Lost ended 10 years ago today

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
The season 3 ending blew my mind. Still one of my favorite shows of all time.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
So they did eventually show whatever the giant killer monster they absolutely cheated the audience because they refused to show it in the pilot? ;)

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
So they did eventually show whatever the giant killer monster they absolutely cheated the audience because they refused to show it in the pilot? ;)
Huh? Yeah, it was on screen by the end of S1 and throughout S2 and we found it what it actually was in the later seasons.

Maybe stop commenting on shows you have never seen and probably never will... ;)

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
FYI: All seasons are available for free (with ads) on IMDb TV.

I saw that. I watched a movie on IMDB TV a while back and the ads actually weren't too bad. I think it was just 30 seconds every half hour or so. My daughter and I are thinking about re-watching it, which would be #3 for me.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw that. I watched a movie on IMDB TV a while back and the ads actually weren't too bad. I think it was just 30 seconds every half hour or so. My daughter and I are thinking about re-watching it, which would be #3 for me.

I've never seen it. Watched two episodes last night.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
The 2-part pilot is among the very best Pilots in tv history. Thinking back, there might be only 1 or 2 episodes in Season 1 that are actually better than the pilot. 1 arguably for sure: Walkabout.

Stout

Reaction score
The 2-part pilot is among the very best Pilots in tv history. Thinking back, there might be only 1 or 2 episodes in Season 1 that are actually better than the pilot. 1 arguably for sure: Walkabout.

Clearly I disagree, but just as clearly, a lot of people liked the 2-part pilot.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Clearly I disagree, but just as clearly, a lot of people liked the 2-part pilot.
Clearly? Since when has your thoughts on this show and the pilot specifically been “clear?” Because they didn’t show the monster in the pilot? Really? You truly know next to nothing about serialized television.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Clearly? Since when has your thoughts on this show and the pilot specifically been “clear?” Because they didn’t show the monster in the pilot? Really? You truly know next to nothing about serialized television.

Not showing a monster is a gripe? That's how most movies or TV shows work. Save the reveal for later in the story.

Stout

Reaction score

Or you can be uncivil and get like you get sometimes. Since "always" have my thoughts on this show and the pilot been clear. And clearly it upsets you that I don't like it. Your holier-than-thou "Stout knows nothing" is hollow and meaningless.

It's simple: I didn't dig the trope (not NOT showing the monster, but the way they teased it), and I didn't care to watch further because of it. Like now, when a show opens with "how we got here," I tend not to watch. Not my bag.

I find it insane that there are people that don't love Firefly. But that's okay. They're allowed, to not like it, to post about, and to argue about it. That's what makes a forum.

Stout

Reaction score
Not showing a monster is a gripe? That's how most movies or TV shows work. Save the reveal for later in the story.

No, that's an oversimplification. I didn't want to hash out the whole argument of old. It's how they did it. Really reminiscent of the cheap Cloverfield "ah, ah, things are happening, but you can't seeee it somehow." Felt really cheap and I just didn't like it. Not a patch on those who did.

Yes, I know Lost came out first. I was using the easy comparison to describe the trope.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Or you can be uncivil and get like you get sometimes. Since "always" have my thoughts on this show and the pilot been clear. And clearly it upsets you that I don't like it. Your holier-than-thou "Stout knows nothing" is hollow and meaningless.

It's simple: I didn't dig the trope (not NOT showing the monster, but the way they teased it), and I didn't care to watch further because of it. Like now, when a show opens with "how we got here," I tend not to watch. Not my bag.

I find it insane that there are people that don't love Firefly. But that's okay. They're allowed, to not like it, to post about, and to argue about it. That's what makes a forum.
You're full of it on this one. Serialized television my friend. Serialized television.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score

And here we go. We watched S1E1 last night.

My daughter, son and I have been watching The Walking Dead on netflix almost nightly during the quarantine. We made it to season 9. I just moved my son into an ASU apartment on Monday, so now I'm down to 1 kid at home. In his absence we're looking for a new show.

My daughter and I watched Lost all the way through about 5 years ago when she was 8. A lot of it went over her head, and she's forgotten a lot, so she wanted to rewatch it.

I had a lot of fun reading through the Lost threads during watch #2, so I'll probably skim through the threads again. There's a lot of fun stuff in there and some crazy speculations.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose