Suns updates and discussion for the 2019-20 season

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
You have no way of knowing that he is 100%. No way of knowing if there were setbacks since he had to do the rehab on his own. Also, even if he was 100% healthy he doesn’t lose 15 million for not going to Orlando. He only loses his salary for the 8 games missed. Once again the info you spread is just plain made up. Even if he played there is a decent chance he is gone. He will be on his last year and the Suns have other options at the position. You are insulting that he doesn’t want to be here though, and once again, you are just making stuff up.

You're right in that I don't know if he had a setback medically, though there are zero reports that he had. As for his contract, I can tell you as a contract attorney that if he breaches his contract by abandoning his team, the Suns can terminate it, thereby costing him the $15 million. It's called the doctrine of first material breach. Oubre's first material breach excuses the Suns' performance of the remainder of the contract.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
You're right in that I don't know if he had a setback medically, though there are zero reports that he had. As for his contract, I can tell you as a contract attorney that if he breaches his contract by abandoning his team, the Suns can terminate it, thereby costing him the $15 million. It's called the doctrine of first material breach. Oubre's first material breach excuses the Suns' performance of the remainder of the contract.

Once again, you don’t have a clue what you are talking about:

https://www.nba.com/article/2020/06/16/nba-plans-disney-restart-teams-players

“NBA Commissioner Adam Silver has said that if a player does not feel comfortable playing at Disney -- whether for health reasons or because of the social-justice issues -- then he does not have to report with his team and will not be disciplined, other than losing salary for games missed.”

Last edited:

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Posted May 3rd. Not buying that his knee needs more rehab.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Posted May 3rd. Not buying that his knee needs more rehab.

Sure, he moves well there but by his own admission he had to handle his rehab on his own which calls into question what sort of rehab he was doing. I highly doubt he was rehabbing to return to play full games in July/August. He probably figured he had the whole offseason ahead of himself to get his knee back to 100% and get his wind back as well. I'd like to see him play but at the same time, if the Suns don't win their first 2 games, they've likely eliminated themselves from one of those play-in spots. Oubre will be needed to give them their best chance at winning those games but if he can't go, he can't. Having him travel with the team to rehab with the staff and cheer on his teammates is encouraging. If he decided to stay home, I'd be a little more concerned about his future as a Sun.

Who knows, if the Suns do play really well and get to a play-in or playoff position, maybe having Oubre there rehabbing already will allow him to play then. Based on what I've read about the return to play so far, if he didn't travel with the team then he wouldn't be eligible to play at any point because he wasn't part of the "bubble". I know that's a long shot but the odds of the Suns playing in meaningful games were slim anyways.

Has it even been confirmed what type of surgery he had, to repair or remove the meniscus? Recovery times vary for those, not just for when they can return to play but when they'll really be close to 100% again.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Once again, you don’t have a clue what you are talking about:

https://www.nba.com/article/2020/06/16/nba-plans-disney-restart-teams-players

“NBA Commissioner Adam Silver has said that if a player does not feel comfortable playing at Disney -- whether for health reasons or because of the social-justice issues -- then he does not have to report with his team and will not be disciplined, other than losing salary for games missed.”

This is if there is a COVID-19 or George Floyd related objection, not if a player just doesn't feel like accompanying his team. Big difference.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Sure, he moves well there but by his own admission he had to handle his rehab on his own which calls into question what sort of rehab he was doing. I highly doubt he was rehabbing to return to play full games in July/August. He probably figured he had the whole offseason ahead of himself to get his knee back to 100% and get his wind back as well. I'd like to see him play but at the same time, if the Suns don't win their first 2 games, they've likely eliminated themselves from one of those play-in spots. Oubre will be needed to give them their best chance at winning those games but if he can't go, he can't. Having him travel with the team to rehab with the staff and cheer on his teammates is encouraging. If he decided to stay home, I'd be a little more concerned about his future as a Sun.

Who knows, if the Suns do play really well and get to a play-in or playoff position, maybe having Oubre there rehabbing already will allow him to play then. Based on what I've read about the return to play so far, if he didn't travel with the team then he wouldn't be eligible to play at any point because he wasn't part of the "bubble". I know that's a long shot but the odds of the Suns playing in meaningful games were slim anyways.

Has it even been confirmed what type of surgery he had, to repair or remove the meniscus? Recovery times vary for those, not just for when they can return to play but when they'll really be close to 100% again.

The reports I have seen that specify all say repair.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

His injury has an 8-week recovery window and he has 6 weeks between now and the resumption of the NBA season to get right. Even if he had to rehab on his own, the trainers would’ve given him a daily regimen to follow.

To me, this is an excuse to not play. Would’ve been nice to see the starting lineup play at full strength as I think the Suns are better than the record indicates.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
This is if there is a COVID-19 or George Floyd related objection, not if a player just doesn't feel like accompanying his team. Big difference.
You are 100% wrong on this one. I’m not going to go back and forth with someone who doesn’t know what they are talking about. It has been reported many times that participating in the bubble is voluntary and there is no recourse (except loss of the game checks) for not going.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just reported that Oubre isn't coming back when play resumes. I am therefore all but sure he has one foot out the door. Trade him for Aaron Gordon, while we can still get something of value for him.

Hate to say it, but I think I agree.

I would like to keep him, but I don't think the Suns are going to give him the money he is going to want.

I knew when they signed him to just a 2 year deal, he would probably be gone after a year.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
His injury has an 8-week recovery window and he has 6 weeks between now and the resumption of the NBA season to get right. Even if he had to rehab on his own, the trainers would’ve given him a daily regimen to follow.

To me, this is an excuse to not play. Would’ve been nice to see the starting lineup play at full strength as I think the Suns are better than the record indicates.

It is astonishing to me how little integrity NBA players have these days. How could you not want to at least compete!

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The Suns will be eliminated pretty early so like always the end of the season is zombie basketball. No reason to push him to play.

Actually, if Oubre were to play, they at least had a chance to go on a run if everything came together. Now, they will be eliminated right out of the gate.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Two years ago today the Suns drafted Deandre Ayton.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. Haven’t been on this site in two months. Honestly, I have just lost interest —in all sports pretty much. Wish it wasn’t so. I used to live on this board.

Hope it comes back at some point.

Glad to hear from you JC. I was guessing you were waiting for things to get rolling again.

Once things start, everything should happen fast and close together. It should be very exciting.

Look forward to your return.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
does anyone really think this bubble thing is going to last longer than a week?

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
does anyone really think this bubble thing is going to last longer than a week?
I was joking to my wife about living with athletes in college and helping them avert the curfue! I am sure there will be stories!

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jared Harper will go through waivers and should be available if a team needs him. This might give him another opportunity with a different team.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was joking to my wife about living with athletes in college and helping them avert the curfue! I am sure there will be stories!

right? I can't wait for years from now when we learn about shenanigans about guys secretly going out, getting rona and then infecting a bunch of people.

oh who am I kidding? can't hide in the age of social media. one of these guys will get nailed by twitter or instagram.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA