The Walking Dead (AMC)

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I love when people who have zero knowledge of how the tv industry works talk about what it should and shouldn't be doing as far as production, post-production, screen-writing or really anything that has to do with actual making of a tv show or film.

tell me more about my industry and how we could be finishing shows all on the computer?
Not saying I have as much experience as you, but I did work in a television department for 15 years as one of their computer guys.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not saying I have as much experience as you, but I did work in a television department for 15 years as one of their computer guys.

in a scripted TV department as an IT guy?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I’m not saying you have no knowledge, I will say though at my work which is an actual television network, our IT department knows nothing about television or media.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
My daughter and I started rewatching from the beginning. It's her first time through and my second. It's crazy how much I forgot. Even entire characters.

Seasons 2-4 were awesome tv. We're still on season 4, and I can't remember if it started to drop off during season 5 or 6.

First few seasons were GOT caliber addicting but then it went to crap

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
in a scripted TV department as an IT guy?
In a military testing environment. We had to marry the video and computer technology togother to do state of the art stuff. So we moved equipment, even video editing CGI capapble systems all over the southwestern desert. So I know these systems can be moved, and operated in less than ideal conditions because we had to get it done. Scripted stuff would be easier than capturing events that you have no idea of what will happen.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
In a military testing environment. We had to marry the video and computer technology togother to do state of the art stuff. So we moved equipment, even video editing CGI capapble systems all over the southwestern desert. So I know these systems can be moved, and operated in less than ideal conditions because we had to get it done. Scripted stuff would be easier than capturing events that you have no idea of what will happen.
We did our share of scripted stuff for videos for viewing elsewhere.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I guess the bottom line I am saying, is you don't know how many times we told people what they were asking for could not be done and/or in the time frame they wanted. Every single time we were ordered to do it. Every single time we got it done. High tech computer and video systems in the desert do not always go toigether, We were constrained by wires, storage of the video snd didgital data, and transfer speeds. Now everything is faster, streaming, you can buy unlimited storage capapbilities! It doesn't take all night just to transfer data to be edited. I guess I am looking at all the hurdles we had to cross, and seeing how evolved stuff is now, and thinking, "really? you can't get it done?" I know it's not a matter of national security, but I have to call BS they can't do the CG remotely.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I guess the bottom line I am saying, is you don't know how many times we told people what they were asking for could not be done and/or in the time frame they wanted. Every single time we were ordered to do it. Every single time we got it done. High tech computer and video systems in the desert do not always go toigether, We were constrained by wires, storage of the video snd didgital data, and transfer speeds. Now everything is faster, streaming, you can buy unlimited storage capapbilities! It doesn't take all night just to transfer data to be edited. I guess I am looking at all the hurdles we had to cross, and seeing how evolved stuff is now, and thinking, "really? you can't get it done?" I know it's not a matter of national security, but I have to call BS they can't do the CG remotely.

I'm not an insider like Cheese, but TV stations are going to look a the COST of what you're talking about and say, "Yeah, eff that."

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Image from season 10!!!!!

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Image from season 10!!!!!

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Isn't season 10 the one that we are just waiting for the finale? Pretty sure that image is from Michonne's final episode

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Gonna suck waiting till October was hoping for September but will be here soon enough!! Sure we will get more trailer's

And 6 more episodes!!! That is insane sure most will be around new character and Maggie return

So pumped and king has resurfaced the wd after gimp left and killed carl

Still think old man carl would be bad ass now especially in negan change

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it mentioned the extra episodes being 2021. Fear starts a week after this finale comes out on october 11th. hmm.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
maybe in a few days itll show up but for now googling doesnt do much. I am seeing season 10 finale october 4th. I'm seeing world beyond premiere october 4th but then also seeing fear premier october 11th so I dont know if they will all run at the same time or what. it mentions the 5 or 6 bonus episodes of walking dead are in 2021 so maybe we only get the finale of season 10 and then we have fear and world beyond running at the same time. no idea.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
super bummer, season 11 to be the final season, a larger season, but the final season. There is still so much ground to cover that they must be doing more time jumps again. They are spinning shows off of the walking dead but with how absolutely terrible seasons 1 and five of fear were, ESPECIALLY season 5, I do not have a lot of faith in spinoffs. World beyond looks like the CW version of the walking dead. I will be watching it but I do not have high hopes for it.

There is a Daryl and Carol spinoff in the works which could be good but again we saw how morgan became a terrible character on FEAR and just because good characters are spinning off doesnt give me confidence it will work. Beyond that, if TWD ties in to the three factions, I don't see how Daryl and Carol go off on their own without continuing to search for Rick, leave their group behind, etc.

We'll see.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
I'm not one to give up on shows, but I have to admit I wasn't disappointed when I switched from Vue to YoutubeTV and lost all my FTWD episodes. Not sure where we were, but my son is the biggest TWD fan I know and he wasn't disappointed either.

On a separate note, my son, daughter and I have been binge watching TWD on netflix and we're on season 9. It's sooo much better to watch binging, especially the later seasons when it starts to drag.

I'm glad they made the announcement, so we know when the end is coming.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
super bummer, season 11 to be the final season, a larger season, but the final season. There is still so much ground to cover that they must be doing more time jumps again. They are spinning shows off of the walking dead but with how absolutely terrible seasons 1 and five of fear were, ESPECIALLY season 5, I do not have a lot of faith in spinoffs. World beyond looks like the CW version of the walking dead. I will be watching it but I do not have high hopes for it.

There is a Daryl and Carol spinoff in the works which could be good but again we saw how morgan became a terrible character on FEAR and just because good characters are spinning off doesnt give me confidence it will work. Beyond that, if TWD ties in to the three factions, I don't see how Daryl and Carol go off on their own without continuing to search for Rick, leave their group behind, etc.

We'll see.

Wow! I hope they can pull it off in a good way. I'm still watching the main TWD, but just couldn't hang with FTW and I have zero interest in the WB one.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow! I hope they can pull it off in a good way. I'm still watching the main TWD, but just couldn't hang with FTW and I have zero interest in the WB one.

Ill watch anything in the universe with some hope. I thought season 3 of FTW was really, really good and season 4 was good. season 5 was as bad as it gets and I regret watching it. If season 6 is good, skipping season 5 will mean you really missed nothing.

I have to give world beyond a shot but....I dont have faith. not right now.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not one to give up on shows, but I have to admit I wasn't disappointed when I switched from Vue to YoutubeTV and lost all my FTWD episodes. Not sure where we were, but my son is the biggest TWD fan I know and he wasn't disappointed either.

On a separate note, my son, daughter and I have been binge watching TWD on netflix and we're on season 9. It's sooo much better to watch binging, especially the later seasons when it starts to drag.

I'm glad they made the announcement, so we know when the end is coming.

I wish I didnt know but I cant stop it from popping up everywhere in my feed. Also the rumors of spin offs essentially say "x person will not die" which is always a bummer to know.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Been pulling for a Daryl/Carol hookup for a long time. Hope they go with it and co it well...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose