on his college production & hype. I still remember being ripped repeatedly after year 1, year 2, year 3 as some posters kept saying “this is the year”. Lol

Overhyped in college, non productive in the NFL :thumbdown

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Mine can't be talked about here, But look it up in P&R if you're bored.

It had to do with Nice (France) and pew pew control.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Boldin: I knew he’d be great. Losing him was one of the Cards’ worst acts since they moved to AZ.
He was great. But reports said he was promised "Larry" money and the Cards could not deliver by putting that much cash into the WR position, so they paid Larry and sent Q off to Baltimore (a great place for him). Larry and Q were a deadly combination and thusly gave the 3rd receiver a chance to shine. i.e. Breaston, or anyone else for that matter.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He was great. But reports said he was promised "Larry" money and the Cards could not deliver by putting that much cash into the WR position, so they paid Larry and sent Q off to Baltimore (a great place for him). Larry and Q were a deadly combination and thusly gave the 3rd receiver a chance to shine. i.e. Breaston, or anyone else for that matter.

he wasn’t promised Larry money he wanted Larry money. He’s was very jealous of Fitz. He wanted to be number 1.

cardinals made the right choice

Cardsmasochist

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I thought that the Cardinals should have tried to trade for Calais Campbell when he was still playing for the Jaguars.

The Ravens ended up giving only a 5th round draft pick to get him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I thought that the Cardinals should have tried to trade for Calais Campbell when he was still playing for the Jaguars.

The Ravens ended up giving only a 5th round draft pick to get him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

why.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave