Creed II

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Stallone didn't write Creed.
So? Cooler did well, but if you think Stallone had no input on that script, come on...

EDIT: Let me put it another way...

I think your opinion is absolutely valid in 1990 and throughout the next decade. That's why Rocky 6 didn't show up until 2006. But Rocky Balboa, again, was a decent movie. So not sure why 28 years later you are saying Stallone ran the series into the ground. Seems to me 2006 breathed new life into the series and Creed solidified it.

And just so you know, Stallone IS credited with working on the screenplay with Coogler.

As for Coogler, you gotta think Creed was written back in 2013, since the film itself came out in 2015. At that time, Coogler's resume included Fruitvale Station and a bunch of short films. He had written Creed as a spinoff that Stallone took and re-edited. Coogler simply didn't have the reputation yet to be solely responsible for Creed.

Last edited:

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So? Cooler did well, but if you think Stallone had no input on that script, come on...

EDIT: Let me put it another way...

I think your opinion is absolutely valid in 1990 and throughout the next decade. That's why Rocky 6 didn't show up until 2006. But Rocky Balboa, again, was a decent movie. So not sure why 28 years later you are saying Stallone ran the series into the ground. Seems to me 2006 breathed new life into the series and Creed solidified it.

And just so you know, Stallone IS credited with working on the screenplay with Coogler.

As for Coogler, you gotta think Creed was written back in 2013, since the film itself came out in 2015. At that time, Coogler's resume included Fruitvale Station and a bunch of short films. He had written Creed as a spinoff that Stallone took and re-edited. Coogler simply didn't have the reputation yet to be solely responsible for Creed.

Big fan Huh.

I mean that's cool but just not my cup of tea. I've seen this movie. Let me guess good guy goes through ups and downs doubts himself only to find his inner strength and motivation.

Fight night comes it's a tough fight looks like the good guy might be done for but wait!! He comes rallying back and it's a happy ending?

Did I get it right? Give me a reason to see this, I mean I loved Creed but the second I seen Drago in the trailer I was out

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Big fan Huh.

I mean that's cool but just not my cup of tea. I've seen this movie. Let me guess good guy goes through ups and downs doubts himself only to find his inner strength and motivation.

Fight night comes it's a tough fight looks like the good guy might be done for but wait!! He comes rallying back and it's a happy ending?

Did I get it right? Give me a reason to see this, I mean I loved Creed but the second I seen Drago in the trailer I was out
You're right about it being pretty predictable. But the thing I disagreed with was that Sly ran the series into the ground.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You're right about it being pretty predictable. But the thing I disagreed with was that Sly ran the series into the ground.

I could do without Rocky 4,5 and Rocky Balboa.

Rocky 3 is the best in my opinion. Now that's a classic.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’ll echo Cheese in this one. It was enjoyable but probably the most predictable movie I’ve seen this year. Did anyone NOT think this was pretty much a remake of Rocky 4?

The final fight was exciting to watch but the outcomes of all the fights were really never in any doubt.

The filmmakers missed a huge opportunity to flesh out the young Drago though. I felt like they were on the verge several times to make him more developed but they just missed the boat every time. Instead they just focused on his father looking broken and angry all the time. Drago wasn’t developed back in 1985 and he wasn’t anymore developed here.

I was hoping for something different but instead got more of the same—not just for Rocky but for Boxing/sports movies in general.
I disagree. The Drago of Rocky IV was very much developed. He was the typical Soviet puppet doing the bidding of the Politburo. He was a tool of their supposed superiority. This is why he rarely spoke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I disagree. The Drago of Rocky IV was very much developed. He was the typical Soviet puppet doing the bidding of the Politburo. He was a tool of their supposed superiority. This is why he rarely spoke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is unrelated but:

When I was a kid and that film came out, nothing inspired more hype than the scene in IV after Rocky lands his first punch and cuts Drago and Duke says: "He's worried! You cut him! You hurt him! You see? You see? He's not a machine, he's a man!" All the scenes of Rocky's kid watching the game were literally me and my friends lol.

As my kids would say; Rocky 4 was dank! :p

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I don’t care what anyone says, Creed II May have flaws but I loved it. It takes me back to thoughts of watching every Rocky with my Pops.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
This is unrelated but:

When I was a kid and that film came out, nothing inspired more hype than the scene in IV after Rocky lands his first punch and cuts Drago and Duke says: "He's worried! You cut him! You hurt him! You see? You see? He's not a machine, he's a man!" All the scenes of Rocky's kid watching the game were literally me and my friends lol.

As my kids would say; Rocky 4 was dank! :p

I'm with you! That scene still gives me chills!

I saw this film in the theater and was pleasantly surprised. I was worried because of the story line and because the first Creed was so incredible. It's been long enough now, so it's time for a 2nd viewing.