Is this a superbowl organization...Bidwill, Keim, Kingsbury, Murray?

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score
Every great organization needs a strong foundation and the question is, do the Cardinals have the right people in place as owner, general manager, coach and quarterback?

Winning starts at the top and Michael is light years ahead of his dad as an owner. I have followed the Cardinals for close to 50 years and I believe that the transition from Bill Bidwill's control of the team to Michael's control is the most important thing that has ever happened to the team. This alone gives me hope for this franchise. Michael is passionate about winning and seems to connect well with players, coaches, and front office personnel. It's still early in his tenure, but I believe that he is capable of building a championship organization in Arizona.

Keim on the other hand is somewhat of a question mark for me at this point in his career. He's had his ups and downs, and experienced a couple of rough years personally and professionally in 2017 and 2018. He did seem to bounce back last year, securing a rookie college coach with upside, along with drafting a potential franchise quarterback that every winning team needs. Adding to last year's step forward, he just completed what most believe to be an outstanding off-season with key acquisitions in free agency followed by what appears to be an outstanding draft. Saying all of this, I still think progress is needed this coming season in order for Keim to secure his future in Arizona.

Finally, as far as our coach and quarterback are concerned, it's really too soon to proclaim Kingsbury as our coach of the future or Murray as our franchise quarterback. Both showed potential in their rookie years, and I'm very excited to see how they progress in year two. Hopes are high this coming season for both Kingsbury and Murray, and we may just be at the beginning of a dynamic coach and quarterback combo. I really can't wait for this season to get started. It should be one to remember.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Usually, questions like the one posed in this thread are answered on the football field.

The Cards, under current leadership will be considered a Super Bowl winner contender when they win or compete in the Super Bowl.

Michael, Steve, Kliff etc. will be considered mediocre leaders if they fail to compete-in or win the Super Bowl.

There's no justice. (No doubt luck will have something to do with it). Words, prognostications and ratings won't cut it. It is what it is.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
The biggest thing Keim did was get out from under the shadow of Arians. My biggest question mark is still Kingsbury. I am still not convinced that a guy who couldn't sustain winning seasons at the college level can do it at the pro level.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Sadly, I think it's not. Michael is a good owner, who I think will eventually bring a championship to the franchise. Keim is a relatively adept GM whose personal life may be too much, along with a poor draft history.

I like Kliff Kingsbury the person, but I don't like his track record. I don't think he'll be a winning head coach.

Kyler is my biggest question mark. I'm really impressed by all of his tools, and think he could put a lot together. But his fate is inexorably linked to Kliff, right? If I don't think Kliff can win, that's going to hurt Kyler Murray. The point of this whole experiment is to unite the two, right? If you put Kyler in a less comfortable offensive system, I don't know what we get. I still unfortunately feel like KM is going to be one of those consistently top-15 QBs that doesn't emerge into the elite.

I really like where we are as a roster right now, but man, there's so many questions.

Cardsmasochist

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
SK’s drafting has been atrocious. The amount of dead cap he has created is inexcusable.

His trades for Chandler Jones and Hopkins are his only saving grace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Everything depends how much Kyler Murray improves
Has plenty of talent, can he put it together ?
Is he a leader of men, has he the mindset to put the team on his back?

Last edited:

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Since Mike has taken over we’ve been the Super Bowl and a Conference Championship game. Legitimately one or two plays away from having a Ring.

I really don’t get all the SK hate. His personal issues? Dude got a DUI like what 3-4 years ago. Unless there have been other majors incidents I haven’t heard about. I mean what if Honey Badger, David Johnson, Cooper or John Brown never get hurt or sick what’s the draft thing look like now? The trades have been insane Palmer, Veldaheer, Jones, Hopkins

we built a veteran win now team with BA and it worked but when you build like that those guys are getting old fast and now we’re rebuilding that’s kind of how things work.

so yes I think we can be

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I really don’t get all the SK hate. His personal issues? Dude got a DUI like what 3-4 years ago. Unless there have been other majors incidents I haven’t heard about. I mean what if Honey Badger, David Johnson, Cooper or John Brown never get hurt or sick what’s the draft thing look like now? The trades have been insane Palmer, Veldaheer, Jones, Hopkins
It's been a whopping two offseasons since he got an extreme DUI on 4th of July. There's a minor mistake, and then there's willful idiocy. And if other posters are to be believed, Keim has a larger problem that extends past that one incident, and shows a consistent alcohol issue, which may potentially be ruining his marriage.

I can't fault someone for struggling with addiction. It's a demon that hurts many lives. But feeling bad for him is not going to win the Cardinals a Super Bowl, which is what the thread is about. If he was managing a Safeway semi-competently, I don't think I'd have any outcry.

But, let's talk drafting. Tyrann was a legitimate hit, but the rest of that draft is subpar. Why bother calling out Cooper? The chance that he might have been good without injury is nothing more than a myth. He never did a single thing. I don't mean to rip on a guy for getting hurt and that getting in his head, but he's not anyone of value.

For as great as DJ looked, running backs are a dime a dozen at the moment. Kareem Hunt or Alvin Kamara have similar production going for them. And Keim didn't even want DJ as his first choice. It's well documented that we almost drafted Ameer Abdullah.

...And John Brown? JJ Nelson replicated him. He was at best a #3 guy. He has all of the healthy targets he could ask for in Buffalo, and he ended up just barely breaking 1,000 yards.

The trades have been great, but Veldheer wasn't traded for.

Where we stand today, we have very few starters that Keim's drafted. I love our first round pick, but Simmons isn't a guaranteed positional starter. Byron Murphy is a nickelback. We traded to replace our #2 WR that he picked in the second round two years ago. The entire 2016 draft class is gone, and I think out of the NFL entirely. 2017 has a bust of a first rounder, someone fans would replace in Budda, and nothing else otherwise. 2018 is left with guys we hope might contribute.

2019 is an absolute mess right now short of Kyler Murray. And we had the first pick. 11 picks. 1 surefire starter. Thanks Keim!

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's been a whopping two offseasons since he got an extreme DUI on 4th of July. There's a minor mistake, and then there's willful idiocy. And if other posters are to be believed, Keim has a larger problem that extends past that one incident, and shows a consistent alcohol issue, which may potentially be ruining his marriage.

I can't fault someone for struggling with addiction. It's a demon that hurts many lives. But feeling bad for him is not going to win the Cardinals a Super Bowl, which is what the thread is about. If he was managing a Safeway semi-competently, I don't think I'd have any outcry.

But, let's talk drafting. Tyrann was a legitimate hit, but the rest of that draft is subpar. Why bother calling out Cooper? The chance that he might have been good without injury is nothing more than a myth. He never did a single thing. I don't mean to rip on a guy for getting hurt and that getting in his head, but he's not anyone of value.

For as great as DJ looked, running backs are a dime a dozen at the moment. Kareem Hunt or Alvin Kamara have similar production going for them. And Keim didn't even want DJ as his first choice. It's well documented that we almost drafted Ameer Abdullah.

...And John Brown? JJ Nelson replicated him. He was at best a #3 guy. He has all of the healthy targets he could ask for in Buffalo, and he ended up just barely breaking 1,000 yards.

The trades have been great, but Veldheer wasn't traded for.

Where we stand today, we have very few starters that Keim's drafted. I love our first round pick, but Simmons isn't a guaranteed positional starter. Byron Murphy is a nickelback. We traded to replace our #2 WR that he picked in the second round two years ago. The entire 2016 draft class is gone, and I think out of the NFL entirely. 2017 has a bust of a first rounder, someone fans would replace in Budda, and nothing else otherwise. 2018 is left with guys we hope might contribute.

2019 is an absolute mess right now short of Kyler Murray. And we had the first pick. 11 picks. 1 surefire starter. Thanks Keim!

lmao dude.

he got a DUI two years ago on Fourth of July and now he’s struggling with addiction demons and his marriage might be on the rocks lol

the fact your even bringing that up let’s me know you can’t have a legit conversation on SK. That’s insane and no it’s not a mess we are being praised pretty much across all football media

I’m a grown ass man I don’t do 3rd, 4th and 5th hand gossip. My friend golfs with a guy who lives next to the guy that cuts SK lawn

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
lmao dude.

he got a DUI two years ago on Fourth of July and now he’s struggling with addiction demons and his marriage might be on the rocks lol

the fact your even bringing that up let’s me know you can’t have a legit conversation on SK. That’s insane and no it’s not a mess we are being praised pretty much across all football media

I’m a grown ass man I don’t do 3rd, 4th and 5th hand gossip. My friend golfs with a guy who lives next to the guy that cuts SK lawn
Oh, ****, I forgot you're Keim's biggest apologist. My bad. It's his second DUI. That's not gossip. I'll forgive a college kid, but when you have kids at home, you've suffered the consequences once, and it's the most police-enforced holiday of the year... well, that's just idiocy. Even more idiocy when you have millions in the bank, and an Uber ride can save yourself the embarrassment, your company the embarrassment, and most importantly, lives.

Maybe as a "grown ass man," if multiple people are corroborating some awful behavior, you should adjust your focus. Especially when half of the decade has produced woeful performance. Remember, we're still waiting on a ton of zebras to change their stripes. We haven't had a winning season in a painfully long time.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Oh, ****, I forgot you're Keim's biggest apologist. My bad. It's his second DUI. That's not gossip. I'll forgive a college kid, but when you have kids at home, you've suffered the consequences once, and it's the most police-enforced holiday of the year... well, that's just idiocy. Even more idiocy when you have millions in the bank, and an Uber ride can save yourself the embarrassment, your company the embarrassment, and most importantly, lives.

Maybe as a "grown ass man," if multiple people are corroborating some awful behavior, you should adjust your focus. Especially when half of the decade has produced woeful performance. Remember, we're still waiting on a ton of zebras to change their stripes. We haven't had a winning season in a painfully long time.

I only see one on his record so idk

Its been 4 and in 17 we were 8-8. Stop

You realize the last season was the first 49er winning season in 5 years.

it’s called rebuilding kinda how it works

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think with Murray drake nuk kirk jones if Simmons pans out this team could be a playoff wildcard team this yr which would be a huge step in Murray growth and team confidence for future goals.

Gonna be hopefully a fun and interesting yr... fingers heavily crossed

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I only see one on his record so idk

Its been 4 and in 17 we were 8-8. Stop

You realize the last season was the first 49er winning season in 5 years.

it’s called rebuilding kinda how it works
It took less than 10 seconds to Google: https://cardswire.usatoday.com/2018...ow-about-cardinals-gm-steve-keims-dui-arrest/

Okay, four seasons. 2017 was Arians pulling a rabbit out of his hat with a depleted roster. Yet, he's gone, and went to another team. Curious, eh?

I don't see what the 49ers have to do with it. I've been to three games up there in the past five years and each one had a plane flying overhead begging the team to fire the owner. That's not the standard I want set. You don't have to look any further than our own division to see that the Seahawks haven't had a losing season in 9 years, and even then it was two seasons of 7-9.

Our "rebuilding" has been trash. Our drafts have sucked since Keim took over. I'm tired of beginning each season with "well if it's a full moon when the season starts, every away game falls on an even date, and the rest of the division feeds their Mogwai after midnight, we might get a wild card!"

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It took less than 10 seconds to Google: https://cardswire.usatoday.com/2018...ow-about-cardinals-gm-steve-keims-dui-arrest/

Okay, four seasons. 2017 was Arians pulling a rabbit out of his hat with a depleted roster. Yet, he's gone, and went to another team. Curious, eh?

I don't see what the 49ers have to do with it. I've been to three games up there in the past five years and each one had a plane flying overhead begging the team to fire the owner. That's not the standard I want set. You don't have to look any further than our own division to see that the Seahawks haven't had a losing season in 9 years, and even then it was two seasons of 7-9.

Our "rebuilding" has been trash. Our drafts have sucked since Keim took over. I'm tired of beginning each season with "well if it's a full moon when the season starts, every away game falls on an even date, and the rest of the division feeds their Mogwai after midnight, we might get a wild card!"

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

lmao 22 years ago

then why are you even fan if everything is ****?

our rebuild is trash? Cause I love the direction this team is headed in but ok it’s pretty clear your mind is made up.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
lmao 22 years ago

then why are you even fan if everything is ****?

our rebuild is trash? Cause I love the direction this team is headed in but ok it’s pretty clear your mind is made up.
22 years ago means a grown man with kids to think of, and a career/family, shouldn’t be getting smashed and getting in a car on the heaviest DUI day of the year? Bad look, man. It’s not like he had an extra glass of wine and got hauled away for being just over the legal limit, he was drunk as sin.

My fandom for this team doesn’t waver whether we’re good or not. We were bad when I started being a fan. I’ll continue to be a fan. Doesn’t mean I can’t expect a better product.

Our rebuild should have started in 2016. Taking this many years to get to a maybe competitive roster (if the coaching holds up) is inexcusable. The past two years have been frustrating to watch.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
22 years ago means a grown man with kids to think of, and a career/family, shouldn’t be getting smashed and getting in a car on the heaviest DUI day of the year? Bad look, man. It’s not like he had an extra glass of wine and got hauled away for being just over the legal limit, he was drunk as sin.

My fandom for this team doesn’t waver whether we’re good or not. We were bad when I started being a fan. I’ll continue to be a fan. Doesn’t mean I can’t expect a better product.

Our rebuild should have started in 2016. Taking this many years to get to a maybe competitive roster (if the coaching holds up) is inexcusable. The past two years have been frustrating to watch.

ok

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Kiem cannot draft. If he isn't replaced, this will end up like Green Bay and A-Rod all over again

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Sadly, I think it's not. Michael is a good owner, who I think will eventually bring a championship to the franchise. Keim is a relatively adept GM whose personal life may be too much, along with a poor draft history.

I like Kliff Kingsbury the person, but I don't like his track record. I don't think he'll be a winning head coach.

Kyler is my biggest question mark. I'm really impressed by all of his tools, and think he could put a lot together. But his fate is inexorably linked to Kliff, right? If I don't think Kliff can win, that's going to hurt Kyler Murray. The point of this whole experiment is to unite the two, right? If you put Kyler in a less comfortable offensive system, I don't know what we get. I still unfortunately feel like KM is going to be one of those consistently top-15 QBs that doesn't emerge into the elite.

I really like where we are as a roster right now, but man, there's so many questions.
Damn Solar, tell us how you really feel lol? I thought you were starting to gain some optimism but maybe not lol? I think KM is gonna take off in this offense when they get back on the field & I truly think KK has just scratched the surface on his NFL play calling, all he needed was a defense. Hopefully that was fixed this offseason? It's been said many times that he had trouble recruiting elite defensive players to TT, defense was his main problem in college imo. Look at how many times his offenses were in shootouts while at TT. As far as our FO is concerned imo, MB opened up the checkbook as to were BB did not. SK had several bad drafts, bad signings, bad luck etc etc. The jury is still out on him as our GM but I really think he nailed this offseason. Maybe he keeps it going? Time will tell.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Damn Solar, tell us how you really feel lol? I thought you were starting to gain some optimism but maybe not lol? I think KM is gonna take off in this offense when they get back on the field & I truly think KK has just scratched the surface on his NFL play calling, all he needed was a defense. Hopefully that was fixed this offseason? It's been said many times that he had trouble recruiting elite defensive players to TT, defense was his main problem in college imo. Look at how many times his offenses were in shootouts while at TT. As far as our FO is concerned imo, MB opened up the checkbook as to were BB did not. SK had several bad drafts, bad signings, bad luck etc etc. The jury is still out on him as our GM but I really think he nailed this offseason. Maybe he keeps it going? Time will tell.
I am optimistic, actually, because right now I think the talent is good enough to mask poor coaching. I think over the next 1-3 years we will play in a playoff game or two.

It's just from the standpoint of a Super Bowl, I don't see the right decision makers in place. And when Kyler's mega deal appears in short order, I don't think Keim will know how to build the roster.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I don't know why so many knock KK's college record, it's not exactly like he had pick of the litter for talent.
For the recruitment handicaps he faced, He still put some damn exciting products on the field.

I think he's going to need to do better than VJ as a DC if he wants to succeed at the next level.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I don't know why so many knock KK's college record, it's not exactly like he had pick of the litter for talent.
For the recruitment handicaps he faced, He still put some damn exciting products on the field.

I think he's going to need to do better than VJ as a DC if he wants to succeed at the next level.
If I'm hiring someone to come manage my multimillion dollar marketing budget, it's hard for me to look down at a list of applicants and pick the guy with no proven track record because his last company wasn't an ideal work situation. He still didn't get the job done. Doesn't mean I won't go have a beer with him, but he's not getting the job.

Same with Kliff. If he were heading up the 49ers, we'd be laughing at them.

Until he starts to win, I am going to consider him to be what his resume says he is.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If I'm hiring someone to come manage my multimillion dollar marketing budget, it's hard for me to look down at a list of applicants and pick the guy with no proven track record because his last company wasn't an ideal work situation. He still didn't get the job done. Doesn't mean I won't go have a beer with him, but he's not getting the job.

Same with Kliff. If he were heading up the 49ers, we'd be laughing at them.

Until he starts to win, I am going to consider him to be what his resume says he is.
When you say “we’d be laughing”, just to say “Me, Solar7”.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
When you say “we’d be laughing”, just to say “Me, Solar7”.
Ah, yeah, because in the Jim Tomsula years we were so nice to them.

As a Cardinals fan, I've been ripped on with "lol wtf is your team doing" comments pretty much up until the moment we got Hopkins.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose