Positive Media Vibe on Cardinals

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Well no OC, just a pas game coordinator no run game coordinator, we went to the run game to survive, but never prioritized it ! That’s BS to me - see if that changes.

Well, from my understanding most teams do not have a 'pass' or 'run' coordinator, but simply this guy who serves as the OC which at times can be the coach. The Cards did run the ball very well for the later half even if they did not have a guy with a title of RC... also great to see you posting THESMEL and running the 'run' down our throats which gives this forum some normalcy, you sir are a signature of this forum :)
You must be registered for see images attach

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
We don’t have an OC either? Last time I checked, just a pass game coordinator - I mean I’m open to innovation, but am sure we had more success when we had any success at the run game beyond KM, he was hurt, but not down at the end of the year. Without his running we had crap balance. I hope he survives long term but don’t really expect it. He’s still a unicorn.

yep like I said no OC just clements as pass game coordinator/qbs. Saxon shouldering the backs as a positional coach, but no strong voice for balance, until we have too. Just like the last 20 years, we were the worse at running, get a smudge of run success - and we almost win the Super Bowl! You know if we didn’t run only 10 god damned times we might have won it. Like the 99 yard int at the end of the first 1/2. Still true - can’t beat it out of me.

https://www.azcardinals.com/team/coaches-roster/

Last edited:

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
We don’t have an OC either? Last time I checked, just a pass game coordinator - I mean I’m open to innovation, but am sure we had more success when we had any success at the run game beyond KM, he was hurt, but not down at the end of the year. Without his running we had crap balance. I hope he survives long term but don’t really expect it. He’s still a unicorn.

yep like I said no OC just clements as pass game coordinator/qbs. Saxon shouldering the backs as a positional coach, but no strong voice for balance, until we have too. Just like the last 20 years, we were the worse at running, get a smudge of run success - and we almost win the Super Bowl! You know if we didn’t run only 10 god damned times we might have won it. Like the 99 yard int at the end of the first 1/2. Still true - can’t beat it out of me.

https://www.azcardinals.com/team/coaches-roster/
Fake news we had 12 rushes in the game...:biglaugh:

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The rest of the division are multiple years into their systems, weren't picking in the top ten, and didn't add a player who desperately needs to get more time in his multiple roles.

If you think we're on the same level of experience from coaching on down in the NFL compared to our opponents, I don't know what to tell ya.
I believe SF has a relatively new system. Same for the Rams. Only Pete Carroll is many years into his system.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I believe SF has a relatively new system. Same for the Rams. Only Pete Carroll is many years into his system.
McVay and Shanahan both have three years there. That's not new in NFL terms. They know 100% what they're doing each week, and most of their skill players have multiple years in the system. Our "big three" has played a combined 24 games in our current system. That's not anywhere near what the other teams have at their disposal.

Last edited:

swagron

All Star
Reaction score
It's great to see the positive media vibe concerning the Cardinals for the upcoming season. Multiple outlets have mentioned the Cardinals as one of the most improved teams and one of the dark horse playoff contenders. Also, many have identified the Cardinals as one of the teams that has improved the most in the off-season with an excellent draft and free agency acquisitions. The last couple of years have been rough, like so many other off-seasons, with no real hope of playoff contention. This season is different and I'm lovin it!

Every team (and their media outlets) are optimistic right now.

OP
OP
Card'em

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score
Every team (and their media outlets) are optimistic right now.

I agree that hope springs eternal this time of year, but for the last couple of years nobody and I mean nobody picked the Cardinals as "the surprise team" or the potential playoff team. Things are definitely different this year.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose