Fitzgerald surprises young fan on final day of cancer treatment

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Larry being Larry. Check out the video on the "here" link.

Arizona Cardinals receiver Larry Fitzgerald surprised a 9-year-old on his final day of cancer treatment via a Zoom call Thursday.

Tennyson Erickson of Platte, S.D. previously visited Cardinals mini-camp in 2018 while battling acute lymphoblastic leukemia. With help from the Make-A-Wish Foundation, he met Fitzgerald back then. ESPN covered the story with a video here that showed Tennyson signing a contract with the team.

https://arizonasports.com/story/230...s-young-fan-on-final-day-of-cancer-treatment/

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Such a great story in the middle of all the current chaos.

What I realized yesterday was that when the kid originally got to meet Larry, it was through Make a Wish - which means the kid was NOT expected to live. Now, he's finished his treatments and is cancer-free. How awesome is that?

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
I love the fact that my 11 year old son texted me the link to this story and said “awesome”. I am so lucky to have Larry in his life as a role model. Can’t imagine having to explain away player behaviors to my son if we were Cowboys fans...

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I didn't need the above story to know that Larry is special. When I watched him deliver a eulogy for John McCain, I put him down as a finalist for the Human Hall of Fame. Now, after reading his Op-Ed piece, I have him as a first ballot HHOF-er.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA