Positive Media Vibe on Cardinals

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If we had an average defense last season we could've beaten the 49ers twice? They lost Sanders their #1 WR, replaced him with a rookie. They lost Buckner, the anchor of the IDL & replaced him with a rookie (Kinlaw) the Rams lost Quite a bit & will not be 9-7 again. Seattle we split with in 2019 just like almost every yr. We added pieces to all areas of our defense that needed it imo, plus Hopkins on offense. I see not why we wouldn't have a chance to compete for the division.

We gave up 49 TDs during the regular season of our Super Bowl year.

Last year's combination under a new DC and with a passel of rookies and castoffs gave up 52.

Every reason to believe that we can improve on both those numbers.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
The rest of the division are multiple years into their systems, weren't picking in the top ten, and didn't add a player who desperately needs to get more time in his multiple roles.

If you think we're on the same level of experience from coaching on down in the NFL compared to our opponents, I don't know what to tell ya.

the 2018 49ers finished 4-12, got beat by the worst team in Cardinal Franchise history TWICE, and picked number 2. The next year they go to the SB.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
the 2018 49ers finished 4-12, got beat by the worst team in Cardinal Franchise history TWICE, and picked number 2. The next year they go to the SB.
Different situations entirely. They were out their franchise QB. They lost their starting RB before the season. 4 of their losses were within one score. Even with Nick Mullens and CJ Beathard throwing the ball they had more passing yards than we did in 2019.

Outside of the Browns and Seahawks games last year I did not see a good team. Kingsbury is still a losing head coach and Vance Joseph doesn't inspire confidence. Not really trying to rain on everyone's parade here, but for all of the good moves and cool pictures of Kliff's house, we need to actually put the product on the field. We haven't even had as much as a minicamp or OTA yet so I'm gonna reserve at least some doubt here.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Different situations entirely. They were out their franchise QB. They lost their starting RB before the season. 4 of their losses were within one score. Even with Nick Mullens and CJ Beathard throwing the ball they had more passing yards than we did in 2019.

Outside of the Browns and Seahawks games last year I did not see a good team. Kingsbury is still a losing head coach and Vance Joseph doesn't inspire confidence. Not really trying to rain on everyone's parade here, but for all of the good moves and cool pictures of Kliff's house, we need to actually put the product on the field. We haven't even had as much as a minicamp or OTA yet so I'm gonna reserve at least some doubt here.
You still wanted Stone Age Rivera huh

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
The rest of the division are multiple years into their systems, weren't picking in the top ten, and didn't add a player who desperately needs to get more time in his multiple roles.

If you think we're on the same level of experience from coaching on down in the NFL compared to our opponents, I don't know what to tell ya.

I think the Cardinals coaching staff has plenty of experience. It's only Kliff who doesnt have a ton of NFL experience, but he does have extensive playcalling and QB coaching experience.

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
This means Murray out for season game 1 as a Cards fan!

PS Reverse Mojo Jinx Hex, so this thread won't be bumped!

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If we get another piece on the Dline or O-line I am ready to push my chips in. Let's see what the river brings Keim

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So many bandwagon fans will come out of the woodwork when the cards make the playoffs again. But few of us watched the whole Wilkes season
Haha i remember saying sooooo many cuss words during that hellish season

Amazingly horrible qb def and offense lmfao

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Let's not fight this. I want to be hopeful too. We have a bigger learning curve and unproven talent gap.
I'm gonna be highly disappointed if we're not in the division race for the biggest portion of the season. The pieces that were added to this team on paper, looks better to me than I can ever remember seeing. Again, that's on paper, it has to come together on the field. I feel optimistic that it will. Let's keep our fingers crossed brother.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Shhh shhhh shhhhhh... It's okay to let yourself have a little hope solar, you sound try it!

Stop that, Solar is my barometer. I really cannot recall any stance of his where he has ever been right... which is why I have complete confidence in Murray, Kingsbury and Drake along with anyone else which is going to be advantageous due to his headstrong opposition lol

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Stop that, Solar is my barometer. I really cannot recall any stance of his where he has ever been right... which is why I have complete confidence in Murray, Kingsbury and Drake along with anyone else which is going to be advantageous due to his headstrong opposition lol
Absolutely nonsensical.

I've been here for a year longer than you have, although I haven't posted as much. Short of maybe Kyler Murray, who has a long career ahead of him, I've had few strong opinions that haven't panned out.

But I bet you're going to call me "wrong" that Kliff Kingsbury isn't an offensive genius or something. Or that Justin Murray is still a perfectly capable starting right tackle despite signing Marcus Gilbert and drafting Josh Jones to play his position.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Absolutely nonsensical.

I've been here for a year longer than you have, although I haven't posted as much. Short of maybe Kyler Murray, who has a long career ahead of him, I've had few strong opinions that haven't panned out.

But I bet you're going to call me "wrong" that Kliff Kingsbury isn't an offensive genius or something. Or that Justin Murray is still a perfectly capable starting right tackle despite signing Marcus Gilbert and drafting Josh Jones to play his position.
If Marcus Gilbert didn't get hurt last season, there wouldn't even be a Justin Murray lol. Made total sense resigning Gilbert after seeing his rehab going well. Justin Murray is decent, he will make for a good backup tackle, who knows, he may even be a good guard? I'm glad we waited on drafting a tackle, it paid off waiting on Josh Jones who had a first round grade.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Well no OC, just a pas game coordinator no run game coordinator, we went to the run game to survive, but never prioritized it ! That’s BS to me - see if that changes.