NBA approves its return plan.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the NBA has a solid plan for restarting the season. Whether the players support it is another question.

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn

·
1h

Bam Adebayo, De’Aaron Fox, Kyle Kuzma, Donovan Mitchell and Jayson Tatum – members of the 2017 draft class soon eligible rookie extensions -- are talking with NBPA about facilitating with league on insurance allowances for players.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I am really torn on this, but would totally understand if the players follow the lead of Kyrie and Dwight Howard and sit it out. Rivers makes some good points, but does not recognize what a huge impact an NBA boycott would have.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am really torn on this, but would totally understand if the players follow the lead of Kyrie and Dwight Howard and sit it out. Rivers makes some good points, but does not recognize what a huge impact an NBA boycott would have.

Personally I would look to Lebron or someone else who is playing for leadership.

The remainder of this season and next season are so close together. Unless the players sit out both, I don't think it would make an impact. Also it might break the players union which the players worked so hard to build.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Personally I would look to Lebron or someone else who is playing for leadership.

The remainder of this season and next season are so close together. Unless the players sit out both, I don't think it would make an impact. Also it might break the players union which the players worked so hard to build.

Good point.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Asymptomatic players can now be tested and NBA will look towards saliva based testing by funding Yale School of Public Health study.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah as wonder if the NBA will suspend games and go right to the playoffs like that of the NHL is doing it?!

That's not the plan at the moment. The NBA is planning for 22 teams to play at Orlando with a play-in for the 8th playoff spot.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Patrick Beverley: “If [LeBron James] said he hooping. We all hooping.”
Patrick Beverley[/a] and LeBron James have had a beef on the court dating back years.'>Patrick Beverley and LeBron James have had a beef on the court dating back years.

Off the court, Beverley understands the power structure of the NBA.

Kyrie Irving[/a], Dwight Howard, CJ McCollum, and others have questioned if now is the right time to go to Orlando and play, saying it would stall the momentum of the Black Lives Matter movement. However, the game’s biggest star, LeBron, has championed a return to play and says players can impact social justice movements from Florida. Beverley took to Twitter to suggest how this is all going to play out.'>Stars such as Kyrie Irving, Dwight Howard, CJ McCollum, and others have questioned if now is the right time to go to Orlando and play, saying it would stall the momentum of the Black Lives Matter movement. However, the game’s biggest star, LeBron, has championed a return to play and says players can impact social justice movements from Florida. Beverley took to Twitter to suggest how this is all going to play out.
https://sports.yahoo.com/patrick-beverley-lebron-james-said-230510156.html

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It looks like the resumption of the NBA season is not in jeopardy.

ESPN's reporting with players, agents, the NBPA and league officials over the weekend found no indication that the NBA's return is in jeopardy -- or that there's even a significant group of players ready to sit out.

There are expected to be some players who decide not to play, sources said, but so far there's no indication that it's enough to compromise the league's plans to return, which have already been approved by the owners (29-1) and team representatives (28-0).

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id...iscussing-best-way-use-influence-blm-movement

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The WNBA is going to play. Can the NBA be far behind?

Players get payed much less in the WNBA so money might be more of a factor.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The WNBA is going to play. Can the NBA be far behind?

Players get payed much less in the WNBA so money might be more of a factor.

The WNBA just signed a new CBA allowing for their players to make more, by a substantial amount. Found this article about it, it was agreed to in March, it seems and gave players an 82% raise, roughly. I'll post a link an excerpt below.

For players with 0-2 years experience, the 2020 minimum base salary is $57,000 and for any player with 3 or more years in the league, it’s $68,000. What we learned by reading the document, is that any existing contract for the 2020 season and any after will automatically be adjusted up to the 2020 minimum base salary number.

The maximum player salary for veteran players also increased from $117,500 to $215,000 for 2020. While these numbers are nowhere close to men’s leagues (we’ll get to revenue share in a bit), it’s still an 82% increase. In 2021, players will also have the ability to sign maximum contracts after five years of service, instead of six under the prior CBA.

Here's that article...
https://highposthoops.com/2020/01/25/wnba-collective-bargaining-agreement-actually-says/

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The WNBA just signed a new CBA allowing for their players to make more, by a substantial amount. Found this article about it, it was agreed to in March, it seems and gave players an 82% raise, roughly. I'll post a link an excerpt below.

Here's that article...
https://highposthoops.com/2020/01/25/wnba-collective-bargaining-agreement-actually-says/

The pay increase is great and needed but they still lag far behind what NBA players make. They have more financial need to play than NBA players.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
WNBA said they will pay 100 percent of the slaries for thr upcoming season.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't think the WNBA pulls much in at the gate. This is a chance for them to get more exposure and more money.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lots of details coming in regarding the restart.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score