Rumblings Jamal Adams is on the block

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Jane Slater
⁦‪@SlaterNFL‬⁩

You must be registered for see images

#Cowboys owner Jerry Jones says it's unlikely the Cowboys would trade a pick for a veteran player at 17. Jamal Adams truthers, we shall see if this remains the case. As I reported Monday, a source informed tells me the safety just wasn’t top of mind right now.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
Focus on areas of the team that really need fixing first. The compensation for a guy like Adams is going to be too much.
And with our luck somebody else like the Pats or Cowpukes get him for a 3rd and a kicker and we're all like "What the...?" Lol

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Peterson was lights out the last 4 to 5 games of the year. He took some heat for asking for the trade which was fair, but hes still the top cb in the nfl.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I would not call him the top corner but I still think he's for sure in the top five if not three and has immense value to a defense

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Comments from him and interest in logan Ryan from the jets and leading people to think Jamal Adams is a a available.

Wonder is keim can pull another magical trade and land the best safety in the nfl.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Not a good idea.

You should not spend big money on a safety - unless you have no better place to spend the money. In other words only bad teams spend big money on safetys.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Just thinking...... I may be interested in making Budda available. With both needing a new contract, would it make sense?

I would probably be happier paying Adams over Budda for the roles they would have going forward.

Thoughts?

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just thinking...... I may be interested in making Budda available. With both needing a new contract, would it make sense?

I would probably be happier paying Adams over Budda for the roles they would have going forward.

Thoughts?

Well, first off Budha should be cheaper to resign. But I'm not sure it will be wise to even resign him.

We are going to be up against the cap soon - and then Kyler will need to be resigned - after Mahomes get 50m+ a year.

As I said in a previous post, if I am the cards I am not putting big money at safety no matter who it is - especially if Simmons is going to play there some of the time.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Only safeties I’m trading 1st rounders then paying them big cash are true center-fielders.

Which Adams is not.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Thoughts?

Cynthia Frelund - NFL Network

I challenge you to find a player who was more versatile than Baker in 2019. Next Gen Stats shows the following snap distribution for Baker (this is about to become a meaty sentence): 647 snaps at safety, 174 as an outside linebacker, 155 as a slot corner, 39 at inside linebacker, 31 as an edge defender, 12 at left corner and 10 on the right. That’s 1,068 snaps that pretty much required him to be a defensive coordinator on the field. My spatial model shows that Baker’s ability to stop and/or limit runs when he was playing safety ranked 12th best in the NFL last season. With their smart offseason acquisitions, including No. 8 overall pick Isaiah Simmons, who also has a versatile college resume, the Cardinals’ defense figures to be much more efficient in 2020.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Cynthia Frelund - NFL Network

I challenge you to find a player who was more versatile than Baker in 2019. Next Gen Stats shows the following snap distribution for Baker (this is about to become a meaty sentence): 647 snaps at safety, 174 as an outside linebacker, 155 as a slot corner, 39 at inside linebacker, 31 as an edge defender, 12 at left corner and 10 on the right. That’s 1,068 snaps that pretty much required him to be a defensive coordinator on the field. My spatial model shows that Baker’s ability to stop and/or limit runs when he was playing safety ranked 12th best in the NFL last season. With their smart offseason acquisitions, including No. 8 overall pick Isaiah Simmons, who also has a versatile college resume, the Cardinals’ defense figures to be much more efficient in 2020.

In part, this is why I made the statement in the first place.

I am trying to think back to the impactful, game altering plays that Budda makes and i just don't have a deep reserve of memories.

INT's...... Sacks...... TFL........ 4th down pass breakups....... Please help me here guys.... Because I haven't seen the Honey Badger level yet.

With that being said, I can thing of a few TE TD's that looked like his man. Including the Kittle emasculation on TNF.

Not saying he isn't valuable....... but HOW valuable he is versus the contract he is about to sign is of great importance. My thinking is that if we have Simmons emulating many of the things Budda does, with 5 full seasons on a rookie deal...... Would it make more sense to have a Jamal Adams type over a Baker type.

Would paying Adams make more sense in the overall perspective of squad building? I'm not so sure.

And with Baker's NFL presence and image at an all time high...... Why not move him for a perennial All-Pro at his position who is just as young as Baker is but seems to play the position a bit better than our guy does. It just seems like a better allocation of resources.

Of course...... I could be dead wrong about all of this.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In part, this is why I made the statement in the first place.

I am trying to think back to the impactful, game altering plays that Budda makes and i just don't have a deep reserve of memories.

INT's...... Sacks...... TFL........ 4th down pass breakups....... Please help me here guys.... Because I haven't seen the Honey Badger level yet.

With that being said, I can thing of a few TE TD's that looked like his man. Including the Kittle emasculation on TNF.

Not saying he isn't valuable....... but HOW valuable he is versus the contract he is about to sign is of great importance. My thinking is that if we have Simmons emulating many of the things Budda does, with 5 full seasons on a rookie deal...... Would it make more sense to have a Jamal Adams type over a Baker type.

Would paying Adams make more sense in the overall perspective of squad building? I'm not so sure.

And with Baker's NFL presence and image at an all time high...... Why not move him for a perennial All-Pro at his position who is just as young as Baker is but seems to play the position a bit better than our guy does. It just seems like a better allocation of resources.

Of course...... I could be dead wrong about all of this.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

This does it well

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
That tackle at 1:11 in the back field is phenomenal. Tackle on 2:00

I believe he is underrated here.
Maybe he is. Those two tackles didn't change my mind though.

I have that game on tape and still never came away thinking that he was the difference maker on defense in that win.

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Dont ask me how but I think the Cardinals are in serious play here

Id really like to keep Buddha Baker though so hopefully Kiem can work his witch magic like he did Hopkins

NittanyCard

Veteran
Reaction score
Dont ask me how but I think the Cardinals are in serious play here

Id really like to keep Buddha Baker though so hopefully Kiem can work his witch magic like he did Hopkins
He's a legend talent I'd want out from that dysfunctional franchise as well.

Can only hope we are at play and serious.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Boooo......

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose