Breaking Bad (AMC)

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
could be through the eyes of walt, jesse after the conclusion of the show or something else.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Watched the pilot. AMAZING. Writing is fantastic, characters are great. Aside from some the obvious stereotypes, I absolutely loved it. AMC has sucked at movies for years now, but with Mad Men and now this, they are really doing some great work in the hour long format. I HIGHLY recommend checking this out. The show is available in on demnd as well. SUndays at 10 here in the east.

Can we talk about what the show actually is now, CHeese?

10 year anniversary!

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment...ranston-aaron-paul-break-pilot-142151768.html

'Breaking Bad' turns 10: Vince Gilligan, Bryan Cranston, and Aaron Paul break down the pilot

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
I am a little hesitant to make this post. Until tonight I have not watched a single episode of Breaking Bad. Tonight I watched the first 4 episodes (of 62 I believe). When this show first came out, about the time we went to the Super Bowl I believe, my kids (young men) said it was the greatest show and I should watch it. I read the storyline and it did not appeal to me. I was born in 1951 and grew up during the drug fueled 60's and 70's. But I never got into drugs, whether it be MJ, heroin, crack, cocaine, meth or whatever. I did like beer though. Seriously, I am 68 years old and have never smoked MJ, or lied about not inhaling it. I had a hard time through the first 4 episodes because of this. I like the acting but I am not sure I want to spend another 50 hours or so watching this show. I know it is early, but I prefer Ozark over what I have seen so far. Is it worth another 50 plus hours of my time? I have an open mind but now sure how to proceed.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am a little hesitant to make this post. Until tonight I have not watched a single episode of Breaking Bad. Tonight I watched the first 4 episodes (of 62 I believe). When this show first came out, about the time we went to the Super Bowl I believe, my kids (young men) said it was the greatest show and I should watch it. I read the storyline and it did not appeal to me. I was born in 1951 and grew up during the drug fueled 60's and 70's. But I never got into drugs, whether it be MJ, heroin, crack, cocaine, meth or whatever. I did like beer though. Seriously, I am 68 years old and have never smoked MJ, or lied about not inhaling it. I had a hard time through the first 4 episodes because of this. I like the acting but I am not sure I want to spend another 50 hours or so watching this show. I know it is early, but I prefer Ozark over what I have seen so far. Is it worth another 50 plus hours of my time? I have an open mind but not sure how to proceed.

Keep watching. Seriously. It gets better and better and has so many layers and great characters.

OP
OP
Cheesebeef

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am a little hesitant to make this post. Until tonight I have not watched a single episode of Breaking Bad. Tonight I watched the first 4 episodes (of 62 I believe). When this show first came out, about the time we went to the Super Bowl I believe, my kids (young men) said it was the greatest show and I should watch it. I read the storyline and it did not appeal to me. I was born in 1951 and grew up during the drug fueled 60's and 70's. But I never got into drugs, whether it be MJ, heroin, crack, cocaine, meth or whatever. I did like beer though. Seriously, I am 68 years old and have never smoked MJ, or lied about not inhaling it. I had a hard time through the first 4 episodes because of this. I like the acting but I am not sure I want to spend another 50 hours or so watching this show. I know it is early, but I prefer Ozark over what I have seen so far. Is it worth another 50 plus hours of my time? I have an open mind but now sure how to proceed.

keep watching. Ozark is wannabe breaking bad. And the first season of BB got screwed up because of the Writer's Strike right in the middle of it. It's a solid first season, but it really gets going in S2 and flies into the pantheon of peak TV before that phrase was ever coined in Season 3.

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
One of my favorite shows all time.

The scene revolves around drug by the real topic is the mind of humans. The transformation of Walter White is one of the most scary things ever depicted.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

the show isnt really about doing drugs, at all. It is more so about the life of drug dealers and the transformation of a man who went from doing what he had to do, to doing what he wanted to do. It is phenomenal.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the show isnt really about doing drugs, at all. It is more so about the life of drug dealers and the transformation of a man who went from doing what he had to do, to doing what he wanted to do. It is phenomenal.

Totally agree. I've never smoked, drank, or done any drugs and I love this show. Incredible slow burn moments that pay off so well. I've watched it from start to finish twice.

Huge BCS fan, too. Also - liked El Camino.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
for whatever reason, I cannot find this thread unless I go through my alerts:

You must be registered for see images attach

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Totally agree. I've never smoked, drank, or done any drugs and I love this show. Incredible slow burn moments that pay off so well. I've watched it from start to finish twice.

Huge BCS fan, too. Also - liked El Camino.

The repeated image of the teddy bear in the pool was brilliant.

SpokaneCardfan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Ot took me about 4 episodes to really stay to get into it. I couldn't stand Jessi at first but he really grew on me. Judy keep watching it will grow on you.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ot took me about 4 episodes to really stay to get into it. I couldn't stand Jessi at first but he really grew on me. Judy keep watching it will grow on you.

I couldn't stand Jesse all the way through the series...... it was the development of the relationship with Walter that made it so danged interesting.

Remember.... Never trust a drug addict..... ;)

AZ Native

Reaction score
I just finished watching the last episode in Season 3. Wow, this is growing on me. I still do not like Jesse but understand his role in this. Am I the only one who is awe of Walt's wife? Not Ted F#$$kd me but I F#$$kd Ted. Brutal. Regardless, this is getting better and better and although I know it is going on 2 more seasons, I can't wait to see what happens. I appreciate the input from Cheese and think he nailed it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Cheesebeef

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just finished watching the last episode in Season 3. Wow, this is growing on me. I still do not like Jesse but understand his role in this. Am I the only one who is awe of Walt's wife? Regardless, this is getting better and better and although I know it is going on 2 more seasons, I can't wait to see what happens. I appreciate the input from Cheese and think he nailed it.

end of Season 3... second to last episode is RUN, right? And last episode is Gayle? I can't remember the seasons now, but RUN was easily my favorite moment in the show and probably any moment in TV.

such simplicity. RUN.

AZ Native

Reaction score
end of Season 3... second to last episode is RUN, right? And last episode is Gayle? I can't remember the seasons now, but RUN was easily my favorite moment in the show and probably any moment in TV.

such simplicity. RUN.
Yes, great memory. Quite the complement coming from you (he who nailed the first post of this almost 1000 posts thread). I finished season 4 just now and going to start season 5. It has been tough, but I have not read anything about future episodes as I watch. My wife is wondering why I am always in the bedroom watching this. But my son knows.

SpokaneCardfan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yes, great memory. Quite the complement coming from you (he who nailed the first post of this almost 1000 posts thread). I finished season 4 just now and going to start season 5. It has been tough, but I have not read anything about future episodes as I watch. My wife is wondering why I am always in the bedroom watching this. But my son knows.
Oh! you are coming up on Ozymandias. That was my favorite episode from the series. Could be my top episode from any TV show.

OP
OP
Cheesebeef

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh! you are coming up on Ozymandias. That was my favorite episode from the series. Could be my top episode from any TV show.

agree. Ozymandias is the single greatest episode of any show in TV history, IMO. An absolutely soul-shattering, riveting hour of TV unlike any I've ever seen.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave