Ozark (Netflix)

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
binged both seasons about a month ago, absolutely loved it. Great show. I liked Jacob :(

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe because I binge watched Season 3, a bit of peak interest waned for me. Mesmerizing but not up to Breaking Bad.

Darlene is pure evil. Ben Davis was tiring to all Hell. Ruth is superstar but her dialog is a bit redundant. Never have seen so many so beaten close to death and rebound miraculously.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just finished season 3. I'm up way too late. What a brilliant show

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk courtesy of puckhead

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
now that its not 130 in the morning, I will pile on.

The very end scene was predictable over the last episode or two and still was a bit of a shocker the way it happened.

The episode two episodes prior, where dan is committed, gets out, heads to lawyers house, etc was intense as hell. The acotr portraying Dan deserves a lot of work after this if he did not have it already. He did an amazing job all around.

Ruths new residence is troubling, didnt think things would ever swing that direction.

This whole show is brilliant. I absolutely love it and I am sad the season is over again. I easily put this up there in my all time favorite shows and I am surprised it is discussed as limited as it is here and in life in general. Many people have not even seen it. I am enjoying it every bit as I enjoyed breaking bad. It is THAT good IMO.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think some of the lack of discussion is the nature of Netflix - a whole season released at once, so not everyone watches at the same time.

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
now that its not 130 in the morning, I will pile on.

The very end scene was predictable over the last episode or two and still was a bit of a shocker the way it happened.

The episode two episodes prior, where dan is committed, gets out, heads to lawyers house, etc was intense as hell. The acotr portraying Dan deserves a lot of work after this if he did not have it already. He did an amazing job all around.

Ruths new residence is troubling, didnt think things would ever swing that direction.

This whole show is brilliant. I absolutely love it and I am sad the season is over again. I easily put this up there in my all time favorite shows and I am surprised it is discussed as limited as it is here and in life in general. Many people have not even seen it. I am enjoying it every bit as I enjoyed breaking bad. It is THAT good IMO.
I would have to agree. Ozark is a fav along with Deadwood, Barry, and Justified.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think some of the lack of discussion is the nature of Netflix - a whole season released at once, so not everyone watches at the same time.
even outside of here or say in pop culture in general, I never really hear ANYONE ask about the show or talk about the show.

IE: Tiger king exploded and its netflix. 10 reasons why exploded. Many series have exploded. Ozark keeps getting extended so it must be doing well but it is interesting that it doesnt get a ton of attention.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
even outside of here or say in pop culture in general, I never really hear ANYONE ask about the show or talk about the show.

IE: Tiger king exploded and its netflix. 10 reasons why exploded. Many series have exploded. Ozark keeps getting extended so it must be doing well but it is interesting that it doesnt get a ton of attention.
I think Ozark was #2 on Netflix for a long time. It was 2 or 3 while I was watching it a couple weeks ago.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Last night I started watching Episode 1 of season 3. Apparently I liked it because I ended up binge watching all 10 episodes until 4:45am. I thought it was the best season yet.

Wow! That's insane. I stayed up until 10pm last night, but that's only because I took a nap yesterday.

Season 3 was very bingeable though. One long intense storyline that sucks you in and never lets up. Can't wait for season 4.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Wow! That's insane. I stayed up until 10pm last night, but that's only because I took a nap yesterday.

Season 3 was very bingeable though. One long intense storyline that sucks you in and never lets up. Can't wait for season 4.
not bad for a guy who is 68.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Season 4 has not been greenlighted yet surprisingly. It has to be, it has been trending top ten on netflix for months.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking they are probably working out the business part. Perhaps with all the success, new contracts have to be negotiated.

They are trying to figure out how to write the Coronavirus and all the partying ******** on Lake of the Ozarks into the storyline

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
They are trying to figure out how to write the Coronavirus and all the partying ******** on Lake of the Ozarks into the storyline

You actually bring up an interesting point. How are shows/movies set in current time going to deal with Coronavirus? Scenes that take place in restaurants, stores, parks, anywhere in public really, are going to have to be shot in a completely different way now (unless they just ignore that Covid exists). Will the virus end up dominating shows just by it's existence in the script? I pity the writers.

Maybe this deserves a separate thread - moving forward how will entertainment incorporate our new Covid lifestyles in storylines.......

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You actually bring up an interesting point. How are shows/movies set in current time going to deal with Coronavirus? Scenes that take place in restaurants, stores, parks, anywhere in public really, are going to have to be shot in a completely different way now (unless they just ignore that Covid exists). Will the virus end up dominating shows just by it's existence in the script? I pity the writers.

Maybe this deserves a separate thread - moving forward how will entertainment incorporate our new Covid lifestyles in storylines.......

It will be interesting to see for sure. I look at scenes today (that were obviously filmed before the pandemic) and think - where is the social distancing!

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose