How Do Opposing Beat Writers View The Cardinals in 2020

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just another phenomenal article by the Athletic. They give you daily great coverage of your favorite teams and well worth the yearly subscription.

https://theathletic.com/1818677/202...-the-cardinals-and-phoenix/?source=dailyemail

Overall everyone is impressed / likes Murray. Everyone isn't sure about Kliff. No one really dislikes us like they despise everyone else in the division. I loved reading where they like to eat / visit while in Phoenix. Wendy and I call RnR in Old Town Douchebagistan so funny that is the Seahawks favorite place to visit.

Some Excerpts

Matt Barrows, 49ers beat writer

Best asset, player: As any longtime NFC West observer will note, a quarterback who can buy extra seconds with his feet and then launch a pass 55 yards down the field is worth his weight in gold. The 49ers have used most of their assets to build an imposing defensive line, which against most teams has been a winning tactic. Kyler Murray doesn’t entirely negate that advantage for the 49ers. But he frustrated them twice during his rookie season and reminded everyone in the Bay Area of longtime nemesis Russell Wilson.

Michael Shawn-Dugar, Seahawks beat writer

How does your fan base perceive the Cardinals: The Seahawks fan base doesn’t really think about the Cardinals in a meaningful way. Sure, when they’re the next opponent on the schedule people are concerned, and they love traveling to Arizona, but there’s no long-standing beef with the Arizona fans like there is with San Francisco. And there’s not really any running jokes about the team like there was with Jeff Fisher’s 7-9 Rams, or the current jokes about Jared Goff, who Seahawks fans don’t think is very good. Seattle respects the hell out of Larry Fitzgerald, who might be the most likable guy in the league. They might legitimately be sad when he retires in 2036. The move to acquire DeAndre Hopkins, coupled with the maturation of Murray might change things, though. We could be in for a few years of Wilson, DK Metcalf and Tyler Lockett going to war with Murray and Hopkins, which is a fireworks show that might spark an actual rivalry between the two cities.

Jourdan Rodrigue, Rams beat writer

The 2020 prediction: 9-7. Murray wins a couple of these all by himself. But the NFC West is too fierce a competition ground; the division simply can’t avoid cannibalizing itself.

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Rams writer grew up in Az. Here is her food day

Favorite place to eat when in the Valley: I have too many favorites to count, so I’ll take you through my “perfect” food day in the Valley.

Breakfast: Breakfast burrito with extra bacon and plenty of green sauce from Burrito Express in Chandler/Mesa, take it to-go and eat as you drive downtown to Matt’s Big Breakfast for some pancakes. Stop at Dutch Bros for an iced soy caramelizer to really give you a kick.

Lunch: Taco Tour! First hit Tacos Chiwas and eat out on the little patio in the sunshine. Then roll over to Tacos Huichos and load up on the otherworldly al pastor, before heading to Little Miss BBQ to see if they have anything delicious left that day.

Maybe take a nap at this point.

Dinner: I am torn between a burger at The Stand, or a sit-down meal at The Welcome Diner. How about both, and a Tums afterward?

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Breakfast: Breakfast burrito with extra bacon and plenty of green sauce from Burrito Express in Chandler/Mesa,

Little Miss BBQ
Two of my favs.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Favorite place to eat when in the Valley: I have too many favorites to count, so I’ll take you through my “perfect” food day in the Valley.

Breakfast: Breakfast burrito with extra bacon and plenty of green sauce from Burrito Express in Chandler/Mesa, take it to-go and eat as you drive downtown to Matt’s Big Breakfast for some pancakes. Stop at Dutch Bros for an iced soy caramelizer to really give you a kick.

Lunch: Taco Tour! First hit Tacos Chiwas and eat out on the little patio in the sunshine. Then roll over to Tacos Huichos and load up on the otherworldly al pastor, before heading to Little Miss BBQ to see if they have anything delicious left that day.

Dinner: I am torn between a burger at The Stand, or a sit-down meal at The Welcome Diner. How about both, and a Tums afterward?
wow. she can eat. Eat a breakfast burrito on the way to eat pancakes? geez.

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

When will people realize you aren't biologically built to consume that much food?

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I gave this one of my rare "awesome article" ratings @Chris_Sanders. Wonder if they take that feedback into consideration.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, I went against my own advice and ate an entire breakfast burrito for lunch and now I am fat, lazy and unmotivated to work.

it was sooooo good. Had some Verde salsa from Winco that blew away that runny garbage salsa the mexican joints around here like to pass out.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score

How do people eat like this? I eat once a day and I'm bloated after it.

I can eat big, but only once.

Reaction score

I love Burrito Express. I always get a red & a green burrito.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cleaner and faster filibertos style joint. More Americanized but still Mex food. Try the hot machaca and egg.

mryeahbut

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
My GF & I really loved Matt's Big Breakfast. We ate there right before our flight back to Louisville. They were nice & let us keep our luggage up front while we ate. That place has an awesome breakfast. We will definitely go back next time we're in Phoenix.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave