NBA approves its return plan.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He’s the worst defender in the league and would be our 2nd best PG by a mile. What does that tell you.

It tells me the Suns minimally need to add another point guard or combo guard this coming off season.

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
I wonder what will be the plan for broadcasting the games. I am sure TNT & ESPN will be broadcasting games nightly but I wonder about the regional sports networks and even NBA tv

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
I wonder what will be the plan for broadcasting the games. I am sure TNT & ESPN will be broadcasting games nightly but I wonder about the regional sports networks and even NBA tv
Good question. Makes me wonder if I'm going to get a refund on my League Pass.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The NBA will have a transaction window for all 30 teams starting around June 22nd.

I believe the Suns have one spot open on their 15 man roster.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shams Charania
@ShamsCharania

Sources: The NBA and NBPA have agreed to conduct performance-enhancing drug testing during resumed 2019-20 season in Orlando — but tests for recreational drugs will remain suspended.
11:53 AM · Jun 8, 2020

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shams Charania
@ShamsCharania

Sources: Expected protocol if an NBA player leaves the Orlando bubble: Quarantined for no less than 10 days and must have two negative coronavirus tests.
11:53 AM · Jun 8, 2020

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tentative NBA postseason dates.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
NBA to open “transaction window” around June 22 for teams to sign players before restart
Starting likely June 22 and lasting about a week (the details are not finalized and sent teams) there will be a one week “transaction window” where teams can do things such as:
• Convert two-way players to regular contracts
• Sign free agents to contracts (Jamal Crawford is the biggest name available)
• Convert players on 10-day contracts to standard contracts for the remainder of the season (the Clippers signed Joakim Noah to a 10-day just before the shutdown, for example).
https://sports.yahoo.com/nba-open-transaction-window-around-023329532.html

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I've always been surprised by the esteem granted to Jamal Crawford. IMO, at his best, he was nothing better than a chucker off the bench, a 50/50 chance to either put your team on a run or play so terribly that you gotta yank him ASAP. He is extremely selfish while being a mediocre shooter, a sub par passer and a flat out awful defensive player.

Personally, I am glad he was never added to the roster. He was one of our worst players in 18/19 and I don't see how another year would have given him any more flavor.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've always been surprised by the esteem granted to Jamal Crawford. IMO, at his best, he was nothing better than a chucker off the bench, a 50/50 chance to either put your team on a run or play so terribly that you gotta yank him ASAP. He is extremely selfish while being a mediocre shooter, a sub par passer and a flat out awful defensive player.

Personally, I am glad he was never added to the roster. He was one of our worst players in 18/19 and I don't see how another year would have given him any more flavor.

I don't understand where you come up with the idea he was one of the worst players on the roster last season. Was he great? No, but he provided a steady veteran presence who could create for himself and others. He averaged more assists per game than everyone except Booker and Tyler Johnson and his assist to turnover ratio was better than any of the plug and play PG's like Okobo, Melton, Canaan, or Jawun Evans. His FG% was down some but he was playing out of position as a PG, which is something he hadn't done for over a decade. Unlike the last few years, he didn't share the court with any offensive threats other than Booker so opposing defenses were able to contest his shots more and apply more pressure overall than he had to deal with in some time.

He would have been a better fit on this years roster and would have played to his strengths more as a bench scorer. Yes, he can be a chucker but no more than Tyler Johnson was before he got glued to the bench. I'd much rather have Crawford forcing offense than Tyler. Ideally there would be someone else who came off the bench who could create for themselves and others but that was a gaping hole in the 2nd unit all year.

Plus he showed he's a solid veteran leader while here, much more than some guys who were paid specifically to be veteran leaders like Chandler, Dudley, and Ariza. He's also more productive than those guys, still.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jamal Crawford would have been better backup than anyone the Suns had this season behind Rubio. I guess the Suns decided to go with younger players and guaranteed contracts although the Suns had an open roster spot after waiving Tyler Johnson.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Next season might be more condensed so there would be more back-to-back games if this happens.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Kevin Harlan: TNT crews will call games from Atlanta studio
“What I’ve heard from the folks at TNT is we will be in the studios in Atlanta and they will set up as close to possible a broadcast table like we would have courtside,” Harlan said.

“The one thing I have heard is that not until the conference finals would there be any consideration for broadcasters being in this setting. That might be the first time that an actual broadcaster might be on-site, doing a conference final, and of course, the NBA Finals.”
https://sports.yahoo.com/kevin-harlan-tnt-crews-call-130022363.html

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NBA will evaluate risk for team personnel.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There will be a provision for players who do not want to restart the season.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Parameters of players returning to play are being discussed.

Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn

The NBA and NBPA are nearing completion on items needed to reach a final agreement on parameters of a return-to-play, sources said. Some players with hesitation have been discussing a number of issues on return, including family concerns, COVID-19, social justice, and more.
2:41 PM · Jun 10, 2020

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn

Sources: If a player has a medical issue that might be cause for him to be excused from the Orlando restart, he would be allowed to undergo an independent examination process. Even if the player was told that he’s fit to play, he could still stay home without consequence.
3:00 PM · Jun 10, 2020

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't understand where you come up with the idea he was one of the worst players on the roster last season. Was he great? No, but he provided a steady veteran presence who could create for himself and others. He averaged more assists per game than everyone except Booker and Tyler Johnson and his assist to turnover ratio was better than any of the plug and play PG's like Okobo, Melton, Canaan, or Jawun Evans. His FG% was down some but he was playing out of position as a PG, which is something he hadn't done for over a decade. Unlike the last few years, he didn't share the court with any offensive threats other than Booker so opposing defenses were able to contest his shots more and apply more pressure overall than he had to deal with in some time.

He would have been a better fit on this years roster and would have played to his strengths more as a bench scorer. Yes, he can be a chucker but no more than Tyler Johnson was before he got glued to the bench. I'd much rather have Crawford forcing offense than Tyler. Ideally there would be someone else who came off the bench who could create for themselves and others but that was a gaping hole in the 2nd unit all year.

Plus he showed he's a solid veteran leader while here, much more than some guys who were paid specifically to be veteran leaders like Chandler, Dudley, and Ariza. He's also more productive than those guys, still.

Man... I just don't see it. He is a chucker who was bad at chucking. He might be an alright locker room guy but he was a disaster on both ends of the court for the Suns. He couldn't shoot, he was putrid on defense, we got outscored by MORE with him on the court than when Okobo, Canaan, Daniels, Tyler Johnson or Melton were on the court, and by a significant margin.

I think Crawford didn't get signed by anyone because he is washed up.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man... I just don't see it. He is a chucker who was bad at chucking. He might be an alright locker room guy but he was a disaster on both ends of the court for the Suns. He couldn't shoot, he was putrid on defense, we got outscored by MORE with him on the court than when Okobo, Canaan, Daniels, Tyler Johnson or Melton were on the court, and by a significant margin.

I think Crawford didn't get signed by anyone because he is washed up.

I think he was better than an "alright" locker room guy but yeah, he was almost always a disaster on both ends. It seemed to me that his few good performances came in those games where the other team was so assured of victory that they just went through the motions. And even then, much of what he did on offense was given right back on defense. I still would have brought him back as a leader, a cheerleader and a good role model for the young guys but if you need him on the court, you've probably already lost the game.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Plan for replacement players growing.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
D'Antoni will coach for Rockets in Orlando.