2020 Draft

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like the lottery will be based on March 11th standings.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Based upon what I'm reading, the Suns retain the 10th spot going into the lottery unless they make the playoffs or could move up to 9th if the Wizards make the playoffs.

From Arizona Sports:

“The 14 NBA lottery teams would be the eight teams that do not participate in the restart and the six teams that participate in the restart but do not qualify for the playoffs,” the NBA’s release said. “These teams would be seeded in the lottery and assigned odds based on their records through games of March 11.”

That means it is possible the Suns stick at 10th in in the lottery if they don’t make the playoffs. They could also move up to ninth if the Eastern Conference’s Washington Wizards, who on March 11 were a spot ahead of Phoenix in the lottery order, make the playoffs.

https://arizonasports.com/story/2303933/nba-announces-draft-lottery-rules-sets-date-for-august/

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shams Charania

@ShamsCharania
The NCAA says draft prospects have until 10 days after the NBA draft combine or Aug. 3, whichever comes first, to withdraw from the postponed 2020 draft.
1:17 PM · Jun 4, 2020

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In regard to the above, the draft is presently scheduled for October 15th.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Pull a mid-2000’s and sell the pick.

Why? They still need players. Lots of them. Booker, Ayton, Oubre, Bridges, Rubio and MAYBE Saric (if they re-sign him as a back-up) are the only NBA-worthy players on their 15-man roster. (I am not counting Baynes, who I am pretty sure is gone after the season.)

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
I'm really starting to like the idea of drafting okongwu from USC , not ideal PF pairing but him and ayton could form an impressive defensive/rebounding pair while he develops his offense. Going off the idea that gatoraz mentioned I bet the sun's could buy someone's pick to draft him or a PG and then the other with their own pick

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score

I wonder if we revisit the Kennard trade.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It would have been interesting if the Suns had traded for Kennard but it will still be hard for the Suns to make the playoffs in the current format.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'd trade our pick for him, provided it doesn't move up. I think the deal for him involved Okobo and Carter as well as our pick, which isn't a lot but I'd swap Jerome for Carter. I really like Carter and want him to be retained.

JerkFace

Reaction score
I'd trade our pick for him, provided it doesn't move up. I think the deal for him involved Okobo and Carter as well as our pick, which isn't a lot but I'd swap Jerome for Carter. I really like Carter and want him to be retained.

I like Kennard as a player and I don’t think he has hit his ceiling yet, but I am really nervous about the long term health of his knee.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

If we do this, what do we do for a power forward, as not only is our pick gone, but our cap space as well?

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Last year of Kennard's rookie deal, I would not give up a first for a guy who will either be a rental or will need of a fat extension.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like Kennard as a player and I don’t think he has hit his ceiling yet, but I am really nervous about the long term health of his knee.

This is what made me push the pause button.

I think a lot of us were trying to make sense of the trade if it happened more than identifying it as a trade most of us would pursue. If the trade was for like a couple of second round picks and filler it would have been attractive.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the Warriors land the number 1 pick and keep it, they are said to favor Anthony Edwards.

Sources have indicated to The Chronicle that if the Warriors land the No. 1 pick and decide not to trade down, they’ll likely take Georgia guard Anthony Edwards. If Golden State lands anywhere between Nos. 2 and No. 5, it’ll strongly consider Iowa State’s Tyrese Haliburton, Auburn’s Isaac Okoro and Israel’s Deni Avdija, among others.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/warriors/article/Warriors-offseason-primer-What-must-Golden-15321341.php

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I think players can master zoom if there will just be interviews with teams.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Medically, I am worried about the guy. I believe he suffered a serious injury when he hit the canopy while ejecting a while back.

I saw some mention of a hip injury in passing but nothing major. Do you have more information or a link? I'd like to read about it. Anthony Edwards is one of those players I didn't start a thread on. Mostly figured he was out of reach.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saddiq Bey is staying in the draft.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

JerkFace

Reaction score
Kellan Olson of Arizona Sports analyses the players in the upcoming draft. Precious Achiuwa is in tier 4 at #13.

He reminds me so much of Pascal Siakam. Worse case scenario is probably Clint Capela.

Every time I see his video, it screams draft me.

https://arizonasports.com/story/229...ft-big-board-pt-2-more-pgs-at-end-of-lottery/
It seems like a clear set of 9 players make up the top 9 on most analyst’s lists. With the Suns currently sitting at #10 it looks like unless someone sneaks up, we will be drafting from the next tier of players. I think Achiuwa is on top of that next tier of players. I really wish Wiseman could of played more games so that we could of gotten to see more of Achiuwa playing next to an “Ayton-like” center.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would be perfectly happy with Achiuwa at 10.

It seems like a clear set of 9 players make up the top 9 on most analyst’s lists. With the Suns currently sitting at #10 it looks like unless someone sneaks up, we will be drafting from the next tier of players. I think Achiuwa is on top of that next tier of players. I really wish Wiseman could of played more games so that we could of gotten to see more of Achiuwa playing next to an “Ayton-like” center.

I'd be thrilled if Achiuwa was still there at #10. If there was a combine, I think he is a player that might rise.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose